Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > will my tocco lite come with the "social bar"

12  Next
Author will my tocco lite come with the "social bar"
phonecrzy
Vivaz Ruby
PM
Posted: 2009-10-26 20:50
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
ok so my friend has just brought a samsung tocco lite black on o2 at the carphone warehouse for £89 + £10 topup, so anyway when he goes onto his menu there are 2 tabs at the top, the first one is the menu itself with music player, camera, settings and alike, where the other tab is links to places like facebook, myspace, youtube, flickr and alike.

after looking at his phone i badly want one because i want a affordable touch screen phone because my k660i isent doing as good as it used to and i've got £90 to spare.

i want it on tesco mobile because of the unlimited browsing 7 day pass
http://www.tesco.com/mobilenetwork/shoplanding.aspx?page=97

now heres the problem, seeing unboxings of tocco lites allot of the menus dont have the tab with all the facebook, youtube, flickr stuff, so if i buy the tocco lite from tesco mobile, will it have an "social bar" as i like to call it.

when my friend brought it, they gave him a sim free tocco lite and then gave him a random o2 sim with no top up card and it had absolutley no o2 branding at all, and when he put the sim in and turned it on the tocco lite asked him if he had o2 prepay, o2 post pay or tesco mobile.

So im thinking if buying it from tesco mobile wont have a social bar, why dont i buy an o2 tocco lite from cpw, dump the o2 sim and stick my tesco mobile sim in there.

is it wise to buy it on o2 unlocked from cpw and stick and tesco sim, i mean if i buy it directly from tesco it comes with £20 topup, if i buy it from cpw and stick a sim in, it will only come with the £10 free topup every new tesco sim only brought comes with.

please help me, should i buy it on o2 at cpw and stick a tesco sim or buy it direct from tesco (thats if the tesco one comes with a social bar)

ok i think im not making sence anymore, so plz help me

thank you all
Age is just a number.. Being 13 makes me no dumber than a wise old man
streetgang
C905 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-10-26 20:59
The one from CPW will be sim free, whatever network you buy it on only determines the sim card you get with it, i got one last month for my lads birthday and its got the bar on the left hand side of the main screen, dont know what tesco versions will be like or wether they are branded at all.

http://pbrstreetgangsrandomstuff.blogspot.com/

streetgang (+24, -0)
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-10-26 21:42
All versions have the bar on the left its widgets. My brother has one although later versions of this phone have 3 sets of extra menus from CPWH older versions just have the 12 menu icons.
Phone?? What phone??
phonecrzy
Vivaz Ruby
PM
Posted: 2009-10-27 00:13

On 2009-10-26 21:42:00, Bonovox wrote:
All versions have the bar on the left its widgets. My brother has one although later versions of this phone have 3 sets of extra menus from CPWH older versions just have the 12 menu icons.

so basically if i buy a new one, it will come with the "social bar", but if i buy a older model (you know used, referbished models) it wont.
phonecrzy
Vivaz Ruby
PM
Posted: 2009-10-27 00:18

On 2009-10-26 20:59:15, streetgang wrote:
The one from CPW will be sim free, whatever network you buy it on only determines the sim card you get with it, i got one last month for my lads birthday and its got the bar on the left hand side of the main screen, dont know what tesco versions will be like or wether they are branded at all.

i've heard that all tesco phones come completey branded free, but still is locked to telefonia networks only (only o2, older o2 sims like bt cellnet and tesco)

should i really go 4 tesco, i mean if i say to my sister, my friends that tesco has great deals, they have never tried tesco yet refuse to join it because they all say "its crap"

is tesco a bad network, should i really get tesco? because i am right now a t-mobile k660i user and i think £4.50 a week is too much for £10 a month top up, orange have the same deal.

3 i like because of the free windows live and skype but i dont know the price of just surfing, but when it comes to 3 they all say the same comments as they say to tesco... "its crap"

i am really confused and dont know if i should stay with t-mobile/orange or go to tesco.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-10-27 00:38
Tesco are very good value and run on the O2 network so yes they are good. They were rated for good customer service a few times. Anyway i still dont quite know what you mean by the social bar? What do you mean? Do you mean the extra set of menus or the widgets? I am confused the way you explain it. By the way the Tocco Lite wont work on 3UK its not a 3G phone. As far as what other people say regarding saying network is crap. Just try for yourself see what you think by buying a cheap sim check coverage in your area. Just because a few people say something is crap does not mean it actually is. Alot of people on here may not like Orange but i love Orange never have a problem with them. Whatever network makes you happy then stay with them. Before you transfer your number just try a sim top it up £5 to test it see if its any good before you change. The Samsung Tocco Lite i will say it might be down to software upgrade with the extra menus.

Money is exactly like sex, you think of nothing if you don't have it, and think of everything else if you do!![ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2009-10-26 23:45 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2009-10-26 23:46 ]
phonecrzy
Vivaz Ruby
PM
Posted: 2009-10-27 15:03

On 2009-10-27 00:38:00, Bonovox wrote:
Tesco are very good value and run on the O2 network so yes they are good. They were rated for good customer service a few times. Anyway i still dont quite know what you mean by the social bar? What do you mean? Do you mean the extra set of menus or the widgets? I am confused the way you explain it. By the way the Tocco Lite wont work on 3UK its not a 3G phone. As far as what other people say regarding saying network is crap. Just try for yourself see what you think by buying a cheap sim check coverage in your area. Just because a few people say something is crap does not mean it actually is. Alot of people on here may not like Orange but i love Orange never have a problem with them. Whatever network makes you happy then stay with them. Before you transfer your number just try a sim top it up £5 to test it see if its any good before you change. The Samsung Tocco Lite i will say it might be down to software upgrade with the extra menus.

i think i will go on orange, orange Wednesdays sounds really good, but i really want a network for the price of the internet browsing

so now i am stuck between tesco and orange.

i am confused with the tabs on the menu, some menus have no tabs, some have 2, some even have 3! i really dont know

here are some pictures i managed to find off the internet

This is tocco lite with 1 tab:

i cound not find a picture with 2 tabs so i did one in photoshop (i know im crap at photoshop lol)

and i have never seen one with 3 tabs.

i know this is not much detail but its basicly

when you turn on a tocco lite and go to the third option which is menu, you get the menu obviousley, then there are 2 tabs, one for things like camera, messages, browser, music player, myfiles and so forth, and the other tab has things like facebook and myspace links with little icons like the ones below

-Ketan
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-10-27 15:23
Oh i see. Its simple. In settings go to display settings and select Widgets. Then you can choose how many or which Widgets you want on the side bar. Thats probably why some dont show certain ones is cos of what settings they have in the Widget bar. Just dont buy the phone from Orange themselves they have not completely ruined it with branding but the Widgets are their own design and the network bar cant be moved unlike the sim free one.
Phone?? What phone??
phonecrzy
Vivaz Ruby
PM
Posted: 2009-10-27 15:40

On 2009-10-27 15:23:00, Bonovox wrote:
Oh i see. Its simple. In settings go to display settings and select Widgets. Then you can choose how many or which Widgets you want on the side bar. Thats probably why some dont show certain ones is cos of what settings they have in the Widget bar. Just dont buy the phone from Orange themselves they have not completely ruined it with branding but the Widgets are their own design and the network bar cant be moved unlike the sim free one.

update: cant buy it from tesco, going to high street north (east ham) today, should i buy it from carphonewarehouse?
phonecrzy
Vivaz Ruby
PM
Posted: 2009-10-27 15:49
plz reply i dont have long, should i buy it on o2, orange, vodafone, t-mobile, talk mobile or virgin (from the cpw)
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-10-27 16:04
Carphone as its sim free & £79
Phone?? What phone??
phonecrzy
Vivaz Ruby
PM
Posted: 2009-10-27 16:07

On 2009-10-27 16:04:18, Bonovox wrote:
Carphone as its sim free & £79

yes but which network?

UPDATE:

OMG this website says internet on virgin mobile only costs 30p a day!
http://www.virginmobile.com/v[....]mail.and.internet.howdoi.sm100 - lol its only 1p more than the 7 day tesco pass!!!
[ This Message was edited by: phonecrzy on 2009-10-27 15:30 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-10-27 16:42
Oh also on Virgin if you top up £20 per month you get unlimited internet and text
Phone?? What phone??
phonecrzy
Vivaz Ruby
PM
Posted: 2009-10-27 17:56

On 2009-10-27 16:42:00, Bonovox wrote:
Oh also on Virgin if you top up £20 per month you get unlimited internet and text

great deal but is coverage good on virgin and can i "keep my old number" using a pac code, i still think i should stick with tesco though because it comes with free £20 top up with ur first handset and has very cheap calls and texts and internet with the great coverage o2 users get, its like a cheaper o2 sim.

now i only have 1 problem
virgin mobile or tesco mobile?
i heard all tesco phones come sim free just there locked thats all and virgin mobile wont have branding because if im buying it on virgin then it would be from cpw.
phonecrzy
Vivaz Ruby
PM
Posted: 2009-10-27 18:00
update: the social bar is really called the communications tab.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi