Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Discuss here
domipost
Hazel
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-09-28 15:24

On 2010-09-27 18:47:04, badassmam wrote:

would not ditch their A2, as the trends have changed they continue to produce these but in cheaper models the same way that Cybershots and Walkmans are now. Obviously Android and WP7 will be the main focus but a diverse range is always a good idea.

Finally some good news! A2 owns every single platform out there imo
avmaxfan
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2010-09-28 15:39

On 2010-09-28 15:24:52, domipost wrote:

On 2010-09-27 18:47:04, badassmam wrote:

would not ditch their A2, as the trends have changed they continue to produce these but in cheaper models the same way that Cybershots and Walkmans are now. Obviously Android and WP7 will be the main focus but a diverse range is always a good idea.

Finally some good news! A2 owns every single platform out there imo

+ Infinity
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-09-28 16:05
I am a huge fan of A2 too, does anyone know anything about A2 touch? I remember there was a lot of talk about it just under a year ago and to see it in cheaper cybershot/walkman handsets would be awesome, they could really clean up that market, providing the handsets are reliable.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2010-09-28 16:44
I really like the flash based UI on A2 phones. I'd like to see it developed further with capacitive touch too, like the Aino screen but more refined.
domipost
Hazel
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-09-28 18:31
Don't think they'll ever make a touch platform from A2. They have their Yendo touch platform (Sagem I think?). Either they have to adjust A2 really much, else they'll get something like Symban^1 and you don't want that, or they should go the Android way for all touch phones. (Yendo is pretty nice imo, btw, but much more limited than A2)
>>SAMEH
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-09-28 21:29
^ ^

for me.. i really missed a2 platform, Aino was just away step of developing a2, yap it came with unfinished work.. but still, java platform for like The Godfather of their own OS.. i do really miss every a2 device.. and wandering what if keep doing development for it, who remember those days of introducing W980.. with nice audio stuff Clear bass & stereo and FM transmitter.. then C905, at first time a2 platform comes with built-in WiFi & GPS as well as 8MP..WoW that was cool!, then Aino with touch screen or a half! and a2 still has more.. browser really needs more works, it can barely support adds flash website after all the crappy dreaming of what they called "Project Capuchin".. so i hope that hiding something for us.. something we can called the next generation of a2!
domipost
Hazel
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-09-28 22:36
I'd go for A3
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2010-09-28 23:22

By Domipost
@rss
Now that's cool! AT&T know how much iPhones they actually sold Pity for them that Apple sells a lot more iPhones than the ones via AT&T cause there is a market in the rest of the world too and there's something like import too. The only way to get a good estimate of the numbers of any phone, including iPhone, sold is to look at how much of them are shipped by the manufacturer and lower that number a bit for the timegap between shipment and sale of the device.

Sorry, but you just do not get it. Have ever you heard Apple announced how much iPhones they have sold in total since 2007? No, because they cannot track it. But Steve confidently said during the iPhone 4 announcement that they have shipped about 25 million iPhones to date. Why Steve did not said that they have sold 25 million iPhones if your formula is the most accurate way of determining the the total units of iPhones Apple have sold since 2007?

You clearly do not get the difference between the units shipped and units sold. You're formula here is not the one being used as the basis in tracking how many units of phones are sold. That's not the way it goes. If manufacturers can accurately track the sales of their phones, like the phones being sold by a single retailer, or group of retailers that they can get the total sales of their devices from, then cell phone makers would announce to the world how many of their respective models have been sold. If it goes just like you mentioned, then any manufacturer would claim they have sold millions phones even though they have not.

4 out of 7 Froyo devices you named aren't available in Europe and that goes for the update for the Milestone too in a lot of country's. And apart from the fact that most of us are in Europe, we're talking SE here and their major markets certainly don't include the US. So the comparision is a bit strange...

Android's biggest market is the US. So why would it be strange comparison? Beside, you are talking about how many Android devices that runs on Froyo.
[ This Message was edited by: rss_ndrsn on 2010-09-28 23:21 ]
Mizzou
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-09-29 13:01
rss_ndrsn

what's eating you? can not sleep when you do not have numbers? he founded his forum and count how many non-stop phone sold, there is a SE-portfolio 2010, did you notice it?
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-09-29 13:47

On 2010-09-29 13:01:53, Mizzou wrote:
rss_ndrsn

what's eating you? can not sleep when you do not have numbers? he founded his forum and count how many non-stop phone sold, there is a SE-portfolio 2010, did you notice it?

Anyway, I'm looking to see what this X12 or whatever it will be called packs. If it is a great device I may get it, I actually hope it is decent enough.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
DarkKrypt
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-09-29 15:02
anything good- to great
WITH xenon or plasma from se i will be going for.
like a few other people that commented here.

there was a rumour about a year or so ago.
that se was going to implement wide optical zoom into their 'cybershot' camera phones.

links like..
Sony Cybershot DSC-G3 Wi-Fi Digital Camera Offers Web Browsing [Sony Claim World’s First]

or this
(like the satio..)
Sony Cyber-shot DSC T900 Review – Bargain 12.0 MP Digital Camera

or DSC-TX9 - 12.2 megapixels Exmor R™ CMOS, 4x optical zoom/25mm wide angle, Full HD movie, 8.8cm LCD and 3D
or DSC-T99 - 14.1 megapixels, 4x zoom/24mm wide angle, HD movie and 7.5cm wide touchscreen LCD

more or less the T-series
The sleek and stylish T Series
A range of ultra slim, stylish cameras with advanced shooting features. Cyber-shot™ T Series cameras offer a no-compromise blend of high image quality and stunning good looks.
link
[ This Message was edited by: DarkKrypt on 2010-09-29 14:06 ]
| history 5110, 8210, 3310, P900/10,8250, 5210, 1100, 3220, GA628,T105,w810,K550, K610,W880,W910,P1,G900,C905, Satio, x10 mini, arc, XS, XZ, XZ3, XZ5P,XA2U
domipost
Hazel
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-09-29 18:09

On 2010-09-28 23:22:42, rss_ndrsn wrote:

By Domipost
@rss
Now that's cool! AT&T know how much iPhones they actually sold Pity for them that Apple sells a lot more iPhones than the ones via AT&T cause there is a market in the rest of the world too and there's something like import too. The only way to get a good estimate of the numbers of any phone, including iPhone, sold is to look at how much of them are shipped by the manufacturer and lower that number a bit for the timegap between shipment and sale of the device.

Sorry, but you just do not get it. Have ever you heard Apple announced how much iPhones they have sold in total since 2007? No, because they cannot track it. But Steve confidently said during the iPhone 4 announcement that they have shipped about 25 million iPhones to date. Why Steve did not said that they have sold 25 million iPhones if your formula is the most accurate way of determining the the total units of iPhones Apple have sold since 2007?

You clearly do not get the difference between the units shipped and units sold. You're formula here is not the one being used as the basis in tracking how many units of phones are sold. That's not the way it goes. If manufacturers can accurately track the sales of their phones, like the phones being sold by a single retailer, or group of retailers that they can get the total sales of their devices from, then cell phone makers would announce to the world how many of their respective models have been sold. If it goes just like you mentioned, then any manufacturer would claim they have sold millions phones even though they have not.

4 out of 7 Froyo devices you named aren't available in Europe and that goes for the update for the Milestone too in a lot of country's. And apart from the fact that most of us are in Europe, we're talking SE here and their major markets certainly don't include the US. So the comparision is a bit strange...

Android's biggest market is the US. So why would it be strange comparison? Beside, you are talking about how many Android devices that runs on Froyo.

The reason they don't make those things public is different, but keep dreaming

Anyway, back to rumours
>>SAMEH
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-09-29 20:52

On 2010-09-29 15:02:52, DarkKrypt wrote:
anything good- to great
WITH xenon or plasma from se i will be going for.
like a few other people that commented here.

there was a rumour about a year or so ago.
that se was going to implement wide optical zoom into their 'cybershot' camera phones.

hope so..

a weak ago i had some moments to use my friend's camera TX9
i really got shock about what they have got.. these pieces really deserve "Cyber Shot" brand, shame on C905 as well as Satio! still the lens of cell phones far away of them
C905.. who'll be the next?
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2010-09-29 22:46

On 2010-09-29 18:09:04, domipost wrote:

On 2010-09-28 23:22:42, rss_ndrsn wrote:

By Domipost
@rss

Android's biggest market is the US. So why would it be strange comparison? Beside, you are talking about how many Android devices that Froyo is running on.

The reason they don't make those things public is different, but keep dreaming

Anyway, back to rumours

Well, you are the most ignorant person I have ever come across with; I meant it in a bad way! The reason is non other than those SE phones just did not or have not sold a million each.

To others who commented on this matter, could you back read please? Agian, a lot of poeple here have the habit of butting in a conversation they do not fully understand. Please make sure you read all of the posts before you comment. especially, trance.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 135136137 ... 232233234  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic