Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Official Sony Ericsson XPERIA X2 discussion

Previous  123 ... 19 202122  Next
Author Official Sony Ericsson XPERIA X2 discussion
mathios
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2010-01-30 18:20
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

1. When connecting a bluetooth headset all sound goes to the headset earphones - the phone is completely silent when these are connected which is not good when you have the earphones around your neck - i miss a lot of calls...
2.It is not possible to lock the phone when in a call - the lock screen button is the same as hang up!!!

Is there any workarounds these "features" that worked with the X1?

1) to lock the phone press and keep pressed for 5 seconds the '' hang up button'' (there is a little key icon )
2) for the bluetooth problem,install a little program called '' JETware.Hands.Free.Extension.v1.31 ''
if you can't find it on the net p.m me and i will send it to you.

all the above solved the problems you describe om my x1. I can't guarantee that they will work with the x2 because I don't have the x2 yet (i've made a pre order but it's not available yet in greece) but give the above solutions a try. [addsig]
nirave
Xperia Arc Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-01-31 13:44
Been following this for a while now with interest.

Hoping to get my hands on my x2 in the next couple of days. Not happy it's not coming out in the UK but what can you do?

A few people have said to me (my insurance company said it - 2 people from the same company)... it's out on feb 1st in the UK which is weird.

Any truth in this does anyone know?
Follow on twitter: @nirave
Mobile Industry Journalist & Founder of UK Mobile Review and MEA Mobile Review
Follow on twitter [url=h
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-02-02 11:35
http://xperiancers.com/

SE officially announces X2 firmware plans.
Thats great...
a w a r e
Nhyrohale23
K618 black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-03 01:34
that's right ... SharePoint access along with updated Mobile Office on your WM smartphone this Q1, on this year 2010
cybel
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-02-03 08:49
Hi,
I've recently upgraded to X2 from my previous X1. I've been having a few problems when receiving SMS.

1. I like X1 whereby when I get a message, the screen lights up. Not sure if its my settings but this doesn't happen for my X2.

2. The SMS tone also only comes on for 2 - 3 seconds and then stops. It'll only come back if I do something to activate another sound file.

3. After receiving numerous SMS, the message tone will completely stop ringing when I get any further messages.

4. I've also noticed that unless I'm in the Text Menu, sometimes it doesn't pick up that I've received a new SMS.

Does anyone else have this issues with their X2?
[ This Message was edited by: cybel on 2010-02-03 07:53 ]
bob2k4
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-03 23:31

On 2010-02-03 08:49:09, cybel wrote:
Hi,
I've recently upgraded to X2 from my previous X1. I've been having a few problems when receiving SMS.

1. I like X1 whereby when I get a message, the screen lights up. Not sure if its my settings but this doesn't happen for my X2.

2. The SMS tone also only comes on for 2 - 3 seconds and then stops. It'll only come back if I do something to activate another sound file.

3. After receiving numerous SMS, the message tone will completely stop ringing when I get any further messages.

4. I've also noticed that unless I'm in the Text Menu, sometimes it doesn't pick up that I've received a new SMS.

Does anyone else have this issues with their X2?
[ This Message was edited by: cybel on 2010-02-03 07:53 ]

I'm afriad all of the above issues are common to X2 owners, we're all hoping they will be addressed in the MR1 firmware update due in March.
TimeKiller
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-04 19:32
I just bought my X2 - I couldn't resist it, despite I was thinking to wait 2-3 months before buying it... Will post a review after several days of usage...
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-02-05 00:19

On 2010-02-04 19:32:15, TimeKiller wrote:
I just bought my X2 - I couldn't resist it, despite I was thinking to wait 2-3 months before buying it... Will post a review after several days of usage...

PLease do!
I will get mine too, soon!
a w a r e
domipost
Hazel
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-02-05 00:35
Pretty frustrating that it's out in all pars of the world, but we would have to wait till april Not that I want the phone, but I at least wanna try it
Arne Anka
Sony Xperia P
PM
Posted: 2010-02-05 11:30
Source

Updated X2 gets radio and video call support

2010-02-05 07:57

Now Sony Ericsson reveals the time plan for X2 updates for the 4 comming months. New functions and enhanced usebility is promissed.

From the time Sony Ericsson started the sales of X1 and up to the launch of the successor X2 many have expected
Sony Ericsson to make it possible to update the software and hence make the phone better. When the updates failed to come buyers expressed their dissatisfaction, something the manufacturer now tries to avoid with X2.

”We’re not going to go there again” as Sony Ericsson in UK expresses it on a WEB site where the timeplan for two upcomming updates are shown.

In March will the first update (MR1) come. FM radio and video call support will then be added as new functions and faster GPS positioning is also promissed. It is also said that a number of other applications will become speedier as well. At same time WM will be upgraded to 6.5.2, a version said to be more stable then the current one 6.5.1.

In May MR2 will be released and the most important change then will be the more finger friendly version 6.5.3 of Microsoft's OS. Accrording to prehand information that has leaked out about 6.5.3, has the need to use the phone's
pen dramatically been reduced. In the current version one is more or less forced to use the pen from time to time to control the phone.

doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-02-05 12:48

On 2010-02-05 11:30:02, Arne Anka wrote:
Source

Updated X2 gets radio and video call support

2010-02-05 07:57

Now Sony Ericsson reveals the time plan for X2 updates for the 4 comming months. New functions and enhanced usebility is promissed.

Just see my post above.
[ This Message was edited by: doministry on 2010-02-05 11:52 ]
a w a r e
Arne Anka
Sony Xperia P
PM
Posted: 2010-02-05 12:56
Have seen it.
TimeKiller
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-06 15:17
As promissed - a short pre preview after 2 day of usage:
1) bought for 500 EUR SIM free from MTel Store in Sofia, Bulgaria
2) black ones are 50 EUR cheaper then modern silver !?! (nobody knows the reason)
3) was scared at the beginning - X2 and WM were too complicated for me. UI (besides panels) wasn't really intuitive and take me a lot of time until seting up everything according to my taste, however after I gote familiar with the phone/windows I started to like it
4) once you start to work with device you almost immediatelly forget how much MHz is his CPU etc (you know - we all complained - why not snapdragon...) It's actually GREAT piece of hardware ! My friend have HTC HD2 and it's actually "slower" - I guess WM is not yet optimized quite well for the newer processor...
5) it's still buggy - crashed twice for 2 days INTENSIVE usage I hope they will fix some bugs with the upcoming update
6) call reception is very nice and screen/display (despite resistive) is very responsive - NOTE that you need to allign the screen from Start\\settings\\display... in order to work flawlessly...

will write again after several days playing with it
victorh017
C905 Gold
PM
Posted: 2010-02-06 15:51
I really hope that they include an adjustable equalizer in any of those two updates. That's really a deal breaker for me!
CMDJ5 > T230 > T610 > K700i > K750i > K810i > K850i > G900 RED > C905 Gold
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-02-06 19:53

On 2010-02-06 15:17:24, TimeKiller wrote:
As promissed - a short pre preview after 2 day of usage:
1) bought for 500 EUR SIM free from MTel Store in Sofia, Bulgaria
2) black ones are 50 EUR cheaper then modern silver !?! (nobody knows the reason)
3) was scared at the beginning - X2 and WM were too complicated for me. UI (besides panels) wasn't really intuitive and take me a lot of time until seting up everything according to my taste, however after I gote familiar with the phone/windows I started to like it
4) once you start to work with device you almost immediatelly forget how much MHz is his CPU etc (you know - we all complained - why not snapdragon...) It's actually GREAT piece of hardware ! My friend have HTC HD2 and it's actually "slower" - I guess WM is not yet optimized quite well for the newer processor...
5) it's still buggy - crashed twice for 2 days INTENSIVE usage I hope they will fix some bugs with the upcoming update
6) call reception is very nice and screen/display (despite resistive) is very responsive - NOTE that you need to allign the screen from Start\\settings\\display... in order to work flawlessly...

will write again after several days playing with it

Good!
a w a r e
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 19 202122  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic