Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > Touch Sensative button problem on K850i

Author Touch Sensative button problem on K850i
Sutitan
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2009-01-15 19:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have probably one of the most annoying and disabling problems on my K850i at the moment. The Touch sensative buttons right below the screen are acting extremely wierd. It is next to impossible to operate my phone. To make calls, I go to my car and use its bluetooth.

Anyways, the problem is the unresponsiveness of the right touch sensative key. In order to use it, I have to press it about 10 times. it works better when I wiggle my nail/finger, between the tiny gap between the screen and buttons. The middle touch sensative button is responsive when I touch the keypad down by the star key. to use it, I ussualy just press in that general area (between the star and 0 key) a few times. its more responsive then the right touch sensative screen. However, sometimes it spazzes out and clicks it non-stop, leading my phone to send a blank message to the first person on my contact list (to whom ive already explain this problem to). The left touch sensitive key has almost the same problem with the spazzing. There is no real place to push to activate the key. it really just does it when it wants to, how ever many times it wants. I found out that by tapping the side of the phone, pushing the back of the phone, pushing the middle touch sensitive key area all activate the left touch sensitive key. Basically anything sets it off.

Besides completely limiting navigation through the phone, it also does other things that I dont like. My phone is my alarm clock. I set about 5 alarms every night, but the phone keeps unactivating them since the touch keys are constantly getting pushed by themselves. Also, my battery life has basically halved since the phone is contantly just pushing buttons.

I was curious if anyone has had or has this problem or even fixed it. Im going to buy some torx screwdrivers today since i left my kit back at home and maybe a can of compressed air to possibly try shoot out any dust that might be causing the problem

Any suggestions? (besides send it to SE for repair)

Thanks
strizlow800
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2009-01-15 19:26
The touch sensitive board on the K850 seems to be common problem for many users... And, as always said it happens to be hardware related problem which fixing requires sending the phone to service center... You can try updating the firmware through SEUS, but honestly, I don't think that's going to work.
Sony Ericsson software/hardware support!

Phone Flashing Tutorial (DB2020 CID49/51/52)
Sutitan
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2009-06-22 18:42
I hate to bring this up again, but I had bought a second hand K850i to replace my broken k850i. Today, I had the same exact thing happen to my 2nd K850i!!! However, I found a similar but strange coincidence. The failure happened in an airport! When I got off the plane to transfer flights, it was working fine. after I went through security and got to my next gate, my phone began acting up! This is the exact same thing and exact same place that it happened to my previous k850i. is it possible that Frances X-Ray scanners are screwing up my k850i's or is this just some huge coincidence. I travel twice a year to Europe to visit family and on both occasions with different K850i's, they both failed.

As far as trying to fix it, I tried taking a compressed air can to try blow out dust (brothers idea), I removed the keypad and re-attached it to make sure there wasn't a loose connection. I did a master reset and flashed my phone. Nothing...

Any input anybody?
rsdsgd
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-06-22 19:15
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. I'm facing the same problem these days. My k850 is at the service shop right now.
It was working nicely when suddenly I faced this problem. Now i have been informed that my handset
is ok & I can collect it from the service shop (service charges $25 approix. here in Pakistan).
On asking its significance, they replied that its a common hardware problem in all k850 sets.

So, malfunctioning due to any radiation in your handset is not possible as u wrote.
Take it as common problem... I'm also with (sadly)
K750,K800,K810,K850 & now:
C905 + 8GB Card + Fully customized, patched, elf packs, Vivaz fully hacked now
Sutitan
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2009-06-22 20:27
Thanks for the reply, Im going to order a keypad off ebay and hopefully change it myself. If you can, ask them what parts they changed. I dont want to have bought a piece to find out that I need more.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi