Esato

Forum > General discussions > Product reviews > Mik's Impatient Opinions: SE Satio

Author Mik's Impatient Opinions: SE Satio
MikLSP
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-09 02:44
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi all, I've started a new article series to offer a different take on product reviews. Rather than the usual in depth run through, I'm giving more direct thoughts and opinions on the things you experience as a normal user.

If you're thinking about buying a Satio, you might want to take a look through my Satio Opinions

Cheers,

Mik

se-nse-a-win;Sell Any Item;[url=http://A-ZoTT.com]A-ZoTT.com[/
number2
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-09 07:41
Well done Mik, nice and snappy, with just a touch of technical, have recently looked at Satio, and your review has put the final nail in that particular coffin. Thanks again.
MikLSP
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-09 12:45
Glad to be of assistance

lemmy31
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2009-11-09 14:01
"Web browsing is adequate but the lack of kinetic scrolling again becomes painful while added irritation is provided by the fact that the device cannot automatically switch between network coverage and WiFi. One or the other is exclusively selected and if you want to save entering more menus the only option is to have “Always Ask” activated so that you must choose the connection accessible to you when starting browsing".

Hi Mik, while i generally agree with most of your points the above statement is not strictly true. If you had set your connection preferences in the "Internet" destination and then selected it as default connection, when you started browsing it would try to connect via each one in turn. I have my home wifi set first and then Orange web next, when i browse the web it just connects automatically depending on which is available. This is a simialr setup to the solution used in the latter UIQ devices. I also have an HTC Hero and i miss this function on that device.

Regards Craig
[ This Message was edited by: lemmy31 on 2009-11-09 13:54 ]
MikLSP
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-09 15:05
Thanks, I didn't know it would try to do that, it didn't seem to manage to attach to any network after WiFi was out of range using "Internet". Hence I actually thought the Internet option was simply the way to choose your WiFi connection. Either way it's not exactly intuitive.

What do you miss from the Hero? For me Android simply uses whatever known WiFi is available or reverts to network coverage automatically if there is none, all without the need for choosing any particular settings to enable such behaviour
[ This Message was edited by: MikLSP on 2009-11-09 14:06 ]

lemmy31
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2009-11-09 15:51
Thanks for that Mik, my HTC Hero seems to use my 3g connection by default, unless i select Wi-Fi before starting a browsing session. Im at work at present using my n97 mini but ill check again when i get home and can use the HTC. If i have been doing something wrong and it will search a for Wi-Fi network first that would make Android complete for me.
Thanks again

Regards Craig
MikLSP
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-09 17:24
Yeah it certainly should do, my Magic does as I mentioned. It also notifies of other WiFi networks which are available but I'm not connected to e.g. in public places.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi