Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > iPhone 3GS discussion

Previous  123 45 ... 636465  Next
Author iPhone 3GS discussion
voda_jon
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2009-06-09 09:49
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@mr miyagi.... i complained a month ago about not being able to send mms and having the bluetooth crippled and some other complaints i had about O2's customer services attitude and it got escalated to the complaints department and then to a manager and thats what he then stated as i wasnt happy with his months free line rental offer he gave me.

Role on the 19th!
whentheleveebreaks
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-06-09 09:57
Hopefully its not as difficult to get as when the 3G first came out!
Posted from an iPhone
SloopJohnB
K750
PM
Posted: 2009-06-09 10:00
Some people are saying they are underwhelmed but I think iPhone 3G S was a big announcement. The video camera will be dead easy to use with good sharing and editing implementation. Voice control is really useful and really cool. Tomtom now has not only an app but also a car access. for the iphone that will also charge your iphone and allow you to listen to your ipod. Plus you have all the new apps with 3.0 and much more to come to take avantage of 3G S' unique features. What excites me more is the drive apple is giving to mobile development, by watching today's keynote it really seems they are ahead of everybody else. Even if other platforms have this os that function the iphone lacks, in terms of mobile develp. apple is leading the way. Having a limited hardware, software expertise, an effective store and allowing just one app to run together with apple's apps is really making things easy for developers since they always know pretty much how the apps are going to behave and what functions they can include and plus you can download the apps very easily using the store. This seems like a tough-to-beat combination to me.
RyaN
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2009-06-09 10:40
I'm a bit disappointed that it looks exactly the same, although I can understand Apple's rational, the 3GS now slots in nicely in store next to the 3G. It's almost like having a Macbook and Macbook Pro

As a 3G user, this one is getting skipped. I think if O2 gave existing iPhone customers the chance to upgrade early I would perhaps consider paying the ridiculous price of £184 to sign another £35pm contract. (but then i would need my head testing )

Actually the pricing is a complete joke. How on earth $199 converts to £184 i dont know. They really need to sort the pricing out, but they know they can get people signed up for that cost.
Current phone: iPhone 3G
Favourite : S700
Follow me on Twitter!: Here
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-06-09 10:41
I'm happy with what was announced, they've improved the hardware enough to make best use of the new OS, but without leaving existing users (of the first gen and the 3G) high and dry in terms of the eco-system, since this is recognisably still the same platform with the same fundamental underpinnings, just better. It's good news for devs as well, which makes it even better news for everyone else.

I think they've done exactly the right thing with the camera, I'd be interested in seeing some video and still samples but I'll bet they're pretty high quality, 3.0MP is ample for a sensor of that size and if backed up with the right optics, software and processing (which I suspect it is) it may well surprise some people around here.

If I was choosing a brand new phone right now I'd pick up the 3GS in a second, there's nothing on the market now or planned for the future that would tempt me away. In reality I'm under contract with my 3G until April, by which time it may well be worth waiting until the next keynote, but I'm happy that my iPhone is going to be so well supported in the meantime.

40 million users of the iPhone/iPod Touch is an astonishing figure - does anyone know if there's a breakdown of that showing the split between the two devices?
Raiderski
C901 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-06-09 10:49
3GS shows positive direction of the whole platform development
bavlondon2
P1
PM
Posted: 2009-06-09 11:24
This phone is so cool. Im getting it right away.
RyaN
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2009-06-09 11:38

On 2009-06-09 11:24:37, bavlondon2 wrote:
This phone is so cool. Im getting it right away.

In 10 days, not right away
Current phone: iPhone 3G
Favourite : S700
Follow me on Twitter!: Here
Nanu
Sony CMD MZ5
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-06-09 11:55

On 2009-06-09 09:36:53, Mr Miyagi wrote:
That's true. But your not just paying that ammount of money just for the phone. Your paying for unlimited free Internet your paying for getting so many minutes and SMS free too. Plus it's not just a phone. It is an iPod as well as a movie player and so much more. As the apple saying goes. Your paying a premium price for a premium product. I have decided I will be getting this phone only wen my k850 dies on me and when it's out of warranty. In the mean time I wi also enjoy having my work iPhone. N it's only later on I'll be buying this one.

On 2009-06-08 23:21:23, Nanu wrote:
£1761.84 is a lot of money for a free phone! (based on the 32GB 3Gs over 24 months)

The dictionary definition of free is "available without charge" so if I walked into O2 and back out again with an iPhone 3Gs 32GB in my pocket without signing up to a 24 month contract costing £1761.84 then it would be free (This could be said about any phone except the extortionate pricing)

And as for the free WiFi, I offer a free dishwasher to my customers when then spend over £2.5k on a kitchen, who do you think really pays for that dishwasher???

Either way you look at it your still paying at least £272.81 for the iPhone 3Gs on either contract, this is still ridiculous especially for those who wish to pay out £70+/month

For example:

Simplicity £36.72 gets you 1200 mins 2400 texts unlimited data unlimited WiFi so over 24 months £881.28

iPhone 3Gs £44.05 gets you 1200 mins 500 texts unlimited data unlimited WiFi so over 24 months £1057.20 + the cost of the phone @ £96.89 takes you to £1154.09

£1154.09 - £881.28 = £272.81 (surprisingly)

Also you lose 45,600 texts.

What I am pointing out here is O2 still charge a high price for the handset, no matter what colour blinkers you happen to be wearing!
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2009-06-09 12:05
so the new iphone will be just as expensive as the iphone 3g was when it launched??? And will it be networked locked as usual?

if so, i plan on getting one when it comes here on upgrade (june 26th we get it apparently) and flogging it off on ebay! Will sell for $1000aud just like the iphone 3g did when released if pricing is the same as 3g when released (or more)

sorry if its been mentioned, i havent read the thread
Waka
P900
PM
Posted: 2009-06-09 13:16
mms, video recording, tomtom and voice activation? Surprisingly apple are are just playing catch-up here rather than being innovative. And the 3mp camera with no flash and no front camera for video recording are pretty disappointing. But my biggest beef is no memory card slot so apple can gouge you for the 32GB iphone and no mini-usb for charging etc. means my next phone will be an android.

sorry Apple, not good enough.

W.
Barachus
W800
PM
Posted: 2009-06-09 13:28
a bit of a let down, there is nothing really to tempt a 3G user to the 3GS, but if i was new phone user i would certainly pick it over any other phone on the market
i have to commend Apple they still take care of the older users of the V1 and 3g, not like other manufacturers who would just move onto the next model and forget completely about the older ones

at the very least we can still enjoy the anger and indignation of the iphone haters as they rant and rave about how apple are putting common features like voice control and video editing in a phone and acting as if they invented it
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-06-09 13:39
Apple are simply doing what they've been doing since the first iPhone and OS appeared - taking existing technologies and making them more useable and useful. Video recording may be nothing new, but in-phone editing of full VGA material - that is new, and it makes the other features like Youtube sharing a lot more useful. Full voice control is available as an expensive add-on for Windows Mobile phones, but on the 3G S it's built in and fully integrated, and presumably open to other apps too. How long before you can talk back to TomTom I wonder?

Its fair to say this won't immediately entice a lot of upgrades from existing 3G owners, particularly the way its priced, but together with the new OS and the rest of the "catching up" going on there, I'm quite sure this will attract a great many new converts. There are a LOT of people who up until recently were saying "I'd like an iPhone but I can't do without video/TomTom/cut and paste/MMS" who have suddenly had all those barriers lifted.
Barachus
W800
PM
Posted: 2009-06-09 13:44
very true, there is nothing left to really criticise the iphone about now, apart from the deluded folk who think their 8MP phones are a viable alternative to a basic camera
[ This Message was edited by: NoKia on 2009-06-09 12:44 ]
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-06-09 14:21
The strange types waging a war on "fanboys" will still whinge on about price, they'll whinge on about iTunes, they'll whinge on about multitasking (ignoring the fact that you don't need it with notifications and a device this responsive), and of course they'll insist that anything less than a 12MP camera and 1080P screen isn't even worth mentioning... but all the genuine gotchas that actually bothered other people are gone now. Which is good.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 45 ... 636465  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic