Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > Help! Z610 starts up with white blinking screen

Author Help! Z610 starts up with white blinking screen
abc777
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-04-29 05:17
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi, two weeks ago, i tried to connect my z610 to my pc using the usb cable. After connection, my phone could no longer operate normally. It was showing white blinking screen. I removed the usb connection and could not even power off the phone using the power button.

I have to remove the battery to off the phone. I tried to power on the phone again, it shows sony ericsson start up icon and then starts to show white blinking screen again.

I downloaded the SEUS and updated it to the lastest filmware. However, the white blinking screen is still there after power up. I am not able to use my phone as i cant see anything other than the white blinking screen.

Can anyone helps me with my problem?

Thanks.
chandu17
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2009-04-29 14:59
Try to roll back to the previous version of phone flash it with earlier version.
abc777
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-04-30 16:56
I am sorry. But can you roughly guide me on how to roll back the version and flash it? thank you very much.
abc777
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-05-21 16:24
bump. Can someone pls guide me? Thanks.
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-05-22 09:06

On 2009-04-29 14:59:00, chandu17 wrote:
Try to roll back to the previous version of phone flash it with earlier version.

I don't think this can be done on SEUS. You only have access to the latest firmware.
Older firmwares are available 'unofficially' on other flashing sites such as DaVinci and others. I no nothing about unofficial flashing put there are plenty of threads here on Esato with those who do.

I would try SEUS again first before going the unofficial route. Sometimes it doesn't take the first time as the proceedure can be easy to get wrong. I had this problem (called White Screen Of Death -WSOD) fixed in the past by an Official Service Centre who used SEUS.

Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi