Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Upload Pictures from P900

Author Upload Pictures from P900
colinito
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-04-19 20:12
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hello Everyone!
I am your newest 'newbie', technically ignorant and anxious to learn, even though I'm past my sell-by date!
I have just had a P900 as a gift and I have taken some photos with it.
I have a synch station installed.
I can not find a way to get the photos from the P900 into my computer.
I have the option to "Back-up" which I have done - I am also not able to 'find' the back-up in my computer!
I have downloaded the P900 user guide, but it does not instruct on these two items.
Any help would be gratefully received (Please give me step-by-step directions, I am not very competent with computers/sony ericsson phone)
I have windows XP+SP3. ADSL connection.

Late, Additional info:
I have just had the Sony Ericsson PC Suite 4.010.00 Installed by a relative, but even though the synch station recognises that my phone is connected, the PC Suite says that No Phone Is detected. How do I get them to "recognise" each other?
I have also just made Outlook synchronise with the phone - but no pictures have come through, just contacts and their phone numbers.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Colinito
[ This Message was edited by: colinito on 2009-04-19 20:47 ]
ardzuna
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2009-04-19 22:00
Can't you just connect your phone in "File transfer mode" (or "Data transfer mode" whatever it is called) and just copy your pictures from the memory stick to your computer. The pictures should be in the DCIM folder (P900 is a rather old model so maybe all this is not the same as in UIQ3 models).
colinito
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-04-20 12:36
Hello Ardzuna / Everyone,

Thank you for your reply.

I discovered, by contacting many different sources, that the PC Suite that I had would not 'talk' to my synch station and P900 because it was incompatible.
I was advised by Sony Ericsson to remove that programme and download the PC Suite 3.1.1. I did this and now everything appears to be working.
I have not yet found a method of directly sending the pictures to my PC, but I managed to open the PC Suite programme on my computer containing the photos and clicked on them and moved them to my desktop. From there, I moved them to "My Pictures" and can view them!
I hope to learn how to use the programme properly.
In the meantime, I have saved your reply and will try to find if that is of any use in conjunction with the PC Suite programme.
Thank you, once again, for your help.

I will now try to close the thread, having found out the answer!

Colinito
[ This Message was edited by: colinito on 2009-04-20 11:42 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi