Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > My hope in AINO to improve

Author My hope in AINO to improve
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2009-06-11 05:19
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Honestly I am really impress to this device on the look of it. It have the same clean feeling like T610.

Yet like T610. it have it short coming....when T610 is a bit sucks on the camera used ( I recall the time T610 was out...there's VGA camera in the offer)

but it just seem more logic for SE to fully utilize the capacitive touch screen instead of the limited function in multimedia and camera mode.

I guess it should

1. offer simple navigation on the touch screen.
2. remove the redundant multimedia mode on either close and open slider mode.
3. look into possibility for multi point auto focus using the touch screen.

hmmm I guess there's more to come from others...maybe it is just nice to get a thread to focus on this since there's time and who knows SE is watching the feedback from fans and tweak the software asap.
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2009-06-11 08:08
I agree, but to be honest first, Aino is very good phone it has many many advantages and not too many disadvantages making it awesome phone

but in order for to improve thier product portfolio and I know they take this forum post into account ( in positive or negative way ), I hope we have such a topic dedicated for each new phone to tell how to make it better in a positive way rather than screaming...

the only thing I would like to see is
1- Support for TV-Out cable ( all Entertainment-Unlimited series should support this + dLNA )
2- dLNA video support so we can stream video to any dLNA device that support dLNA

other things are not that important like 3.5mm audio jack, and it could be 4 pins too ( 1 ground + 2 for stereo audio + 1 for video ) this will be nicer option. but the original TV-Out cable is okay too...

3- support for streaming (audio/video) from/to Aino with PS3, PSP, PC and else using WiFi...
4- voice commad walkman/camera/etc... I mean same as we can call specific contact after recording small voice signature, we can do the same for walkman and camera, for example saying ( cheees ) will activate the camera to take a picture...

I may agree with c96sthl about point's 2 & 3, but number 1 I think it's hard at this time duo to the fact the OSE it self doesn't support touch screen nativley, the current support is limited to only some applications that uses it's own way to handle touch input.
pt020
W800
PM
Posted: 2009-06-11 08:36
I would like to go online with the touchscreen
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2009-06-11 17:58
well they still got a few months to figure out how to get their OS work on touch.

in fact SE's icon base menu can be extended in such a way even the submenu can be icon ... icon base already can offer good touch experience.

maybe they should allow finger text input so online browsing on the touch screen at slider close mode is slightly easier (to some user)
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-06-11 18:22
Without full touch screen interface this phone will be a failure for SE
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-06-11 18:42
You soothsaying too??
ranzon
W902 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-06-12 12:32
all your hopes are unfortunately lost
Just check out a few reviews of this phone and see how many things are very disappointing.
slow, laggy can't navigate with the slide closed. only good thing is the 30fps VGA. the rest is totally messed up. why create a phone which is so weird? was hoping this would be my next, but having my doubts
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2009-06-13 08:38

On 2009-06-12 12:32:17, ranzon wrote:
all your hopes are unfortunately lost
Just check out a few reviews of this phone and see how many things are very disappointing.
slow, laggy can't navigate with the slide closed. only good thing is the 30fps VGA. the rest is totally messed up. why create a phone which is so weird? was hoping this would be my next, but having my doubts

dude the purpose of this thread is not based on what we read on those live hands on review but what we hope they make us of the available time to put as much potential as possible into the product.

of course i know clearly this phone only savior for it is the clean look.... for me it is just like T610 which SE did no technology break through that time (nokia 7250 definitely beat it spec during that time or even nokia 7210 etc) in 2003 but with its nice styling...it become SE's savior.
Darkwun
K850 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-10-23 16:01
after having the phone for 48 hours i can honestly say i would've prefer a keypad and FULL touchscreen experience i think its something to do with the length of the screen and instinctively wanted to press on screen to navigate, kinda disappointing really so lets hope either pull their finger out and put it in an update or i get used to it in the next couple days or its going back......
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-10-23 16:49
Did'nt LG and Samsung both manage a full touch screen interface with a keypad? Come on SE.
Phone?? What phone??
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-10-23 16:55

On 2009-06-11 08:36:49, pt020 wrote:
I would like to go online with the touchscreen

use opera mini 5 beta
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2009-10-23 22:09

On 2009-06-11 18:22:16, 10123 wrote:
Without full touch screen interface this phone will be a failure for SE

Well actually, no. I have an Aino right here in my pocket so I'm speaking from experience. The touch/non-touch interface is very intuitive. The way it works is that you think of your phone as having two modes, one portrait for most of the phone duties, and one landscape for media. The media part is touch screen, and it is excellent and very responsive. The main functions are not touchscreen but you have an excellent keypad for typing on and it is the A200 that many people love.

I wouldn't want Aino any other way now that I've used it for several days, and I urge other people to try before they go and reject it. Aino is by far the most innovative phone from SE in a while.
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi