Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Sound Notification for Incoming Email Error

Author Sound Notification for Incoming Email Error
BigFeat
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-01-03 01:30
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I am not getting any sound notification for incoming emails. I have sound for new sms messages only. I double checked the settings and the "play sound" box is checked.

Once I get a new message, I do see the red number notification next to the envelope, but again no sound. I'd appreciate some feedback one this.
Breathe iT__Smell iT__Taste iT__Feel iT

B I G F E A T E N T E R T A I N M E N T
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-01-03 17:42
What about the "Sounds" tab in the Settings->Sounds & Notifications ? Do you have everything enabled there too ?

My sound profile program lets me set different volume levels for System, Ringer, and SMS. Maybe you have one of those volumes turned down ?
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-01-03 18:54

On 2009-01-03 17:42:29, WhyBe wrote:
What about the "Sounds" tab in the Settings->Sounds & Notifications ? Do you have everything enabled there too ?

My sound profile program lets me set different volume levels for System, Ringer, and SMS. Maybe you have one of those volumes turned down ?

The same here! I have all enabled (besides screen and buttons).
And no sound at all.
a w a r e
BigFeat
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-01-03 20:49
Everything is enabled. I get the new SMS sound notification and obviously a ring from from an incoming call. It's just that any sound assigned to "Messaging: new-email..." does not work when I get a new email.

doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-01-03 21:11

On 2009-01-03 20:49:45, BigFeat wrote:
Everything is enabled. I get the new SMS sound notification and obviously a ring from from an incoming call. It's just that any sound assigned to "Messaging: new-email..." does not work when I get a new email.

Me too the same.
a w a r e
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-01-03 23:33
What sound file are you using for the notification? Maybe that file is no good or has a really low volume.
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-01-04 12:52

On 2009-01-03 23:33:35, WhyBe wrote:
What sound file are you using for the notification? Maybe that file is no good or has a really low volume.

Just tell us if it works for you!
I have a suspicion it works with scheduled email receiving, when it appears by itself,
not when you update mails manually...
I have a standard sounds availlable in the device, no chance to make mistake in this regard. It just doesn't work when I update manually.
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-01-04 16:38
How are you guys scheduling your email downloads? Push, Scheduled or Manual ?

All of my emails are pushed to me by Live as they are received. Each time, I get a sound notification.

Are you expecting it to notify you when there is something to download? I don't think manual works that way. Not sure if scheduled does that, but it would make sense if it did.
BigFeat
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-01-04 18:51
Ok. It appears that the email notification is being announced about 70% of the time now. I'm using Win Live so it is being announced with push-email. There are moments where it doesn't work at all. For some odd reason, it appears to be getting progressively better, but there is not on thing that I had done differently. More importantly, it is announcing the notification even while I'm using another app. I personally think this was some kind of glitch that may not be unique to my handset.

doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-01-04 18:54

On 2009-01-04 16:38:55, WhyBe wrote:
How are you guys scheduling your email downloads? Push, Scheduled or Manual ?

All of my emails are pushed to me by Live as they are received. Each time, I get a sound notification.

Are you expecting it to notify you when there is something to download? I don't think manual works that way. Not sure if scheduled does that, but it would make sense if it did.

That's what I mean! I ONLY do it manually so I expect there's no sound for that..
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-01-05 00:37
^^^ If your doing it manually, then there's no way for the X1 to know if there's something to download.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi