Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > How to restore an SMS "Saved Message" on SIM back to Sent Items? (K800i)

Author How to restore an SMS "Saved Message" on SIM back to Sent Items? (K800i)
IDNTA
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-01-10 22:14
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I didn't fully understand that when I "saved" a message on my K800i that it'd actually *move* it from the original folder (into "Saved Messages"), not just save a copy of it. This has now broken the flow of replies I'd created and I'd like to put it back.

Would it be possible to export the saved message from the SIM card, then import it back to the original folder (Sent Items) with MyPhoneExplorer, a Java app or another desktop utility? (on either Windows or Linux)

I've not yet tried using any export/import software. Do any of them allow the exporting of a message which can then be edited (timestamp and body) before being put back? -- this would hopefully do the trick..

Many many thanks in advance for any help

(I'd originally tried searching for answers here and on Google, then posted on the MyPhoneExplorer thread after not having much luck. Just trying the question here in the open. Hopefully no-one objects to me doing this! )
centur
C902 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-01-11 01:11

On 2009-01-10 22:14:14, IDNTA wrote:
I didn't fully understand that when I "saved" a message on my K800i that it'd actually *move* it from the original folder (into "Saved Messages"), not just save a copy of it. This has now broken the flow of replies I'd created and I'd like to put it back.

Would it be possible to export the saved message from the SIM card, then import it back to the original folder (Sent Items) with MyPhoneExplorer, a Java app or another desktop utility? (on either Windows or Linux)

I've not yet tried using any export/import software. Do any of them allow the exporting of a message which can then be edited (timestamp and body) before being put back? -- this would hopefully do the trick..

Many many thanks in advance for any help

(I'd originally tried searching for answers here and on Google, then posted on the MyPhoneExplorer thread after not having much luck. Just trying the question here in the open. Hopefully no-one objects to me doing this! )

Use MyPhoneExplorer and copy message to Archive, then copy again to Saved or move in Inbox (or draft if you will).
IDNTA
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-01-11 12:59
Many thanks for the help, centur

So you're saying that it should be perfectly possible to export the message from the Saved Messages folder on the SIM using MyPhoneExplorer, then to just dump it straight back into Sent Items?
Nuffy
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-05-25 17:18
I also have this problem on my Sony Ericsson (w810i)

So it is really impossible to move items back to the phone Inbox (other than the workaround using a computer). Is this for a reason? Otherwise it's a very strange design flaw. Not being able to restore items... I can't believe it's impossible.
[ This Message was edited by: Nuffy on 2009-05-25 16:28 ]
coolharsh55
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-05-25 18:19
yes, it is not possible to do that using the phone, we have to use myphone explorer to do that
also group messages are sent better with myphone than the phone itself...

humour is what makes me laugh...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coolharsh55
K810 R8BA Ghost Citybeat v1.4 =>>>
http://www.4shared.com/dir/7615294/d07685ac/sharing.html
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi