Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Official Sony Ericsson XPERIA X2 discussion

Previous  123 ... 567 ... 202122  Next
Author Official Sony Ericsson XPERIA X2 discussion
i-am-andrew
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-09-03 23:51
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I'd like to know if those notification LEDs pulse from side to side KnightRider stylee!
That would be pretty slick.

I also hope they are more visible from the front of the phone because on the X1 they're pretty much invisible unless you look from the side or they reflect off something.
i-am-andrew
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-09-04 00:43
Just my thoughts:
  • Prefer the look of the X2, that bit sleeker.
  • Better that the speakers are stereo and they seem to be at the ends of the phone, my hand always muffles the one on my X1.
  • Surprised they haven't improved on the X1 and added a camera flash, is this right?
  • Like the cursor keys but disappointed no dpad, why not have both? (and ditch the optical joystick, I've disabled it on my X1 but something keeps enabling it annoyingly)

Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-09-04 02:18
Well this is an incremetal upgrade - and rightfully so; even if the basic specs where there for quite some time.

Improved Keyboard ~ which was a love/hate amongst 50/50% of users ~ is a welcome site.
Use of a more advanced GUI layout is pretty but it highlights 1 thing while hiding another:
1 - highlights Open GL 1.0 (which is behind the curve with iPhone 3GS, Satio, and N900.
- going with Open GL 2.0 would be nice but I'm not blaming SE here, but Microsoft as its not supported natively.
2 - hides the AMOLED screens weakness in bright sunlight/light. Nokia severly had the same issue on N85.
flush screen surface is what should've been used on the X1 (HTC Diamond already shown its worth to millions).
Stereo Speakers, if as load as the W995 it'll be VERY welcomed. iPhone 3GS is anemic at best.
TV-Out again woul've been nice on X1 but with horrible video recording its wasn't missed by many (I sure did).
Global release here.
Xperia Service ... this is GREAT as the entire handset market has yet to catch on to this (only Vertu has this).
Hardware video acceleration is beneficial, quite possibly OpenGL 2.0 will be supported down the road with FW update?!!

All in all this IS a decent device. Considering Rachel can STILL be screwed with hardware; this X2 serves its targeted market VERY well. It'll sell well against the horrible designs of the competition. That HTC TouchPro2 hinge looks like it'll be annoying and weak down the 6mth ownership road; we'll see.

|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
kl25
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-09-04 05:43
sexy phone.....
timooz
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-09-04 13:43
Short preview in Italian
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1-FpgixkyY
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2009-09-04 14:04

On 2009-09-04 02:18:58, Prom1 wrote:
Well this is an incremetal upgrade - and rightfully so; even if the basic specs where there for quite some time.

Improved Keyboard ~ which was a love/hate amongst 50/50% of users ~ is a welcome site.
Use of a more advanced GUI layout is pretty but it highlights 1 thing while hiding another:
1 - highlights Open GL 1.0 (which is behind the curve with iPhone 3GS, Satio, and N900.
- going with Open GL 2.0 would be nice but I'm not blaming SE here, but Microsoft as its not supported natively.
2 - hides the AMOLED screens weakness in bright sunlight/light. Nokia severly had the same issue on N85.
flush screen surface is what should've been used on the X1 (HTC Diamond already shown its worth to millions).
Stereo Speakers, if as load as the W995 it'll be VERY welcomed. iPhone 3GS is anemic at best.
TV-Out again woul've been nice on X1 but with horrible video recording its wasn't missed by many (I sure did).
Global release here.
Xperia Service ... this is GREAT as the entire handset market has yet to catch on to this (only Vertu has this).
Hardware video acceleration is beneficial, quite possibly OpenGL 2.0 will be supported down the road with FW update?!!

All in all this IS a decent device. Considering Rachel can STILL be screwed with hardware; this X2 serves its targeted market VERY well. It'll sell well against the horrible designs of the competition. That HTC TouchPro2 hinge looks like it'll be annoying and weak down the 6mth ownership road; we'll see.

Sorry for bring the bad news but MSM 7200a CPU is using an old AMD graphics chipset and the first AMD chip that supported open GL ES v2 was the AMD Z430 which is used in snapdragon and is capable of rendering 22M Triangles/sec, MSM 7200a's graphics Chipset extends to only 4M T/sec which suggest that it's not using Z430 and was actually using a weaker one (imageon 2300 or something afaik). so in other words, forget about openGL v2.0 here, and that's where i would blame SE for not using snapdragon
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2009-09-04 13:06 ]
10 years at Esato
timooz
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-09-04 14:23
SE ruined this beauty by using that sh*t processor. It would have been my next phone
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-09-04 15:01
The Qualcomm 7200 was used in the HTC Tytn II a full year before the X1 even used it, and it was crappy even then - it's a poor, outdated processor and I suspect it's re-use in the X2 says more about SE's limited experience and resources when it comes to Windows Mobile hardware design (without the help of HTC) than anything else.

Anyone looking for a real "premium" Windows phone this year will be looking for a snapdragon processor; anyone just after a half decent WM workhorse will go a cheaper HTC device. The X2 is sat very awkwardly in the middle ground, as far as I can see - neither cheap nor impressive.
janke1
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2009-09-04 15:23
I think tis xperia2 is a large step forward.It have many emprovments ..
Processor what is it with that you dont gona by just because the processor are the same ,even if the averall function are good ?
I have a x1 and sometimes have the interface make me crazy but the power of music .movie. gps .bluethoot capabilites are very good,and with the x2 upgrades i think its gona be avery good phone.

sorry for my english

rizzamarv
Xperia Ray
PM
Posted: 2009-09-04 17:20
Which Winmo phones are on the market using a snapdragon(except TG01, waaaay to big und Fugly..)? Any coming this year? announced? Sorry if I seem like such a knob , but I am not sure which major phonemaker is currently selling phones with snapdragon which i could compare to the X2 (hardware, looks, support and functionality wise) when making my upcoming buy decision.....

All help appreciated, especially from those people constantly mentioning the snapdragon but not giving one example when and by who it is used in a superior device....

mreman4k
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-09-04 17:36
After watching a couple previews on Youtube. The X2 is a pretty good Windows Mobile phone. I feel like it's what the X1 should have been (ie. flush screen, stereo speakers, accelerometer).

I may end up selling my X1 for one maybe. Hopefully, some of the software on the X2 could be ported to the X1.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2009-09-04 17:58
Rizza
I was just thinking the same thing. AFAIK the HTCs eg. Touch Diamond, Touch Pro,Touch PRO2, Diamond2, Touch2 and all their Android devices use that Qualcomm MSM7200A, must say though i think they should have put something better in the Hero, it looks so laggy, especialy next to the ARM Cortex A8 based iPhone3GS and Palm PRE.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
MWEB
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-09-04 18:03

On 2009-09-04 17:58:05, GUCCI.011 wrote:
Rizza
I was just thinking the same thing. AFAIK the HTCs eg. Touch Diamond, Touch Pro,Touch PRO2, Diamond2, Touch2 and all their Android devices use that Qualcomm MSM7200A, must say though i think they should have put something better in the Hero, it looks so laggy, especialy next to the ARM Cortex A8 based iPhone3GS and Palm PRE.

Owned and used all but one of those, the difference in 99% of circumstances is unnoticeable, it's like a car, whacking in a big engine is not the be all and end all, MANY elements go in to making a decent device
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-09-04 18:21
Exactly. There's nothing on Snapdragon yet besides Toshiba which is not having any extra benefits just because of that..
Let's see how it works.
a w a r e
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2009-09-04 18:49
MWEB
I do agree, but im simply speaking from what i saw on Phonedog's review of those 3 side by side, they did mention that the Hero would get an update to improve the performance but it realy seemed like it was struggling in certain areas that required a lot of zooming in out, switching to landscape etc. . .next to the other 2.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 567 ... 202122  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic