enjoyed it so much i wished id bought an iphone lol
ofiaich
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-06 01:20
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi again! My iPhone shows this .....

but this is todays offering!!

@larry 68, I had a go at the Lets Golf game... need more practice!

Ofiaich
esato since Nov, 12, 2001
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-01-06 22:59
The Daily Mirror paper today has a section on the iphone war. It compares Orange Vodafone and O2 Tesco tariffs in one section. Tesco only one with 12 month tariff. Have no link

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-01-06 22:02 ]
sepehr_sz
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2010-01-11 02:55
hello can someone plz tell me if 32GB iphone 3gs is worth it for 500 pound?
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2010-01-11 16:44
This is perhaps slightly off topic in the 3G S thread, but anyone with the older iPhone 3G may be interested in the "iVideoCamera" app now available in the Appstore - as the name suggests, this is a video recording app for any iPhone without an inbuilt video camera.

I bought this for 59p a few weeks ago when the quality of the app was quite poor - producing "video" of just 3fps - but an update last week has now brought this up to a slightly more respectable 10fps, and added a raft of tools for uploading and sharing video with Youtube, Facebook etc. There's also a "high resolution" 320×427 option, although this drops the recording time drastically.

This kind of hacky approach to video recording has been available I know through Cycorder to jailbroken phones for some time, but this is a seemingly well supported app that's available direct from the Appstore with no jailbreaking necessary - worth 59p I think.
snoFlake
W800
PM
Posted: 2010-01-13 14:05
Sorry for slightly off topic:

Any of you iPhonerizers giving credence to these rumours surfacing of April release for new 4G?
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2010-01-13 14:14
to fill out what the rumours are:-

dual core
oled screen
video calling
removable battery

I'd be surprised otherwise there would already be the odd leaked (if blurry) picture
these rumours seem to be based on the fact that google is pushing ahead fast with android but I'm not convinced thats enough for apple to change the game plan it has had since launch
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2010-01-13 15:10
Agreed with masseur - although an April release would be great for me (the very month my 3G contract is up) I can't see Apple ditching the summer timetable that's worked so well for them so far, and rushing something like this out. If 3GS sales were running out of steam then maybe, but there's been no sign of that.

Aside from that, the rumoured specs just sound incongruous - the sort of thing a fevered gadget hound might get excited about, but Apple wouldn't touch. I find it hard to believe that a dual core processor would be at all practical in terms of battery life, video calling has always been the smartest thing that previous iPhones have omitted, and Nexus One aside there's strong arguments against a OLED screens in devices like these, particularly when the current iPhone's screen has such good daylight visibility - I just can't see Apple making those kind of choices.
whentheleveebreaks
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-01-13 15:24
Im hoping for a new home screen with the 4.0 OS.

At a guess, the new phone will have faster processor, looks like it could have a new GPU. A slight design refresh might be nice but i dont see it changing al that much.
Posted from an iPhone
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2010-01-13 15:39
yes, the new GPU with full OpenGL 3.2 and OpenCL 1.0 support is a very likely new ingredient and though it hasn't been mentioned alot, I do feel that a slightly larger screen is on the cards.

Given Apple's hesitance to offer official multi tasking due to battery requirements I dount the dual core will come unless they have some miracle battery technology to unveil at the same time, but I have hopes that they will now make multi tasking officially supported as it is probably the one remaining major difference to other manufacturer offerings, and if an exchangeable battery really is on the cards then that is all the more likely IMHO.

I doubt very much about the video calling as even now I know no one who uses this and I'm sure Apple would recognise that. I do think video calling will be more accepted one day, but not for a few years yet
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2010-01-13 16:39
I suppose video calling is a possibility if the operators push for it, but I can't believe even they are that bothered now, it's just not something most people use whether they have access to it or not. Maybe Apple are about to add some iPhone magic to make it more palatable, but I doubt it.
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-13 21:07
i'm due another upgrade in March and I'm considering an iPhone this time. Just wondering how the calander app is. I've currently gone back to using my P1i as i like the calander app. Is the iPhones one similar/better etc ? eg. where you can edit an appointment within a series and it doesn't affect the other reoccuring ones or gives you the option to change all reoccuring appointments or just the one. Also can the starting day be changed (my working week starts on a Saturday) ? Would it be a good idea to upgrade to a 32gb 3gS or wait a while until after the summer ?

This message was posted from a WAP device
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2010-01-13 21:23
when you edit a repeating calendar entry and click "done" you are prompted with "save for this event only" or "save for future events" so in that way its similar to outlook and what you describe

I can't see an option to change the starting day either in the calendar or in the settings -> calendar. Monday is the start of week in mine. I've just tested and changing the start of week in outlook has no effect on the start of week within the iphone

32g 3GS is a good device. The question really is:- if you are going to buy it on contract in March will you be happy to see probably two revisiions go buy before your contract ends. If you're buying sim free/ebay/esato etc then the question is not so tough as generally iphone hold their value fairly well and you can sell and buy with minimal loss
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-13 21:55
I'm already on an 18 month contract and would get the phone for free with what i spend. I get early upgrades as well. My choices would be iPhone, Satio, X10. Wont have another WM phone again either so X2 is out.

This message was posted from a P1i
Superluminova
K610 red
PM
Posted: 2010-01-13 22:03
iPhone on Vodafone as of tomorrow! Here's hoping for an epic day.
OBEY GAINT
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 545556 ... 636465  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic