Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Official Sony Ericsson XPERIA X2 discussion

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 171819 202122  Next
Author Official Sony Ericsson XPERIA X2 discussion
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2010-01-12 00:24
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@doministry

Yes the X2 is a decent upgrade to the X1 but, HTC will have cheaper and more powerful qwerty phones with WinMo 6.5 on sale, X2 release is still a mystery. You will say that the camera is better by and the design etc. but WinMo 7 will be on show at MWC and the X2 won't support it. You will see a number of phones running the new OS soon, and if do an 'X3' then that's still miles away.

My X1 is the last ever that I will buy. I have no faith in them any more, I have seen their upcoming phone as well. I had been using a retail X2 for a few weeks and despite its best attempts, it was let down by its old processor. The X2 with 150Mhz extra would be nice but the fact is, it will be out at the same time as the next generation of phones. If you look at this thread, its only on page 17 while the X10 is at 117 which shows the interest in this phone. Buy the phone if you want but at least wait till MWC to check out the big guns. X2 would have been last year's hottest product.
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-01-12 01:52

On 2010-01-12 00:24:21, badassmam wrote:
@doministry

Yes the X2 is a decent upgrade to the X1 but, HTC will have cheaper and more powerful qwerty phones with WinMo 6.5 on sale, X2 release is still a mystery. You will say that the camera is better by and the design etc. but WinMo 7 will be on show at MWC and the X2 won't support it. You will see a number of phones running the new OS soon, and if do an 'X3' then that's still miles away.

My X1 is the last ever that I will buy. I have no faith in them any more, I have seen their upcoming phone as well. I had been using a retail X2 for a few weeks and despite its best attempts, it was let down by its old processor. The X2 with 150Mhz extra would be nice but the fact is, it will be out at the same time as the next generation of phones. If you look at this thread, its only on page 17 while the X10 is at 117 which shows the interest in this phone. Buy the phone if you want but at least wait till MWC to check out the big guns. X2 would have been last year's hottest product.

Ok...

Well, there's no mystery for me in releasing a good product...
I'm not "crazy" about processors, I mean I don't feel it underpowered.

Anyway I also don't believe in WM7 devices in 1st Half of 2010.
But I may be wrong.

As for HTC - which is a leader in WM - they didn't release a single device
which would really catch my attention.
And that's a problem....

And as it's all one platform it would be easy to switch now...

But agree - don't have a "fixed" focus right now and they often
switch they interest what is no good.

Pity they don't try to have a technological leadership in every aspect.
a w a r e
Mr486
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2010-01-13 21:32
Finally recieved my X2 this morning and hardly got anything done at work today

I am very satisfied since a retired my P1i for the X2 and it feels much much faster and more modern - but the learning curve is going to be steep...

Connecting to our exhange servers worked directly and my DS-205 Bluetooth headset was connected without any hassle. I just have one issue and that is avaliable memory everything seems to end up in the phone memory instead of on the "Storage Card" by default.

Does anyone know how to have all your exchange mail inboxes to be stored on the memory card?
I've managed to find the settings for attachements to be stored on the memory card but not the mail itself so I don't dare to start downloading my private mail too atm.

/skylt
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-01-13 22:23

On 2010-01-13 21:32:28, Mr486 wrote:
Finally recieved my X2 this morning and hardly got anything done at work today

I am very satisfied since a retired my P1i for the X2 and it feels much much faster and more modern - but the learning curve is going to be steep...

Connecting to our exhange servers worked directly and my DS-205 Bluetooth headset was connected without any hassle. I just have one issue and that is avaliable memory everything seems to end up in the phone memory instead of on the "Storage Card" by default.

Does anyone know how to have all your exchange mail inboxes to be stored on the memory card?
I've managed to find the settings for attachements to be stored on the memory card but not the mail itself so I don't dare to start downloading my private mail too atm.

/skylt

Nice!
a w a r e
domipost
Hazel
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-01-13 23:44
wow, cool. Can't believe it's actually released

The mails shouldn't be a problem if the attachments are stored elsewhere, or am I terribly wrong there?
mreman4k
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-01-14 06:07

On 2010-01-13 23:44:42, domipost wrote:
wow, cool. Can't believe it's actually released

The mails shouldn't be a problem if the attachments are stored elsewhere, or am I terribly wrong there?

I believe email messages and attachments by default are stored in device memory. Theres an option to have the attachments stored on the memory card, but I haven't seen a similar setting for email messages. Mail is stored in a file in the root of your device called cemail.vol.
domipost
Hazel
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-01-14 12:19
Yeah, I know. But that messages aren't too big, and it's not that the X2 has only 2MB of build in memory or something...
titus1
C901 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-01-20 11:32
Sample photo taken by X2. great cam I might say

click here
[ This Message was edited by: titus1 on 2010-01-20 10:33 ]
rene
X2 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-01-26 12:08
Now that the X2 is available for sale (In scandinavia, with local languages), i wonder if the phone already is available in English. I would apreciate if someone could help finding an online-shop that would sell the X2 (not X2a or X2i) in English. I found one online-shop that says they will get it on february 10th, but i don't want to wait soo long time for it..

The Xperia X2 Dissapointed Users Group DUG: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110270035673269
Facts about the Sony Ericsson X2 http://sonyericssonxperiax2failure.blog
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2010-01-26 12:39
It's quite striking that this phone was announced before the X10 and is actually now on the market, and yet this thread contains almost exactly 1/10th of the posts compared to the X10's equivalent. Really no surprise that the likes of Vodafone didn't bother pushing it in the end.

Windows Mobile is dead. Even WM7 is likely to be completely out of date by the time it eventually appears.
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-01-26 15:29

On 2010-01-26 12:39:39, Boinng wrote:
It's quite striking that this phone was announced before the X10 and is actually now on the market, and yet this thread contains almost exactly 1/10th of the posts compared to the X10's equivalent. Really no surprise that the likes of Vodafone didn't bother pushing it in the end.

Windows Mobile is dead. Even WM7 is likely to be completely out of date by the time it eventually appears.

It's the modern philosophy:

hype = sense.

Spread this crap somewhere else.
[ This Message was edited by: doministry on 2010-01-26 14:29 ]
a w a r e
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2010-01-26 17:38
So Android is an uncontrollable hype machine now? I thought that was just Apple.
bronxdude
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2010-01-26 18:21
Sony Ericsson Xperia X2 out on Feb 1

abs-cbnNEWS.com | 01/27/2010 12:23 AM

Sony Ericsson offers special introductory price

MANILA, Philippines – The anticipation is about to end as the new Sony Ericsson Xperia X2 handset will be out in the market in just a few days.

As a treat to mobile phone enthusiasts, Sony Ericsson is offering the new handset with multimedia features at a special introductory price.

“Sign up at the nearest Sony Ericsson Experience Shop or participating dealer shop or call the Customer Service Hotline 789-1860 to reserve your own X2 and take advantage of the special introductory price when you purchase the handset from February 1- 12, 2010,” Sony Ericsson said in a press statement.

The X2 which comes in Elegant Black and Modern Silver hits the shelves in selected retail shops nationwide on 1 February. It comes with web support and exclusive travel insurance.

The special price will only be extended to customers who place a reservation for the handset prior to its commercial availability. Sony Ericsson Experience Shops and over 50 authorized dealers nationwide now accept orders for reservation.

Xperia X2 on Windows Mobile features email, multimedia and MS Office. Similar to its predecessor, the X2 has dedicated panels for business, communication, multimedia and fun. It also has a user interface that features a new signature 3D panel with 3D effects, zoom and music playback controls.

The company said the handset comes with 14 preloaded Xperia panels and 16 more to download. New panels include CNN, YouTube™, Facebook™, Skype, Google™ and other support panels.

Also new on the X2 is SlideView, which provides quick access to frequently used mobile phone activities. It has a common interface and affords quick interaction with contacts, messages, media and more. SlideView also provides an overview of missed incoming activity, notifying the user of any missed calls, emails and text messages.

Powered by QWERTY messaging, the X2 can also show MS Office presentations on the big screen with the TV out cable. Users can open and edit Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents right from the phone. The 3.2-inch high resolution touchscreen provides DVD quality viewing. Images and video can be taken with the phone’s 8.1-megapixel camera with photo light.

Meanwhile, the company has designed Xperia Services which will be manned by a specialized technical team to help users learn more about the phone’s features.
as of 01/27/2010 12:23 AM

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/te[....]y-ericsson-xperia-x2-out-feb-1
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-01-26 20:01

On 2010-01-26 17:38:43, Boinng wrote:
So Android is an uncontrollable hype machine now? I thought that was just Apple.

Well there's no doubt that's hype.

Read these 140 pages.
50% is about which colour to choose, or how well the media panel works.

Little, little about any real functionality, or any real improvements over past devices.

So, I was just saying: number of thread pages does not indicate quality or feature set
or the future of the platform.
a w a r e
Mr486
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2010-01-26 21:48
Tried some new things with my X2 today (after installing a 16GB Mobile Ultra MicroSD)
1. Play a standard divx full feature movie - worked with SE Mediaplayer but not very well with MS Mediaplayer - are there different codecs installed?
2. Connected the X2 with my Ford Mondeo bluetooth handsfree API - worked excellent also with importing contacts! (this did not work with P1i)

Have got two problems that the goood X2 support team could not help me with becaue it's standard Windows phone "features":
1. When connecting a bluetooth headset all sound goes to the headset earphones - the phone is completely silent when these are connected which is not good when you have the earphones around your neck - i miss a lot of calls...
2.It is not possible to lock the phone when in a call - the lock screen button is the same as hang up!!!

Is there any workarounds these "features" that worked with the X1?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 171819 202122  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic