Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Ericsson "Rachael" Android XPERIA handset unveiled?

Previous  123 456 ... 151617  Next
Author Sony Ericsson "Rachael" Android XPERIA handset unveiled?
MrMojo1
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-07-12 18:51
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
If you look at the W995, the 3.5mm port is in the top middle but it's selling well and it works well.

At least SE finally put the port in instead of forcing users to use their Fastport!

On 2009-07-04 23:05:01, S4k1s wrote:
The keys at the bottom are really ugly and the 3,5 at the top center is really "Nokiaish", why put it in the center and not on the left or right side? Who wants a cable sticking out from the top center of the phone? It's like the idiot move putting the huge fastport connector on the left side on "recent" phones...

The 3.5 jack should be either on left or right side of the top or preferably on the bottom side of the phone.
Top or bottom don't really matter but not on center...
[ This Message was edited by: S4k1s on 2009-07-04 22:06 ]

MrMojo1
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-07-12 19:01
This may be a wake-up call for Apple to improve the iPhone/iTouch!
Only Apple's user-friendly interface and iTunes are saving the iPhone/iTouch since the competitors have really improved their phones to match Apple's designs and features!

Rachel is supposedly a touch screen with a 8mg pix camera with AF and flash (led or zenon?), media player and 3.5mm jack! Hopefully the camera is Cybershot quality and the audio port is actually included in the finalized version!
Also, hopefully SE will fix MediaGo to act more like iTunes for simplicity sake!

White version looks great!
Hmm.... maybe get this to go along with W995??

Anyway.... it's too early since details are not exact and most are rumors or leaked information or Pre-production models with limited info!

I'll save my comments until after it is officially released!

Pre-production design looks good, though!!

cool_bandit
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-07-23 03:22
wow...this is number 1 smartphone...
SE rule...
nirave
Xperia Arc Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-08-20 03:46
I'd have to say that finally SE seem to be developing handsets that make people proud to be SE fans. I personally loved the look of the X1 when it was announced and eagerly waited its release to be a little disappointed.

I hope SE:

Actually make sure the phone has NO major issues before release (cracks on x1, overheating etc.)
Make use of the Panels of android but make them USEFUL and not useless (I think they're a brilliant idea but very poorly implemented on the x1 and winmo)

Also people need to remember that EVERY manufacturer (including Motorola!!) EXCEPT SE has their own mobile division manufacturing teams - i.e. they have the capability of manufacturing handsets inhouse: SE does not and has to outsource the work, which is what could be causing the delays.

My final thought is maybe with all the leaks, SE are holding off on a X1 style announcement (February announcement - September release) in the hope that when they announce the Rachael, people will expect a long delay before release only to be hit with surprise if it launches a few weeks later (this seems to be the BEST policy for SE as they announced the x1 and Satio only to have other manufacturers produce similar phones and release them quicker so SE lost their potential competitive advantage).
[ This Message was edited by: nv1286 on 2009-08-20 02:48 ]
Follow on twitter: @nirave
Mobile Industry Journalist & Founder of UK Mobile Review and MEA Mobile Review
Follow on twitter [url=h
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-08-20 03:54
^^excuse me. But what are their factories in China and Sweden used for?? They have their manufacturing division but arent as diversified as others.
jakester2000
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-09-13 21:49
This phone really does it for me. I held on to my W800 for years before upgrading to the W960 but it's been a bit disappointing all in all. I never use the stylus and often jab away at the wrong things since it's not properly optimised for hand usage. And it's soooooooooooo slow. My contract is up at end of Oct so i can hold out until I have a worthy replacement.

Still love SE phones and I never thought Id be up for a non candybar phone but the iPhone was beginning to lure me in. I hated the bottom of the X1 and still am picky re: aesthetics but this phone presses all the right buttons

It's sleek looking and as long as it has a nice camera with AF and an FM radio then this will be the one for me
KU
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-09-13 23:36
I've unfortunatly heard that the phone is gonna be launch in 2010 hope it will upgrade the X2 WVGA video capacity to HD and be lighter than the Satio ( ) and I think I am gonna take another device like the 3Gs, Hero, Satio or X2 and then trade it for the X3

Hey I've noticed that both the X3 and the dext from motorola have the same number of keys with the same icons (the 4 squares + home center key + the back key) does that seem an earlier release for the X3 ?

I SE
[ This Message was edited by: KU on 2009-09-13 22:45 ]
number2
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-09-13 23:38
Hey is that a flying saucer up there, or perhaps the Loch Ness monster, gee guys get a grip!
Every week someone anounces another wonderful SE phone, is it an Android, steroid or hemaroid, (thats piles) or just wishful thinking?
You have all hung on to SE for so long, ooooo this is my next phone, gasp look how lovely it is, wow is that moon really made of green cheese?
I dont wont to be a bubble buster but, didnt we all wait far too long for the X1? and what a dodgey bit of kit that turned out to be.
I have been a SE fan for some time, loved my T68i, K750i, less said about K850i the better, and my current play phone the C902, good clean easy UI, generally let down by average build quality, but so far every premium SE i have tried has been, poor, very poor, the P1i so promising on paper, 3 days before i returned it, the X1 2 weeks and it had to go, some examples of good ideas, let down by the R&D guys being screwed by the lets try to be really clever and flash guys.
So, wait, try not to get too excited about what may or may not be in pipeline, its not worth Jack if its called Rachel, Eric, Samantha or Albert, until you can buy it, stop dreaming, and when/if they see the light of day, compare with other makes, SE have a lot of catching up to do, they are way behind some of the competition now, SE dont engage ie talk to their customers enough, simply filling in SE online surveys isnt reliable product feedback, customer forums, in many different markets would be a great starting point.
Please, could we try at least to be a little objective about SE, this is a loyal bunch of folks, but if we keep blindly buying into SE without giving them some hard advice, they may never again be what they once promised to be.
[ This Message was edited by: number2 on 2009-09-29 22:19 ]
Mizzou
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-09-29 21:25
I am glad that SE is back again, new phones are great, I buy a Rachael
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-09-30 15:36
This has got to be one of the if not THE best looking touch screen phone I have yet to see!!!!!!!!!!! Well hello Rachael swooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn She has a nice slim figure too
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2009-09-30 14:40 ]
Phone?? What phone??
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-10-01 20:04

On 2009-09-30 15:36:03, Bonovox wrote:
This has got to be one of the if not THE best looking touch screen phone I have yet to see!!!!!!!!!!! Well hello Rachael swooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn She has a nice slim figure too
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2009-09-30 14:40 ]

Looks the same as all other ts phones to me
Waka
P900
PM
Posted: 2009-10-02 12:55
yeah but I like her vital statistics now, when can I get my hands on her?!
PeterKay
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-10-02 19:48
Cool device

[ This Message was edited by: PeterKay on 2009-10-02 23:32 ]
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2009-10-02 20:18
the x2 runs winmo
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-10-03 03:53
Yes alot of touch screen phones look similar but this one looks good.
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 456 ... 151617  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic