Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > Compact Camera Manager Settings for w995 and Modded Camera Driver for Sony Ericsson w995

Author Compact Camera Manager Settings for w995 and Modded Camera Driver for Sony Ericsson w995
brazzuka's
Xperia X10 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-01-09 21:05
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

@NoroBiik
In the Snow video it looks like the W995 hardware (or driver) is having a hard time keeping up with a 640x480 resolution while moving the camera view. I'm impressed it even was able to capture video at that resolution , is there a viable res between 320x200 & 640x480?

yes, the model has difficulties in recording with quality reasonable resolution VGA. between 320x200 & 640x480? Yes res CIF if you want

@ lipe
thanks brazzuka's update camdriver really really do quality work congratz
the vga video recording is amazing and the pics are more sharp and real colors
awesome and happy 2010 with news surprises i hope

happy 2010 too. Surprises? Humm don´t know yet, some of the team are working on their projects and not have enough time. Maybe Surprises but not a BIG BOOM.
brazzuka's
Xperia X10 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-01-09 21:25
HoHoHo

brazzuka's
Xperia X10 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-01-10 11:36
good pics in low light, impressive is the ability of the W995, is need takes a lot of balanced situation and I think the W995 has that. sharp, shutter speed and iso balanced with low light.The best way to achieve these results is a driver fully optimized for the task. Happy 2010 to all and Vacations here will go vacations vacations time!!!

ant_kam12
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-01-10 13:44
Almost every camdriver produses great close/macro pics...So please don't post these kind of pics in order to justify your camdriver integrity!!!We need another kind of pics....
Cheers!!!
brazzuka's
Xperia X10 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-01-10 14:17

@ant_kam12
Almost every camdriver produses great close/macro pics...So please don't post these kind of pics in order to justify your camdriver integrity!!!We need another kind of pics....
Cheers!!!

You're only seeing macro shots here?
please don't post these kind of pics in order to justify your camdriver integrity!!!
We do not justify, the photos justified and are the best evidence for this
We need another kind of pics?? Whos? What kind of photos you are willing to see?
Almost every camdriver produses great close/macro
My VGA cam produce good photos in macro mode, nobody denied this.
Why do not you put your favorite photos in many ways so?
are waiting for this
ant_kam12
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-01-10 20:58
First off all I did n't meant any offence...All I want is the best for my W995....And I respect your work...
The majority of pics posted are objects that are close to camera...Especially for the latest camdriver...
These close pics are very good indeed...No doubt...And pics tells us that...BUT there are other scenarios....
I like your camdriver and I 've tested with my friends daylight night flash off flash on...So I know your quality...All I want is to contribute in order to make your camdriver perfect...
I ve tested many camdrivers and always post my results with honesty...
So, I meant no offence again...
Let's get to the point...Changing EV+/- changes shutter speed???Cause +0.7 produses nice pictures ,I mean not dark..
And that effects to the level of noise???
Take care...
brazzuka's
Xperia X10 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-01-11 12:06

@ ant_kam12
First off all I did n't meant any offence...All I want is the best for my W995....And I respect your work...
The majority of pics posted are objects that are close to camera...Especially for the latest camdriver...
These close pics are very good indeed...No doubt...And pics tells us that...BUT there are other scenarios....
I like your camdriver and I 've tested with my friends daylight night flash off flash on...So I know your quality...All I want is to contribute in order to make your camdriver perfect...

Good luck in your quest for perfect camdriver.

I ve tested many camdrivers and always post my results with honesty...
So, I meant no offence again...
Let's get to the point...Changing EV+/- changes shutter speed???Cause +0.7 produses nice pictures ,I mean not dark..
And that effects to the level of noise???
Take care...

I don´t know, you tested normal EV? and really only changes the exposure shutter speed? iso nothing happens? I don´t know if there is a rule to use the EV to take nice pics, all depends on the environment. If you want, you can find your answers with a manual of photography has all the information to get a great picture.The best way to discover is only testing, test yourself, take pics in automode with and without led flash using EV +/- , tests the scenes in many environments with and without led flash, the scenes are set for each environment and ask it to other modders and see what they say and draw your own conclusions .Enjoy the driver, has many functions available and I think you have not noticed it.The nice pics is you that makes remember.Sometimes us have amnesia, lack of memory do not know everything We are waiting anxiously your nice pics

cheers
brazzuka's
Xperia X10 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-01-12 13:47
menu: ISO/Effects
photo mode: manual iso
iso100

iso200

iso400
lipe
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2010-01-15 18:20
great news brazzukas
and i hope that manual iso fix with effects in video is very useful manual iso
manual shutter led flash is so nice, the colors is excelent congrats but sometimes the scenes have a bugs is correct?
mode
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2010-01-16 02:22
Brazzuka, how come iso100 looks better than iso400 in low light? Shouldn't it be the other way around?
Ericsson EH97, GA628, GF768, A2618s, T29s Sony Ericsson T68i, S700i, P990i, Z558i, W902, W995, X10, Arc S
*Xperia V*White*Black MW600*Sandisk Mobile Ultra 64GB microSDXC*
brazzuka's
Xperia X10 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-01-16 12:16

@ lipe
great news brazzukas
and i hope that manual iso fix with effects in video is very useful manual iso
manual shutter led flash is so nice, the colors is excelent congrats but sometimes the scenes have a bugs is correct?

Yes almost all models SE have some problem in the scenes mode, is a bug.

@ mode
Brazzuka, how come iso100 looks better than iso400 in low light? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Depend on how you understand by see better. View the pictures by the clarity, luminosity or view the pictures without noises, this is the point.In theory and in practice the ISO works with these two factors clarity luminosity and noise.
High ISO = high clarity and more noise
Low ISO = Low clarity and less noise
Of course it also depends on a good set device(sensor,lenses,hard,process,chip.. etc...)

Info:
AUTO ISO - digital camera automatically sets the ISO speed according the the brightness of the scene, increasing or decreasing the sensitivity. User has no control over which ISO number is used.

ISO 80 - for taking photos in bright light; excellent for close-ups, landscape, and portraits. Produces fine detail and image quality.

ISO 100 - for extra sensitivity with little, if any, reduced image quality.

ISO 200 - cloudy and overcast days. Acceptable image quality, with some visible noise.

ISO 400 - suitable for indoor photography whether or not a flash is used. Useful for “stop-action” and sports photographs. Most compact digital cameras produce high to very high image noise.

ISO 800, 1600 and above - useful for taking photos in very low light, or outside in good light when increased shutter speeds are required. Results can be disappointing when shooting at these high numbers with compact digital cameras, so take test photos before photographing an important event.

sample pics manual iso working iso:

CanonD10

sonyh50

Changing the ISO may also change the aperture and shutter speed, depending on what exposure mode is used.

info
video
pentaxvideo
pic
pentaxcamera
cheers
[ This Message was edited by: brazzuka's on 2010-01-16 13:19 ]
swift1
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-02-10 16:51
wow...thanks! But why can not I download? E-mail can be sent to me do? shuweijiewen@163.com Thank you
Jonwar
W980
PM
Posted: 2010-02-21 20:28
Hi guys! yesterday i downloaded v2.0_Extreme Sharpness™ Special Edition, wonderful camdriver, my w995 takes awesome pics. But i have a problem with the led flash, i dont want it to turn on in every situation, just when its necesary because sometimes i wanna take pics without being noticed and i cant because the led flash turns on.
Can anyone help me with that? or its necesary to edit the camdriver? Thanks!
brazzuka's
Xperia X10 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-02-25 14:12

@ swift1
wow...thanks! But why can not I download? E-mail can be sent to me do? Thank you

Done!

On 2010-02-21 20:28:41, Jonwar wrote:
Hi guys! yesterday i downloaded v2.0_Extreme Sharpness™ Special Edition, wonderful camdriver, my w995 takes awesome pics. But i have a problem with the led flash, i dont want it to turn on in every situation, just when its necesary because sometimes i wanna take pics without being noticed and i cant because the led flash turns on.
Can anyone help me with that? or its necesary to edit the camdriver? Thanks!

You have the option in the LED flash to leave LED flash On or LED flash Off and if you have not for some reason, we will update this option in next version.
cheers nice week 2 all

jlieu
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-28 07:36
G00D driver!!!!Thanks to the modder!!!
now waiting for further improvement..
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi