Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Rumors of new T68i software which supports JAVA

Author Rumors of new T68i software which supports JAVA
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-01-27 10:32
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I've heard a number of rumors regarding a possible JAVA upgrade to T68i's.
Now, i tried a little research and here is what the big names in my country said:

Optus: First off is Optus (a major telco), I walked in to the shop and inquired about a T68i ( I have a T68 upgraded, but I regularely walk into these shops and ask questions i already know the answers to, just to shit them off and catch them out). Well the chick (quite hot) at the counter looked at me and said
CHICK :"Yes, definately the T68i DOES have built in JAVA"
ME: "Bullsh*t, it doesn't, you don't know what your talking about"
CHICK :"It DOES, I'm not lying!"
ME I spun some technical jargon to look smart) "...you see, it doesn't"
ME :"Look as far as I'm concerned, there isn't any T68i with JAVA officially, and what im really after is this: (I spoke slowly so she got it all in) "When the unsuspecting consumer purchases a T68 there is an offer to upgrade for free to a T68i, right..." -i was cut off
CHICK :"YOU CAN'T DO THAT! THAT DOESN'T WORK!!"
ME :" Yes it does, now i've heard rumors of another possible upgrade to enable JAVA support. Is this true or not?"
CHICK :"No, but i have never even heard of the upgrade to T68i, I you can give me supporting evidence I then can probably help you."
I then left laughing inside at her stupidity.

Fone Zone: I went next door (litteraly) This is a shop that sells mobiles connected to any network you wish, now the staff in this shop know me by face and start wondering when am i ever gonna pull out some cash and buy something.
GUY: "You again, what now?"
ME :"Yet another request, you know the chick next door, well she is falsely claiming that T68i's come with built in JAVA support, what do you reakon about this?"
The guy then got on the fone to someone and said "No, there isnt any possiblity of it happening, my mate at Ericsson R & D say its not true"
ME :" OK cool, see you around, oh can you order me a bluetooth headset"

Testra: This is the BIG major telco company in Australia (they really hate me, I had an out of court settlement - i tried to sue them for selling me 4 faulty mobiles (Sagems are totally shit))
After waiting for 15 minutes and after helping some old duck avoid buying a Nokia and buying a T300, this old guy came up and asked :
ME :" Blah Blah Blah, JAVA , Blah Blah OPtus are fools, Blah Blah?"
Old Fogey: "Ha silly wanks, that doesnt sound true. (he didnt know about the t68i upgrade either!)
ME :"Can i have a look at a manual please"
Of course a T68i doesnt show anything to do with JAVA, there isn't a 'J' in the Index.
We then debated about whether his 6615 (i thinik thats what it is) was better than my t68i, i won by using the camera.

I hope you liked this, it all happened one day when i was dragged to the Mall by mother (darn her) but she had money and i was in for some.

If you can help me with this predictament regarding JAVA support, i would love to hear from you, oh i also rang Ericsson and they confirmed my doubts.
Is this a dream or a memory?
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2003-02-03 23:56
my understanding is that the t68 doesn't have the hardware support (at least not without removing a few other features to free up memory space). but aside from that, on a purely business level, SE aren't going to be adding any significant new features to this phone. it's at the end of market life, and a replacement (with java) is just around the corner...
callum
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-04-15 16:04
se made the first java prototype phone on the t68i and the t300 is basicly the same as the t68i which means that the t68i hardware (lol "hard") can support it!
K750i kicks ass! (i'm bones and the fisting machine)

"i remember that for 100 years we have fought these.....*machines*"
"the machines are tunneling to avoid our defence systems" lol
lightboy
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-04-25 00:11
It would not be in SE's interest to upgrade the T68's to be enabled with Java. Think of the cost. SE want you to go for the T610 - makes perfect business sense.
Try not to block with your face when I am beating you Mr. Nokia ;o)
Magpakailan-MAN
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-04-25 01:02
Ey anybody heard of t68 upgrade whch deals with color resolution upgrade?

This message was posted from a T68i

Dj Boyi
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2003-04-25 01:29
lol :-D 4 f**ks sake,buy a t610!!! Everything the t68i is,plus ur dreams!

This message was posted from a T68i

MeSang
T300
PM
Posted: 2003-05-04 23:49
So it has a pretty girl build in?
Dj Boyi
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2003-05-05 00:07