Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > Samsung Omnia HD vs SE idou

Author Samsung Omnia HD vs SE idou
v3xat10n
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2009-02-24 06:31
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
who do you think would be the next king of touch screen? any idea?
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2009-02-24 06:38
3rd gen iPhone probably!

But seriously, the Idou will probably be so late to market that if the Omnia HD becomes king, it will enjoy quite some time at the top. That is if Idou is even a contender. On past SE performances, I have my doubts. Though I'm certainly open for a surprise!
hgautam
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2009-02-24 08:53
Idou's full specs are not yet announced so can't say anything for sure, but other than the camera, the Omnia HD seems to have more/better specs then the Idou...

But I still don't like Omnia HD as much as I love the Idou... As of now, my next purchase is the Idou...
v3xat10n
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2009-02-24 09:12
forget about the crappy iphone 3g. here's another competetor, the htc diamond2. wow!! its gonna be a war of touchscreens... but i prefer the Full HD video of samsung, and it has the widest screen, 2.8
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-02-24 09:29
The "crappy iPhone 3G" (read: massively successful iPhone 3G that leads the market and has driven all the competition) is about to be replaced, we just don't know what with yet.

All bets are off until Apple show their hand. With the Idou we're talking about a "concept" phone that SE hope to get out later this year - Apple have a history of turning on a sixpence and announcing a product to be released next week that knocks everything else out the water.

And please, the Diamond 2?? Just another crappy WinMo phone, not worthy of being mentioned here.
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2009-02-24 09:34
I really like the design of Touch PRO2 - it looks very professional and neat - an evolution in terms of looks from it's predecessors TyTn, TyTnII and Touch PRO1

As for idou and Omnia HD, both aren't revolutionary in terms of looks (OmniaHD is uglier at the back anyway) but are monsters in terms of specs. anyway seems like some people still have doubts on whether idou will have WiFi and GPS (symbian superphone goodies as i would like to call them) they would - look at the labels at the side
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-02-24 09:48
The hardware design of the Touch Pro 2 is nice - I notice it's got the tilt of the old Tytn II, and is a nice continuation of that design - it's just blighted by the same thing that ultimately spoilt the Tytn II for me, the rubbish OS (and no, 6.5 is no real improvement).
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2009-02-24 09:53

On 2009-02-24 09:48:55, Boinng wrote:
The hardware design of the Touch Pro 2 is nice - I notice it's got the tilt of the old Tytn II, and is a nice continuation of that design - it's just blighted by the same thing that ultimately spoilt the Tytn II for me, the rubbish OS (and no, 6.5 is no real improvement).

It should have at least used android IMO. never mind the lack of video recording for as long at the phone works fast and stable.
10 years at Esato
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2009-02-24 11:29
By the time 'idou' gets released it is more than likely to be average. SE was just desperate to steal the limelight at MWC since they've been lacking for over 2 years compared to other rivals. It was a now futile exercise for publicity.

The Samsung is going to hit the market sooner and will not have much competition so for now it the well specced phone.

Apple have excellent marketing and have come up with the best touch UI by far. Palm may just sneak in with an excellent touch UI of their own, hopefully the reports about Apple taking them to task for stealing their patented multi-touch concept doesn't spoil everything for the Pre. I don't see the next generation Iphone with blockbuster specs (just what's necessary), they just need to keep doing what they do best- overhype it and that's it!

So, for me, Apple are just playing this on their own terms which works for them. Clever marketing works for them.
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-02-24 11:40
If I was going to make predictions about the next iPhone (and I know it's a mistake) I'd point to OS refinements being the big ticket. They may well up the resolution of the screen and perhaps the processing power, and open up a new category in the Appstore for bigger, fancier, "HD" gaming, but the bigger news will be some kind of joined up filestore/clipboard for apps to use, and perhaps the final release of push notifications. And if some of us are lucky, those improvements will make their way to existing iPhones too.

They might improve the camera, but I don't think that's a big priority for either Apple or their target market, so don't expect anything major there.

Oh, and satnav - they have to be ready to announce some kind of turn-by-turn solution soon, it's just a massive missed opportunity for revenue.
titus1
C901 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-02-24 13:38
I'd still would want to see what Idou can "dou". But honestly, I'm way solved with Hikaru
And as I've read some survey on one particular site, touchscreen phones scores low.
sale987
Elm Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-02-24 18:58
You shouldnt make this thread yet, but again not bad. I think who like electronic and percect phone he know Idou will be better, but who like paint he will chose other one...
Legen
W960
PM
Posted: 2009-03-11 18:39

On 2009-02-24 06:38:52, Muhammad-Oli wrote:
3rd gen iPhone probably!

But seriously, the Idou will probably be so late to market that if the Omnia HD becomes king, it will enjoy quite some time at the top. That is if Idou is even a contender. On past SE performances, I have my doubts. Though I'm certainly open for a surprise!

3rd gen iPhone i'll admit is something good to imagine(being a sonyericsson fan). if its as innovative as the 1st gen one was at its time. then the other phone manufacturers will have to play catch up agen
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2009-03-11 19:40
I gota say the 3rd gen iPhone as well, although i know im not gona get it because im just not a fan of ANY of Apples products, put down two offers to get a iPod 60gb cause i just hate having to carry more than one device im still excited for 3rd gen iPhone, my father loves his iPhone3G, its the 1st phone that he's actualy attached to anyway between these two (Idou and OmniaHD) id say OmniaHD, although its ugly, actualy both are ugly.
[ This Message was edited by: GUCCI.011 on 2009-03-11 18:43 ]
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
v3xat10n
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2009-05-21 19:59
@ boinng

ohh c'mon!! marketing achievements doesnt mean its the best. it simply means there are a lot of people fooled by the iphone hype. 2mp? no a2dp? no video call? cant even record a video? c'mon!!!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi