Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Official Sony Ericsson XPERIA X2 discussion

Previous  123 ... 678 ... 202122  Next
Author Official Sony Ericsson XPERIA X2 discussion
MWEB
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-09-04 19:06
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
If you stick two devices (or more) and get them to do a variety of things side by side, invariably some excel at certain tasks and perhaps lag in others, in isolation your simply unaware of it, all the Hero owners i know are delighted with nearly all aspects of that device
Speaking personally, i hate devices that lag in the camera dept myself, AF and buffer times annoy me
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-09-04 19:19
HTC have snapdragon phones on their roadmap for this year - this article actually suggests September - http://www.slashgear.com/htc-[....]-including-snapdragon-0436469/ - which wouldn't surprise me at all. Don't forget the X2 won't be out for at least a couple of months, whereas HTC have ahabit of announcing and releasing their phones within weeks or even days.

We can all sit around and tell ourselves that an older slower processor is just as good in the right phone, but the point is the majority of high-end users the X2 is targetting *do* expect the latest and greatest, rightly or wrongly - and snapdragon isn't just faster but a better platform all round.
Fredrix
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2009-09-04 19:20
Preview( swedish ):
http://tv.idg.se/2.8683/1.244390
MWEB
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-09-04 19:26
X2 will be out NEXT month, which is a massive improvement in so far as release times are concerned by them, i believe in giving credit where its due, and not being fixated on one aspect of a devices performance.
hgautam
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2009-09-04 21:17
This looks so awesome:

The keyboards is so VAIOish...
[ This Message was edited by: hgautam on 2009-09-04 20:17 ]
mreman4k
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-09-04 21:53
From the GSMArena

The camcorder interface copies the camera one. The XPERIA X2 is capable of capturing videos at WVGA (yes - 800x480 - you read it right) at 30 fps, but our unit had some problems with that part, so we could not provide you with a sample video. Still, that's probably the highest resolution video recording we've seen from a Windows Mobile smartphone (Samsung Omnia II records D1 resolution videos) and definitely a Sony Ericsson personal record.
alexlt
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2009-09-04 22:22
Yes

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_xperia_x2-review-392.php
Xperia Arc LT15a ->> Sandisk 32Gb MicroSD Class 4, Sennheiser CX400-II & MW600
C905 ->> Modded R1FA035 Firmware, 8GB M2, HPM-70 & MPS-75

Visit my blog http://laviedepaulo.blogspot.com/
KU
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-09-04 23:03
It really makes me believe many thing like seeing HD on it , rachael and Satio welcome back to the glory SE

I SE
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2009-09-05 04:32
The camera quality impressed me, now who would scream and deliberately enunciate that X2 uses Samsung sensor
-IMO, The colors and foliage reminds me of C905 algorithm, but it's the N-R which is done right that makes all the difference. which makes me believe SE engineers have calibrated Exmor sensor's imaging algorithm.

i wouldn't complain on the general performance of X2 if and only if it uses a faster graphics core like the Z430 other than the old 2300 used in all 7200a platforms. or if the GPU alone processed all those animations instead of just helping the CPU for 3D tasks.
10 years at Esato
Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-09-05 04:40
It is like what the X1 should have been.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2009-09-05 11:52
Does anyone have info as to who manufacturers this phone since we know it's obviously not HTC?

A certain company (forgot the name) was named as the manufacturer.

I'm asking this as the speed at which it was announced and the release date are suggesting something to me- that SE made a big boo boo going with HTC with the X1. Conflict of interests arose within HTC I feel. No wonder they released the Touch Pro before the X1. Could the cracked versions had anything to do with indifference on the part of HTC?

I know it reads like a conspiracy theory which may well be... or not!
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-09-05 12:40

On 2009-09-05 11:52:21, Dups! wrote:
Does anyone have info as to who manufacturers this phone since we know it's obviously not HTC?

A certain company (forgot the name) was named as the manufacturer.

I'm asking this as the speed at which it was announced and the release date are suggesting something to me- that SE made a big boo boo going with HTC with the X1. Conflict of interests arose within HTC I feel. No wonder they released the Touch Pro before the X1. Could the cracked versions had anything to do with indifference on the part of HTC?

I know it reads like a conspiracy theory which may well be... or not!

Well obviously,
if HTC cooperation would be successful, they would stay, right?

HTC probably screwed here and there. And IMO they're not
the best quality devices so it's actually a good move.
It will be made by Foxconn, which makes a lot,
also for Apple - and that's rather good quality.
a w a r e
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2009-09-05 12:54
Thanks, doministry!

Foxconn is what I was looking for. I agree that in terms of quality HTC aren't that good.

By the way, Expansys UK has this as a January release which really really gets to me.

Wish we could get confirmation from SE.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
londonlad123
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2009-09-05 14:41
Getting bored of the iPhone and wouldn't mind a device like this, it looks like a great phone. I miss having calendar and notes on the homescreen and running msn in the background and FM radio. Camera looks great too. Unfortunately, I don't trust SE to deliver. They spend too much time and effort on gimmick panels rather than on creating a smooth fluid interface and working on ease of use, like auto word correction etc and then charge large sums of money for it.

Hope I'm wrong but I think the xperience will be the same, fustrating
snoFlake
W800
PM
Posted: 2009-09-05 15:09
Errr are we reading the same review or have read to the end of it

GSM Arena summary:

Final words

The Sony Ericsson XPERIA X2 is surely one of the most rumored and eagerly awaited devices. It packs top notch functionality with a special incline towards imaging and video recording. That and the larger display and DivX/XviD video support are probably the biggest improvements over the previous XPERIA X1.

Well, truth be told, now that we've spent some time with the XPERIA X2, it's hard to stay as passionate about it as we started off. The nice imaging capabilities are not a sufficient excuse for the still relatively small display (3.5 inches would have been way better) and the unrefined Windows Mobile interface.

Competing Samsung and especially HTC have done some wonderful job covering the WinMo with a much more user friendly and nice looking UIs - and they've also come up some quite nice phone designs as well. Those are two things we can hardly say about the Sony Ericsson XEPRIA X2. Sony Ericsson are far behind with their Panels interface and their new Shortcuts menu.

The Sony Ericsson XPERIA X2 is hardly the ground breaking device that tech journalist like us and the user alike have been waiting for. And we hardly think that in a few months time when the X2 finally gets to the market, it will offer something new and exciting to entice you - unless of course you're after an extra expensive WinMo full QWERTY device with a nice camera.

And GSM Arena have cut phones a lot of slack in recent reviews IMO.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 678 ... 202122  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic