Forum > General discussions > Rumours > SE-Portfolio 2010

Previous  123 ... 134135136 ... 232233234  Next
Author SE-Portfolio 2010
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2010-09-27 00:42
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
^Why would I go away to other forum? I am just stating cold hard facts and you know "truth" hurts.

Let's just take a look at iPhone 4. It sold 1 million units in the US in few days and counting, meaning there are at least 1 million people "who have" iPhone 4. How did Apple get this figure? They got it from AT&T because it is the only wireless carrier that sells one in the US. Does that sales figure based on the total number of iPhone 4 shipped? No, it was based from the total number of people who bought the iPhone 4. Same goes with Xperia X10 in Japan. Since X10 is exclusive to NTT Docomo, SE was able to confidently say they sold 120,000 units in two months. Again, it means there are at least 120,000 X10 owners in Japan to date.

About the Froyo, why would a manufacturer release an update to their phone that is half-baked? Froyo is stable already.
And there are actually more than five phone that have Android 2.2, and will get even more next month with the Samsung rooling out the updates for the Galaxy S series and the HTC Desire HD. The phones are the Droid X, Droid 2, Motorola Milestone, Nexus One, HTC Desire, HTC Evo 4, and HTC Droid Incredible.
[ This Message was edited by: rss_ndrsn on 2010-09-26 23:43 ]
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-09-27 04:01
There are a couple of threads where you can complain about this. Remember this is a thread for rumours!

All the things you've been saying lately have been known for a while already.
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
echo.shane
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-09-27 05:24
since the bankruptcy ok symbian uiq sony ericsson should've drop symbian all together...

they've almost destroy not to mention embarrassed sony's walkman and cybershot brandnames by reproducing the sh*ty devices over and over in different skins

they've destroy the p-series business line with delayed updates and now there on there way of destroying the xperia family and they have the audacity of wanting to put play station on their next phone...........OH PLEASE SE GIVE ME A BRAKE....what else is next VIAO and BRAVIA......

YOU PEOPLE OVER SONY ERICSSON NEED TO FOCUS ON ONE OPERATING SYSTEM

at this stage you dont

1 symbian
2 aphone
3 java

either phone7 or android or both. they can satisfy business and entertainment folks and if they dont have the nessessary apps make em damn it

DROP SYMBIAN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD NOKIA IS SHIT. SE YOU WILL NEVER KNOW SYMBIAN LIKE NOKIA

DROP NOKIA DROP SYMBIAN.

im so done with company cuz they dont give a shit... i dont have 600 dollars to waste on a piece of plastic until someone knock some sense into them i'll buy their products...

im so angry right now and i also believe they should know how the public feels
Shane Bygrave - Photographer.Designer.Artist

I Memorable Moments T230, T68i, K310, P1i
I Xperia X10 with 2.3.3
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-09-27 06:40
Dude, they said just recently there's no more symbian coming in the foreseeable future.

The p-series reached it's natural end when UIQ died, it wasn't because they killed it.

They already do Bravia phones in Japan and they sell alright, I for one would consider buying a phone with a high quality screen and digital TV tuner built-in.

It would be very difficult to say the walkman and cybershot brands have been hurt by the mobile phone sales from SE.

Going to only one OS is suicide, you know the eggs and baskets saying right? Even if Google's basket looking strong or WP7 catches up with everyone very quickly, putting all your eggs with one of them is very risky business strategy.

Just breathe a mo and chill out a bit. It's a personal choice on mobile phones, not a nation's choice over nuclear warheads, so is it worth getting worked up about?
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
echo.shane
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-09-27 06:45

On 2010-09-27 06:40:59, Ricky D wrote:
Dude, they said just recently there's no more symbian coming in the foreseeable future.

The p-series reached it's natural end when UIQ died, it wasn't because they killed it.

They already do Bravia phones in Japan and they sell alright, I for one would consider buying a phone with a high quality screen and digital TV tuner built-in.

It would be very difficult to say the walkman and cybershot brands have been hurt by the mobile phone sales from SE.

Going to only one OS is suicide, you know the eggs and baskets saying right? Even if Google's basket looking strong or WP7 catches up with everyone very quickly, putting all your eggs with one of them is very risky business strategy.

Just breathe a mo and chill out a bit. It's a personal choice on mobile phones, not a nation's choice over nuclear warheads, so is it worth getting worked up about?

im on a chill pill
Shane Bygrave - Photographer.Designer.Artist

I Memorable Moments T230, T68i, K310, P1i
I Xperia X10 with 2.3.3
synn
M600 white
PM
Posted: 2010-09-27 10:33
lol the posts in this thread are exactly the same even when I check up on it after months.
Keep up the good work folks, keep crying.

I personally am holding out for the X12 pro with an attached electric razor though. If SE doesn't deliver this by Q4 THEY WILL ABSOLUTELY FAIL~!!!!11
Phoner
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2010-09-27 13:32
Back to rumours
According to Eldars latest article on Russian M-R:

- we will see X12 flagship on Android in February 2011
- X12 will likely have 12Mpix camera
- there will be no 2.2 update for existing SE Android devices
- development of about three Symbian based phones was stopped (Satio successor included) when SE decided to leave Symbian
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2010-09-27 14:09
Some rumours at last, thanks Phoner.

Well that's it for Symbian. I've always said Vivaz would have been a much better device with Android.

I supposed this means there will be a three-device gap in their portfolio for 2011 - 2012. Three phones is a lot to take out of an already diminished portfolio.
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2010-09-27 16:04
Hope SE plans to make a good android camera phone now when satio2 is scraped. Also hope some info on satio2 is released, still a little curious on how it would have been. Wonder if it had optical zoom.
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-09-27 16:49

On 2010-09-26 22:19:25, domipost wrote:

On 2010-09-26 21:16:56, doministry wrote:
EVERY Android powered device on Earth, which has any significant position on the market
runs latest Android versions.

Rofl Name me more than 5 Froyo devices.... Right.. Desire, N1. Oh, wait, there it ends

Still just don't get why everybody is complaining about that single stupid number of the Android-version. I'd rather have a good working 1.5 or even 1.0 device than some half working Froyo device. Yeah, there might be some problems with the X10, but every phone has something to complain about. Who cares if it's Froyo, Eclair or Donut (except for you guys that seem to have some number-fetish)

Anyway, only max 5% of the people who own an Android smartphone actually knows that there are different versions, so it isn't a big deal for any manufacturer.

You're funny.

All the top HTCs like all Desire line, all Motorolas have 2.2 or will have it in a moment.

The number of Android means completely new functionality, just educate yourself just a little bit
before posting. 1.6 is dead crap today.

As for rumours - if we have a future Android Feb. 2011 that means they really attack the market like crazy.

Buhahahahahaha.
a w a r e
domipost
Hazel
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-09-27 18:32

On 2010-09-27 16:49:40, doministry wrote:

On 2010-09-26 22:19:25, domipost wrote:

On 2010-09-26 21:16:56, doministry wrote:
EVERY Android powered device on Earth, which has any significant position on the market
runs latest Android versions.

Rofl Name me more than 5 Froyo devices.... Right.. Desire, N1. Oh, wait, there it ends

Still just don't get why everybody is complaining about that single stupid number of the Android-version. I'd rather have a good working 1.5 or even 1.0 device than some half working Froyo device. Yeah, there might be some problems with the X10, but every phone has something to complain about. Who cares if it's Froyo, Eclair or Donut (except for you guys that seem to have some number-fetish)

Anyway, only max 5% of the people who own an Android smartphone actually knows that there are different versions, so it isn't a big deal for any manufacturer.

You're funny.

All the top HTCs like all Desire line, all Motorolas have 2.2 or will have it in a moment.

The number of Android means completely new functionality, just educate yourself just a little bit
before posting. 1.6 is dead crap today.

As for rumours - if we have a future Android Feb. 2011 that means they really attack the market like crazy.

Buhahahahahaha.

I know exactly what the android versions mean. I've probably had more Android-devices than you'll have phones in the next 10 years.

Gotta say I forgot about the Moto's though, cause Motorola doesn't even exist here in The Netherlands. And if you scrap the moto devices the only European 2.2 devices currently for sale actually are the Desire and the N1.

@rss
Now that's cool! AT&T know how much iPhones they actually sold Pity for them that Apple sells a lot more iPhones than the ones via AT&T cause there is a market in the rest of the world too and there's something like import too. The only way to get a good estimate of the numbers of any phone, including iPhone, sold is to look at how much of them are shipped by the manufacturer and lower that number a bit for the timegap between shipment and sale of the device.

4 out of 7 Froyo devices you named aren't available in Europe and that goes for the update for the Milestone too in a lot of country's. And apart from the fact that most of us are in Europe, we're talking SE here and their major markets certainly don't include the US. So the comparision is a bit strange...
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2010-09-27 18:47
Press conference by MS for WP7 in the second week of October, no though because the devices that will feature are all ready for release. It would be good for to leak something around this date to get some interest so that people don't all go rushing out for an LG or something.

Symbian should be continued but the devices need to be changed to suit so ignore Symbian for multimedia Entertainment Unlimited phones and maybe go towards cheaper business in the same way Nokia always kill it with their E series. Symbian would be good on the Aspen as WM 6.5 is no more unless you're on XDA.

would not ditch their A2, as the trends have changed they continue to produce these but in cheaper models the same way that Cybershots and Walkmans are now. Obviously Android and WP7 will be the main focus but a diverse range is always a good idea.

Also, Sealover has popped up again meaning that there's some doubts about and he/she is ready to pounce once again. Sealover's comments are fun but I'm sure some of you will disagree.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-09-28 09:45
Sony Ericsson LiveView™

Check you phone/app/messaging/social network status from a small touchscreen accessory.
[ This Message was edited by: Ricky D on 2010-09-28 08:53 ]
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2010-09-28 10:02

On 2010-09-28 09:45:53, Ricky D wrote:
Sony Ericsson LiveView™

Check you phone/app/messaging/social network status from a small touchscreen accessory.
[ This Message was edited by: Ricky D on 2010-09-28 08:53 ]

compatible with Android 2.x ++ phone....
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-09-28 10:20
wow after 8years they finally lauch this product !!
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 134135136 ... 232233234  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic