Esato

Forum > General discussions > Announcements > P800, in the UK : £293 (with connection O2)

Previous  12
Author P800, in the UK : £293 (with connection O2)
pachy
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-01-30 06:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I buy my phones sim free as i use an Orange contract sim with no monthly payment (OVP Virgin) so as the o2 connections offered by Expansys have no inclusive air time the sums work out as follows;
p800 outright = £530
1yr o2 contract=£580
2yr o2 contract=£630
If anyone is in need of the airtime contract the 1yr deal isn`t bad at all. but when Expansys get it so should CPW, & i know where i would rather go.
JiggyJaggy
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-02-08 22:52
Hi i have had an email to me at Orange, Central london W1 ( where i work) that the P800 is duein stock on week commencing 10th Feb, so basically mon onwards! I hope they are correct. We generally get it before other Orange stores.
UK's only deidcated online Vertu Sales
fijbert
K550 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-02-08 23:07
isnt there a way to get a phone line w/o contract over there?
cuz my line here in montreal has no contract.. can be cancelled at any moment without fees or what not..
Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore I am perfect
pachy
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-02-09 07:14
@Fijbert, In UK we can buy just a sim for as little as £5 or even free online with some operators, these are "no contract sims" & often include a few £`s of calls, or more if you register it in your name, all the networks do these, but the calls are a little dear, very handy for short term visiters though.
Then there`s your normal contracts where your phone is about £200 cheaper but you sign for a year (normally commiting to about £200 over the yr, ie;£16 per month) but with some free airtime + sms incl.

Then there is a third way, not common but the best deal i think, you buy a phone (cheap & nasty) which comes with a contract for life, the contract is billed at contract rates & has no free airtime but no monthly payment, you sell on the phone for what you can get, leaving you with a phone number that wont change & live sim that you put in any simfree phone, these deals are known as "pay up front" or "no line rental ever" & are often confused with "pay as you go" (option 2) but are far more cost effective as voicemail is often free & sms are cheaper.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi