Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 868788 ... 655656657  Next
Author Sony Ericsson X10 Official Thread
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-12-07 12:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
No, sorry, it's not all HTC's got, nor was it ever likely to be.

HTC's next-gen Android flagship phone to debut Feb 2010 - http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/12/07/htc_hero_2_mwc/

The Reg are saying this is the Hero 2 which may or may not ALSO be based on the 1Ghz Snapdragon. Of course for all we know this is actually the "Bravo" and the XDA link to an April release is just duff/out of date info.

These are very competitive Android waters that SE is about to leap into - don't imagine for a moment that they have much of a lead on anyone, just because they've made a big deal of announcing their product early.
[ This Message was edited by: Boinng on 2009-12-07 12:10 ]
MyP910
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2009-12-07 13:24
what happened to HTC ? I thought they are able to release the phone much earlier ?... hmmm SE has done a good job to release the phone by February.
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-12-07 13:42

On 2009-12-07 13:24:32, MyP910 wrote:
what happened to HTC ? I thought they are able to release the phone much earlier ?... hmmm SE has done a good job to release the phone by February.

I hate to break this to you, but SE haven't released anything yet. Meanwhile, HTC already have competing Android products on the market, and will be releasing another either in or soon after February themselves.
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-12-07 14:10
Sorry for breaking this to you, but the X10 is coming to stores this february and before the Bravo is even launched.And it will obviously be better in the imaging department given HTCs past history of hardware faults and pathetic algorithms.
MyP910
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2009-12-07 14:24

On 2009-12-07 13:42:48, Boinng wrote:

On 2009-12-07 13:24:32, MyP910 wrote:

I hate to break this to you, but SE haven't released anything yet. Meanwhile, HTC already have competing Android products on the market, and will be releasing another either in or soon after February themselves.

HTC already have snapdragon phone on the market ?
Caspa
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2009-12-07 14:37
Until released both are just announcements... Well, the HTC is actually a leak - which will probably release right after announement... But both are NOT RELEASED YET...

Theres no point in saying this is better than that and this will be released then etc... Until it happens its pure speculation as we all know (or should know) how often release dates in the mobile world slip...

Personally I am more interested in the HTC Bravo... HTC may not be the best when it comes to imaging etc but what they have got in HTC Sense is truely amazing and like Boing says, its here right now, on the market with people buying... And has been since about June/July this year, so that means it already has a following, people are talking about it right now and experiencing it right now... and its likely that consumers (who have heard about and maybe played with a friends Hero) will be getting nearer an upgrade or renewal when the Bravo and the Hero update is actually released...

Considering that the Hero wont even be a year old when it has a couple of new models along side it is pretty good to be honest... If you look at the info over at XDA's, you'll see that there are a coule upgrades to the Hero - one being a direct upgrade even in looks (with 600mhz processor) and the other is the Bravo...

I really want the X10 to be a success, but you cannot deny the competition... I have to get a new business line in January, what will I be getting? ... I want an Android handset so its gonna be a HTC Hero as its available and by that time may already have the 2.1 upgrade!!! (if I could wait I would wait for the Bravo - this is because of HTC Sense which seems to be a better and more complete proposition when compared to Time/Mediascape)...

SE really need to deliver on the X10, they are now entering a very competitive Android market... I have no doubt that 2010 is the year for Android, but which manufacturers will make the most of it?
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-12-07 14:45
There is no UI in the market which can compare with the timescape/mediascape. Imagine having everything related to a person at the flick of your finger,smses, facebook statuses, tweets and it ha automatic face recognition which recognizes the person in the pic and puts him in his detail list. there are million other things you can do here which makes the timescape a worthwhile experience and not to mention the live updates on networking changes. The mediascape works seamlessly with your online and phone albums and displays them on the same page. Same with youtube. Now whats revolutionary in the sense?
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-12-07 14:54

On 2009-12-07 14:45:55, se_dude wrote:
There is no UI in the market which can compare with the timescape/mediascape.

(a) Timescape/mediascape aren't in the market either - these products don't exist yet.
(b) You're trying to evangelise over a UI that you've only seen pictures off, while drawing comparisons to a load of other working UIs that you clearly haven't used either.

se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-12-07 15:02
If you are so naive that you cant understand anything from the million videos out there, I have nothing much to say.And i have used the hero, in fact, my Uncle owns one of the largest Mobile stores in our city and thus I have access to any mobile in the market.So dont generalize your awkwardness with everyone. The sense has a nice background, but nothing that revolutionizes how people interact. The hero was successful because it did not have competition. Now that its on the verge of having some, we will see.

And btw dont contradict yourself. Since it is not on the market yet, you should not talk(rather crap) about it either.
synn
M600 white
PM
Posted: 2009-12-07 15:03

On 2009-12-07 11:46:32, Boinng wrote:

Probably about the time the X10 will actually be in shops then. Even if you take "February" for real, for SE that's going to mean end of Feb when some very limited early stock will begin to filter out, which is only one month ahead of the start of April..

Remember, HTC announce and release like that, from press release to volume numbers within a few weeks, not with six months of previews like SE.

http://gizmodo.com/5420423/ht[....]droid-20-phone-passion-delayed

lolol
Caspa
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2009-12-07 15:04
Sense also has similar features to Timescape... You can see all the email, messages, facebook, twitter and call details from an individual contact from one place...

I'm not saying its the same, I'm just saying that there is something comparable...

What I was referring to was the fact that Sense is a whole UI which gives you a massive amount of customisation, whereas Time/Mediascape are just programs...
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-12-07 15:07

On 2009-12-07 15:03:16, synn wrote:
http://gizmodo.com/5420423/ht[....]droid-20-phone-passion-delayed

lolol

And from that same article:

Even with the Passion's disappointing delay, it looks like HTC is still owning the Android space

Gizmodo don't seem to think the X10 is even worthy of a mention. Lolol indeed.
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-12-07 15:08
Well, the SE has a few nice touches of its own too. the sense looks good, no doubt about that, but comparing it to the SE UI which hasnt shown itself much yet is pretty premature.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2009-12-07 15:09
Wouldnt it be better to just keep quiet about the UI right up until the phone is released? and not have another hype killer like X1.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
take5
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2009-12-07 15:11
@ Gucci: No, there's to much time to spend till it we finally will be able to hold it in aour hands..

After the initial excitement about timescape and seeing more videos on the interface, I doubt about the day-to-day practicability of it. Like looking at your incoming e-mails, this swiping system doesn't seem clearly laid out (if that's the correct term in English..).i.e. it's much of eye candy but on the cost of functionality.
Sure, I have to test it in my own hand first, and I would LOVE to , but I think it will be a concern nevertheless..
[ This Message was edited by: take5 on 2009-12-07 14:14 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 868788 ... 655656657  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic