Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > Compact Camera Manager Settings for w995 and Modded Camera Driver for Sony Ericsson w995

Author Compact Camera Manager Settings for w995 and Modded Camera Driver for Sony Ericsson w995
Luhccas-U1a
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-25 20:38
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@kronos12
Don't touch it... Just drag'n drop camdriver0.dat in ifs/settings/camera.
Don't delete nothing.
is a lifestyle!
kronos12
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-25 20:56

On 2009-11-25 20:38:26, luhccas-c905 wrote:
@kronos12
Don't touch it... Just drag'n drop camdriver0.dat in ifs/settings/camera.
Don't delete nothing.

Ok,i have test some oder drivers (Rodriguez HD Camdriver for W995) and indoor results are that jocks 1.4 i slite better,produces more sharper pics and more natural colors...so far tomorrow l will shoot some outdoor pics with manual settings...
kronos12
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-27 00:52
Here are some samples resized but Jocks 1.4 and my opinion is lack of sharpens is BIG,and photos look like 5mpx

brazzuka's
Xperia X10 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-27 01:40

@kronos12
Here are some samples resized but Jocks 1.4 and my opinion is lack of sharpens is BIG,and photos look like 5mpx

Sharpness is necessary to take specific photos for better detail the image to be studied and of all the pictures here only newspaper pic that may have an idea of sharpness function.Sharpness can be compared as the detail of something.
Original driver automode Sharpness reseted (00)
Only in scene document Sharpness is (08)
If you want to change the values of sharpness to the maximum and go testing the sharpness. So you see the object details.

sharpness
#COM_EVENT(56,08) // Increase sharpness to max (8)

Lightspeed_x
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2009-11-30 15:40
@kronos: Try Rodriguez Camdriver (HDX 1.6), and see if it has enough sharpness...

Go here:

http://forums.se-nse.net/index.php?showtopic=43277

And/or here:

http://www.esato.com/board/vi[....]ic=188504&start=15#post2777310

Xperia Z2 4.4.2 Kitkat
kronos12
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-01 13:42
all ready on rodrigez driver....looking perfect...l will post some shoots later
Lightspeed_x
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2009-12-01 13:51
@kronos12: Nice, will be waiting your samples...
Xperia Z2 4.4.2 Kitkat
kronos12
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-01 15:13
Here are some sample shoots of newest rodriguez hd driver

in spot,cloudy,iso is automatic,flash is automatic... slite better sharpness and more natural colors..
lipe
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2009-12-07 20:20
Hi brazzukas am back again
I'm using this driver and really the quality is amazing congrats!!! but hope you will motivate them to release the manual settings for k850 or c902 and it can develop one for the W995 would be nice

thanks for everything
NoroBiik
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-08 08:08

Nice , another modded W995 cam driver. Think I"ll try this one since it's a more conservative mod, I don't want to change too much away from the current color balance the stock driver provides.

Brazzuka - do you think you can replicate the change Dirty made to the video resolution of the W995? He upped it slightly from 320x240 to 388x ??? (forgot what the latter value was). It maintained the stability while upping the resolution. If I remember right , he said this was a natural progression in the video value. In fact, my PC cam has this as one of it's standard resolutions.
kronos12
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-08 14:42
Driver is ok,still not like c905 because c905 is cyber shoot but for such a small phone w995 is quite capable camera phone..even video is good-perfect sound in video,if any one has some questions l am here.
Lightspeed_x
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2009-12-13 02:30
@kronos12: What would you say its the best improvement from the camdriver comparing it to the stock drivers?

@Brazzuka's:
I found a bug in ES 1.4 while using macro mode combined with manual iso and flash off... When using Sepia, Negative or Black and White, the flash is on regardless of me turning it off...

Could you please check if you get the same results as me
EDIT: after testing a little more, i found out that it also happens in all auto. From my observations i would say that the auto flash function is kicking in in place of flash off. I mean, instead of flash staying off, it activates (maybe because of the camera light sensor). The downside is that photos taken under these conditions come out over exposed, maybe because settings like shutter speed/ISO are automatically set to work without flash, and when flash fires, pictures get too much light.

I hope this problem can be solved, because otherwise, this driver is really good, i like it a lot, i feel color reproduction is near perfect in virtually all conditions (esp. low light), so if these bugs could be sorted, we might have the best camdriver for W995 to date.
[ This Message was edited by: Lightspeed_x on 2009-12-13 06:43 ]
Xperia Z2 4.4.2 Kitkat
Lightspeed_x
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2009-12-13 07:49
Hi, i found two folders in the rar file i downloaded, I have a question regarding de EN.LNG file: Where do i upload it and what is its purpose?

Thanks in advance!
Xperia Z2 4.4.2 Kitkat
brazzuka's
Xperia X10 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-12-13 12:44

@ kronos12
Driver is ok,still not like c905 because c905 is cyber shoot but for such a small phone w995 is quite capable camera phone..even video is good-perfect sound in video,if any one has some questions l am here.

W995 Walkman Cyber-shot phone

@Lightspeed_x
I found a bug in ES 1.4 while using macro mode combined with manual iso and flash off... When using Sepia, Negative or Black and White, the flash is on regardless of me turning it off...

Could you please check if you get the same results as me
EDIT: after testing a little more, i found out that it also happens in all auto. From my observations i would say that the auto flash function is kicking in in place of flash off. I mean, instead of flash staying off, it activates (maybe because of the camera light sensor). The downside is that photos taken under these conditions come out over exposed, maybe because settings like shutter speed/ISO are automatically set to work without flash, and when flash fires, pictures get too much light.

I hope this problem can be solved, because otherwise, this driver is really good, i like it a lot, i feel color reproduction is near perfect in virtually all conditions (esp. low light), so if these bugs could be sorted, we might have the best camdriver for W995 to date.

Led Flash "Forced" Turn on:
-Led flash turn on in any condition or situation
-Led flash with High light turn on [enable]
-Led flash with Low light turn on [enable]

About Colors Correction works together with Led Flash:
-Led Flash turn on [enable] in your W995 the colors correction off [disable]
-Led Flash turn off [disable] in your W995 the colors correction on [enable]

Manual EV original and Manual Shutter Speed LED Flash
Now you "user" have the freedom to have two controls in your hands.

Scene Night (Twilight Landscape) now with fast shutter speed slow/fast and more the scene nigth with shutter speeed 1s and you "user" can to control the iso using the key EV +/- so now manual iso is available only for this scene Night (Twilight Landscape), for the other scenes the EV +/- default.

The downside is that photos taken under these conditions come out over exposed, maybe because settings like shutter speed/ISO are automatically set to work without flash, and when flash fires, pictures get too much light.
Try to test the shutter speed led flash for flash using EV +/- when the led flash turn on and see which is the best condition for you.

example: decrease shutter speed led flash for flash ev -03 -0.7 -1.0... So we can decrease shutter speed led flash maybe in the next version if you want course and adjust the others functions too but for this is need to test by complete the driver.

@Lightspeed_x
Hi, i found two folders in the rar file i downloaded, I have a question regarding de EN.LNG file: Where do i upload it and what is its purpose?

Thanks in advance!

Here is purpose: effects = manual iso

ISO MANUAL FOR W995

Replaced *effects by iso manual
//==========================EFFECTS=ISO MANUAL
// Property 8, Effects=ISO MANUAL
0 => normal = ISO Auto,
1 => negative = ISO 100
2 => solarize = ISO 200
3 => sepia = ISO 400
4 => black&white = ISO 800
//==========================EFFECTS=ISO MANUAL

You can apply here:
Files *. lng (language)
Should be placed in this folder:

TPA PRESET SYSTEM LANGUAGE

Drag and drop the files "pb.lng" and "en.lng" folder above.
[ This Message was edited by: brazzuka's on 2009-12-13 11:47 ]
Lightspeed_x
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2009-12-13 23:08
@Brazzuka's: Thanks for your reply, i've read your post, however, i think my situation is a bit different. For example, i know that there is no Auto mode for flash, i know now its forced ON or forced OFF.

Here it is where i think things are not behaving according to one would expect. A picture is sometimes better than words, so i will upload a couple pictures so you can see what i am trying to explain to you:

ISO 100 (Manual), Macro, Flash OFF

ISO 200 (Manual) Macro, Flash ON

As you can see from the pictures, in the first case, i turned off the flash, however it fired anyways, causing the picture to come out badly overexposed, in the second picture, i turned the Flash ON and the picture came out better exposed. (I was playing with the scenes and auto mode because i had just uploaded the driver last night)... What i've been able to see from the pictures i have taken from last night and today is that in certain situations flash activates when it is not supposed to (When OFF).

My question is: Is this by design?, or maybe a revision of the camdriver would solve the situation.

Also, if it is by design, is there a way to make the LED flash to work again in Auto/OFF?... would this affect color correction or any other improvement implemented in the driver?

By the way, color correction is excellent in the driver (Especially in low light)

--Sorry for the long post, i wanted to explain myself as clear as possible.

Xperia Z2 4.4.2 Kitkat
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi