Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Debranding Satio

Author Debranding Satio
SPANINC
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-12-11 02:11
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Your comments are truly sinical considering I replied from my paypal email, and also activated my account which is proof enough. I presented proper ID and offered an explanation why it is I have a "verified" paypal account. You kept insisting I send you proof of my American ID or threatend not to activate my account. You have acted on your threats my account has not been activated my legitimate paypal account had not been refunded. Simply because only Americans can have paypal accounts! pure and simple bigotry.
Had you been in he US I would have certainly reported this to proper authorities....what a mess for 9 Meeger Euros honestly payed to you from my account.
kinky-chinky
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2009-12-11 09:30
I have used Davinci to unlock and now debrand my T-Mobile UK without any issues. I used a PayPal account to purchase credits without the issues the above poster has experienced.

Hard to say if there are any benefits as I probably don't use the phone for other things than as a phone and camera. Transitions seems smoother, but that's all I can tell at the mo.

I congratulate Davinci for being the first to offer debrand service. Many have been waiting for a long time for this.

I just wish they could sort out some other issues I have with some older SE phones I've been trying to unlock.

k-c
[ This Message was edited by: kinky-chinky on 2009-12-11 08:39 ]
ChrisDVT
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-12-11 14:25

On 2009-12-11 02:11:00, SPANINC wrote:
Your comments are truly sinical considering I replied from my paypal email, and also activated my account which is proof enough. I presented proper ID and offered an explanation why it is I have a "verified" paypal account. You kept insisting I send you proof of my American ID or threatend not to activate my account. You have acted on your threats my account has not been activated my legitimate paypal account had not been refunded. Simply because only Americans can have paypal accounts! pure and simple bigotry.

Had you been in he US I would have certainly reported this to proper authorities....what a mess for 9 Meeger Euros honestly payed to you from my account.

Bigotry? Again, no one thinks only Americans can have PayPal accounts, PayPal operates in 100+ countries and, in case you missed it last time, we are a European company and I am Canadian. The vast majority of our customers are located outside of the United States and hail from all over the world (I work daily with people spread as far and wide as Asia, Europe, Africa, North America and Oceania - and all of them pay via PayPal). Given your confusion and my inability to explain our identification policy to you (one last try: you and your PayPal account are in different countries, that's all!) I have issued a full refund; I wish you luck in the future but I think it best that we part ways at this point before you become any more upset. Good luck with your phone and everything else!

PS: One major point that needs to be made here: you mention above that you contacted us from your PayPal email address and, while this would still not have fulfilled what I was asking of you, it needs to be pointed out that what you claim is not the truth. Your blocked account was registered under a hotmail.com address and you made contact with us only from an entelnet.net address. Again, this is not necessarily crucial, but I think it speaks to what is really going on here.

Regardless, cheers!

@ kinkychinky

My apologies for giving you only a small blurb under all of that but thanks for your feedback! Given the ugly nature of this thread and the fact that you took the time to respond regardless, DavinciTeam would like to show our appreciation of your service and honesty with a free flash or unlock, your choice. Give me a shout at chris@davinciteam.com to claim the credits
kinky-chinky
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2009-12-11 14:58
Thanks ChrisDVT, but credit where credit is due for generally a very good service.

I'm sent you an e-mail, not requesting the free credits but for further support on the failed flashes of the older SE phones I mentioned.

Keep up the good work ChrisDVT. It's nice to see you monitioring these forums.

k-c
[ This Message was edited by: kinky-chinky on 2009-12-11 14:12 ]
SPANINC
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-12-11 15:27
We agreed on me sending my copy of my Visa and after that you pull more funny stuff. Your request for proof of ID where met! of course they were not American.... my fault I guess. What can I say shheesh!
kish
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-12-11 16:11

I flashed the telephone and it would not reboot. I then used seus and it updated with generic software. I could not decide which firmware version to use. With the p1i it was simple to just chose world generic. I then decided to flash with Adriatic generic and it worked fine. Thanks to the team for a great job. Finally I feel that I own my telephone. Now to look for any other flashing tweaks.
AndyD777
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-11 22:24
I flashed my Satio a few days ago using DaVinci Team software and i had no problems at all. All in all a very smooth progress i must say.

One thing that i have noticed straight away its the snappness of the phone now, with the old Vodafone branding even though the lastest update made the phone a bit more responsive its nothing like it is at the moment.

Well done guys
SilveR.
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-12 01:17
Going to flash my satio soon, need chines Language suport.. but which firmware has simple chines support?
---------------------
Phoner
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-12 02:10
Question to Davinci team before I decide to use your services - If I use your service to flash other language in my Satio, will I be able to use SEUS in the future and keep my changed languages (SEUS just updating the changed firmware) or not to loose them I have to use davinci client instead (everytime there is an update)? Is the debranding permanent or SEUS will force the original region firmware everytime when updating using it?

Thank you and congratulations on being the first to offer this wonderful opportunity for people to use their Satio as the manufacturer originally meant it to be used without restrictive or ugly opperator customizations. In my case I am interested if it will help me to get the desired languages on the phone.
[ This Message was edited by: Phoner on 2009-12-12 01:13 ]
gharknes1
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-12 06:07
for english UK which software do i use to debrand ?

ooops silly me custom uk black............sorted
[ This Message was edited by: gharknes1 on 2009-12-12 05:39 ]
kinky-chinky
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2009-12-12 09:31

On 2009-12-12 02:10:36, Phoner wrote:
Question to Davinci team before I decide to use your services - If I use your service to flash other language in my Satio, will I be able to use SEUS in the future and keep my changed languages (SEUS just updating the changed firmware) or not to loose them I have to use davinci client instead (everytime there is an update)? Is the debranding permanent or SEUS will force the original region firmware everytime when updating using it?

Thank you and congratulations on being the first to offer this wonderful opportunity for people to use their Satio as the manufacturer originally meant it to be used without restrictive or ugly opperator customizations. In my case I am interested if it will help me to get the desired languages on the phone.
[ This Message was edited by: Phoner on 2009-12-12 01:13 ]

I believe SEUS will keep what ever region you flashed the phone to when using Davinci. That's the case with my older SE phone that I have flashed using Davinci.

Hopefully ChrisDVT can confirm this.

k-c
Phoner
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-12 14:09
That would be really good, but I need a firm confirmation from Davinci before making a decision to flash the phone.
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-12 14:14

On 2009-12-12 14:09:17, Phoner wrote:
That would be really good, but I need a firm confirmation from Davinci before making a decision to flash the phone.

when updating via SEUS everything will remain the same. Davinci changes the CDA and SEUS flashes the phone according to that CDA. have used davinci numerous times. nothing to worry bout
gharknes1
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-12 19:20
i did mine and it workeed a treat, no problems at all, vodafone branding gone
harvy2001
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-13 20:10
guys im in the process of doing the davinci flash which firmware do i pick LOL!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic