Forum > General discussions > Product reviews > A Nokia 5530 review

12  Next
Author A Nokia 5530 review
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-09-11 00:46
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Having yesterday purchased from CPW a Nokia 5530 i can say alot positive about it. My first Nokia smartphone in years and i am amazed at how easy this phone is to use. Symbian touch interface has really improved its fast user friendly and the touch screen very responsive. So far its been very reliable. The screen is beautifully bright and very sharp making pictures and videos look amazing. The 3.2 mega pixel camera is not bad at all and pics look great on screen. Videos are of good quality for the price and filmed in full widescreen though they are hugely compressed. Music player has very good sound and browsing files is not slow. I found using my fingers to sweep quickly through pics videos or music is extremely brisk. Build quality is good except battery cover which is flimsy. Battery life is very good for a Nokia smartphone with a large touch screen. I can honestly say i am pleasently surprised with this handset everything is so fast and responsive reliable and of decent quality for the price of 129. I now have this and my w705. The only thing that went wrong was my charger that came in the box blew its fuse it was a dud one and it tripped all the electrics in the house. Had a spare one and its fine now. I cant comment on Wi Fi as i have not had time to try but its nice having such a feature in a low price phone. Internet browsing is also very swift despite no 3G. I also cannot post any pics but all in all a fantastic mobile.

Sorry its not much of a review i am not so good at reviews. But i just wanted to comment on how good i think Nokia have done with improving their touch screen smartphones. I can say i am impressed indeed.

Rock 'n' Roll Will Live Forever[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2009-09-10 23:50 ][ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2009-09-10 23:52 ][ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2009-09-10 23:57 ]
[ This Message was edited by: laffen on 2009-09-11 02:21 ]
c_vignesh
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-09-11 06:27
This is the phone i am interested in getting too ..... how are the basic phone features ??
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-09-11 11:58
Basic phone features are great. I felt totally at ease using it right out of the box. Dont know why people say Symbian touch screen is hard its not at all. Honestly its a lovely phone and in nearly 3 days it has not crashed yet either. The screen is stunning. I have no problem getting to grips with anything. The stereo speakers sound great too even with video recording it picks up sounds very loud and clear. I say well done Nokia for producing quality at a good price which at the same time is far better for the the price than Samsung Star or LG Cookie. Buy it.

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2009-09-11 11:01 ]
brys182
Xperia Mini Pro White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-09-11 12:33
as i reviewed the specs, it's great, one thing disappoint me but not totally is the absence of 3g,
nokia is improving now i think, affordable price and worth for your money specs.
just like my 3600slide, it also rocks..but lack of 3g.
i rate this phone 8/10.

@bonovox,,
how the battery life of this fone? any comment?
Don't be so quick to judge me, you only see what I choose to show you.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-09-11 13:14
Having it only 3 days so far i have only charged it once. Its very good under average use. The internet is surprisingly zippy considering i am not picking up Edge on Orange pages load fast using Opera or in built browser. Only thing i hate is the wobbly battery cover but its only slight at the bottom. I stick tiny bit of blue tack under it which keeps it steady. Signal is very solid on networks too. When someone calls or texts its loud. I just love the screen and you can not see any pixels its so sharp. No matter how poor camera might be pics still look amazing on it though camera and video are very decent. Texting its fast and easy although strangely Nokia have not put any smiley faces for text in. Why i never know.
Nokia i am finding lately are becoming yes better value but they had to because of competition. Also i am finding their phone more reliable than ever. My brother has a 3600 slide its a nice phone bit basic but does the job.

Rock 'n' Roll Will Live Forever[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2009-09-11 12:17 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2009-09-11 12:20 ]
brys182
Xperia Mini Pro White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-09-11 13:40
as what you've said, nokia is improving, also i observed that the battery life of there new release fone is doing good.
i think they have to focus more on quality to satisfy their consumers, price is good.

any comment about the housing/cover? is it the same with 5800?

Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-09-11 14:52
No problems with the housing its built well except wobbly battery cover. It has a nice feel to it looks and feels smart when in the hand. Only part thats annoying is sim card that goes in the side. You still gotta take the battey off to get it in or out so bit of a dumb one there.
Phone?? What phone??
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2009-09-11 15:05
There never was a problem with Symbian S60v5, people just complained cause they expected an iPhone type experience, but didnt get all the glits and gloss. Its a fantastic UI, VERY easy to get used and easy to use.
Congrats on your 5530xm Bono
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-09-11 15:34
Yeah cheers it is very good and the screen is very sensitive even with fingers. A stylus is provided which sits in the bottom of the phone. I would say its surprisingly fluid. There are one or two bits which are annoying in the interface like the over sensitive auto rotate and some things are not self explanatory but mostly its simple. The camera has many features too. This will be my last phone for a few months. Lol famous last words though i got this and my w705.

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2009-09-11 14:36 ]
brys182
Xperia Mini Pro White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-09-12 03:32
3 cheers...

had you compare the camera quality of this fone to your brother's 3600s,
i think they have the same mp with this fone. Have you tried taking a video on dark side or at night?

Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-09-12 12:40
Yeah whilst camera quality is similar i think this one has the edge. It has far more camera options and settings to play with and pics do look quite good for such a camera. Its also fast too. Pics look amazing on screen. Video now though it is vga @30fps they do look good on screen and sound good but viewed on a pc you can see they have been compressed resulting in digital blocking and noise. Though for the price its still far better than most. Using the video light does not do much except with close faces.
Phone?? What phone??
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-09-12 19:31
I tell you also the radio is so cool. All the text scrolls across the screen in a funky fashion and looks so cool. Nice little touches. Also the supplied headphones are very good.
Phone?? What phone??
brys182
Xperia Mini Pro White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-09-12 22:03
thanks bono

nokia is now evolving with this fone. There's no reason to hate Nokia with this new creation.
Nice famous last word bono.

Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-09-12 22:24
Yes indeed. So far its only crashed once but i was typing really fast and playing music at the same time and it turned and back on again. But only once and most smartphones crash sometimes. Hoping soon for firmware update. Does anyone know how often Nokia bring out updates.
Phone?? What phone??
Bheng18
C902 Red
PM
Posted: 2009-09-13 11:31
Could someone posts a pictuer of this fone?:D

Anyways,does this fone supported
by flash player?
What is the edge
of this fone on nokia 5800xm and nokia 5800 navigation?
Is it out here in the philippines?
I asked Jesus ...
"How much do you love
me?"
And Jesus said ...
"This much."
Then He stretched out His
arms
and died.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi