Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > The old Dome nightclub Birmingham becomes the O2 Academy

Previous  12
Author The old Dome nightclub Birmingham becomes the O2 Academy
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-09-18 22:50
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Yes Shane is back with them its great time at their gigs
Phone?? What phone??
COREYJON
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-08-25 16:38
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
The Best days of the 90s I remember my first time ever going to Birmingham at the young age of 21 back in 1991. Me and some mates would travel from Telford / Shropshire to Birmingham. Sometimes we would go on a Friday or Saturday. When we arrived we would start off having a few drinks in Bizzie Lizzies Bar on John Bright Street that was a great place and had a friendly atmosphere. I met my first real true love there Rachel Fox from Sutton Coldfield she was beautiful. Today i always still spare a thought for her.. Hope you are reading this
Anyway after making our way to the Dome 2 nightclub the ques sometimes could be huge, I think we only paid £5 to get in and sometimes with knowing some of the door staff give us discount tickets or you could use Dome membership discount cards to get in cheap......
Walking around the corner up the first few steps you would then be over looking a huge dance floor, above it was a giant white sphere surrounded with rings of lights that moved up and down with the loud music, lasers went off all over the place and two huge Olympic style statues overlooked the stage next to the DJ's pit. the music which just boomed. Some times pop stars would get up on stage and perform...
The atmosphere was unreal and for someones first time going there kind of overwhelming the shear size of the place. just wished i had of took more photos and maybe a video camera....
So sad to see that those days are gone and that the Dome 2 is no longer there including most of the nightclubs that once were in the city center are no longer.
Exile. Pulse, New Orleans, The Ritzy.... 90s were the best
Never will i forget the great times i had there with my mates Anthony, Robbie, Corey Jon and Mark. and the many women we met and friends that we made up in Birmingham.
Sadly my best friend died in 19 July 2005 aged just 30. I wrote this in memory to him the good times that we shared.......
Rip Paul Hanson..
If anyone has any past photos or videos to share please get in touch would be nice to reflect back over the good old days......
Article written 25/08/2013
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi