Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Goodbye Xperia-Hello Touch pro

12  Next
Author Goodbye Xperia-Hello Touch pro
number2
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-03-17 12:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Today its going back,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yes the X1 i waited so long for has had its day, its far to smart for the likes of me, some twit at SE thought i know lets fill it with windows mobile, make it so that every operation requires as many key pushes, finger swipes, as possible, and make the touch screen icons for the start menu and the on screen kwerty key pad snuggly fit the fingers of a 3 year old child. Panels PAH! they are just themes, pointless absolutely pointless, thats if you can get any that really make the experiance easy and pleasant with just about 5 minutes of real user experiance they could/should have had a total winner.
Next time SE call me.
Yes im sorry for ranting, but its such a bloody dissapointment, silver keys on a silver keyboard with light grey letters on them, who the **** came up with that brain wave, a mobile device thats got so much potential, buggered by some idiots in the lets make it look flash dept.
Here's some pointers.
1) Keep the basics simple its a phone first.
2) Ask users to try it and listen to feedback BEFORE putting it into production.
3) Ignore the (make it look flash dept) sack them!
4) On screen keys/icons should be big enough for grown up fingers, the stylus should be redundant.
5) To personalise the phone, you should not have to spend days on line or be a programer.
6) From taking out of the box, it should take no longer than 1 day to make the PHONE/device in its basic format exactly as i want it, at least in apperance and functionallity. Should i want to ad extra programmes after that such as converter or maps for example thats fine but make the UI, thats user interface to you guys at SE as simple as you can.
Many of you guys are very happy with your Xperia phones, and for that i'm pleased for you, i'm not saying you made the wrong choices, stick with it, but dont be afraid to say if you aint happy.
Finalle,
Am now about to change it for the Serra, i know that under the skin its the same device, but at least after playing with one in an o2 shop HTC seem to have addressed most of my issues, groans and moans.
Wish me luck.
Up date-put X1 in post today 18/03/2009.....did i do the right thing???????? am i stuck in the form over function camp?
Watch this space!
Yahooooooooooooo!
Got the little bugger at last, its bloody brilliant, quality over flash, the way its put together, the UI, the whole feel is better, ive only had the beuty 2 days so im not going to try to list the differences yet but, give me a week or so.
[ This Message was edited by: number2 on 2009-04-05 00:33 ]
pachy
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2009-03-28 05:45
Made an amusing read, i think your right, i think SE fell off a cliff with that phone & landed on top of it, you do know its also made by HTC, i bought all the SE smartphones as they came out, not to be brand loyal but because they were always the best phone, wm6.1 is not ideal on the X1 size screen, i got an HTC touch HD in November & havnt looked back its a superb phone, i only wish i could have given the 500 it cost to SE as they had supplied me fantastic reliable phones since the t68, its a shame, i used an X1 when they released it & like many people now i spend more time online on my phone than i do my laptop & that phones screen is just too small, your phone is an important part of everyday life its a tool, not just something to show people & say "hey look its just like an impractically minature laptop"
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2009-03-28 05:53
What is . . SERRA Nokia E90 is far much better than the X1 !
gtr83
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-03-28 14:58
Sorry Jojo, not true... If you said iPhone 3G, BB Bold or Touch HD I might have agreed.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2009-03-28 16:05
For a 2yearold device the E90 really does give the X1 a run for its money though, even considering the powerfull PowerVR MBX2 Grapics Processing Unit the E90 has, from what i remember the iPhone uses the lite version of the same GPU.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
DickySnapples
Z1010
PM
Posted: 2009-03-28 16:07

On 2009-03-28 05:53:05, *Jojo* wrote:
What is . . SERRA Nokia E90 is far much better than the X1 !

i see you still havent learnt how to use google, serra = the HTC touch pro
number2
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-05-13 17:01
Back again,
Ok guys now had a few weeks getting to know the XdaSerra aka
HtcTouchPro
So my results, and remember these are my findings, personnal preferences.
1) HTC Flush screen, amazing i dont have to contort my grown up finger, or resort to the stylus to open the start menu. i just Touch the screen.
2) External speaker, instead of being at a point on the phone where my hand rather inconveniently covers it up, HTC have put it on the back where it provides clear sound.
3) Touch flo, one easy layout, that from day one was understandable and usable for grown up fingers.
4) Texting, i can do this one handed, just like a real phone, i dont need to open the keyboard or get the stylus out.
5) All icons and menus are for grown up fingers.
6) Operating manual, HTC 300 pages plus, SE X-1 manual 30 pages plus.
7) Keyboard, white letters on black keys, so easy to read.
No panels, just easy straight forward navigation.

What dont i like, what did SE get right,
The 3 mm headphone socket, HTC should have put that on their own device.
Camera button exactly where it should be.

Plaese feel free to make your own lists, as i said these are just my preferences, anyhow go to it guys and good luck.
[ This Message was edited by: number2 on 2009-05-13 17:23 ]
recl
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2009-05-13 17:35
"silver keys on a silver keyboard with light grey letters on them"
did you even take a look at the phone before buying it? )

don't get me wrong, i'm not a x1 fan but....i'll stop here
number2
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-05-13 18:22
Good point, but i didnt buy it, got it on sor as an upgrade from o2, which is why i sent it back.
AbuBasim
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2009-05-13 18:25

On 2009-03-28 14:58:04, gtr83 wrote:
Sorry Jojo, not true... If you said iPhone 3G, BB Bold or Touch HD I might have agreed.

iPhone 3G???? BB Bold????????? I bet you're used to people making fun of your taste
number2
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-05-13 20:02
HaHaHa,

Now the flash no substance gadget guys are being drawn in, at last this is where it gets to be fun!
MyP910
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2009-05-13 22:15
1.I respect your opinion even some of them sound ridiculous especially when commenting about the color of the hardware keyboard.

2. some people like touch flow concept and some like panels. I've used touch flow as one of the panel long time ago and now, it isn't in my 9 panel list anymore. I have to give priority to othe panels. Man, now I feel 9 panels are not enaough !.

3. Ease of use, personilizing, customizing are down to the windows mobile characteristics rather than xperia attributes. Panels are the easiest way of personilizing the phone with two touch: 1 click for the x panel button and another touch for selecting the required panel.

4. one of the reason why I dont like touch flow is too much scrolling to get what you want. this maybe why one of the panel I frequently use is SE panel where I can acceess all the frequently used application with one touch (i.e. sms/email, calendare, task, vibrate function, contacts, opera, tomtom, music player)...all within one touch. To me, there is no question regarding ease of use. what more can you ask when you can access everything with one touch.

5. the default onscreen winmo keyboard is small. for this reason, I install finger keyboard. I really hope, this type of keyboard should be bundled together by default.

6. the icons are big enough for lare fingers. I'm referring to icons under SE panel or SPB panel. Unless your fingers are as big as hulk.

7. Maybe some people don't like stylus and to some, stylus is last generation. But I like stylus and one of the reason I don't like iphone. Why I want stylus ? hee, I like to draw caricature on my phone to kill time. There is one time, my friend use my phone to create a signature and use this signature for all his word document letter. You can't draw (for example: a direction map) without stylus.

8. In the beginning I thought, I'm the only one who like the panel concept, but recently when I see a lot of people requesting SPB mobile shell 3.0 to be made as panel option (in spb forum and xda forum), I realise there are a lot of people prefer panel. looking from the response, I beleive the panel is not a gimmick anymore.

9. I think there must be a reason why xperia is voted as the most preferred winmo phone in the xda poll. The poll is here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=446362 . Xperia is leading all the way from the beginning.

p/s: this whole reply was written on the xperia phone using the hardware keyboard.
[ This Message was edited by: MyP910 on 2009-05-14 07:32 ]
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-05-14 01:38
MyP910

You just share my feelings which I expressed many times on Xperia thread.....
Panels rule for me. As well as most of xperia elements.....
koto
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2009-05-14 20:24
@MyP910

I have the same opinion. Xperia is by far the best phone I had, and it is a small laptot, not just for braging to friends. I laugh when I read other comments and wonder how it is possible that people feel their opinion is the ultimate fact.
number2
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-05-14 21:04
Sorry chum, its all just my opinion, and my personnal preferences.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi