Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > X1, Bold or iPhone 3g?

Previous  123  Next
Author X1, Bold or iPhone 3g?
gforce23
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2008-12-17 08:26
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2008-12-17 00:25:10, ofiaich wrote:
Hi!

there are a few threads over at XDA about installing BB on Wm devices, another here

Thanks for the links but they seem to talk about installing BB Connect on the Touch HD. BerryReview's article (linked in my previous post) talks about using the entire BB OS 4.2 on a WinMo phone.
Satio, X1, P1i, HTC Hero, Blokia N900, N97 mini, N95-2, Crackberry Curve 8900 (corporate)
justus333
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-12-17 12:48
Well, Im a Iphone 2g owner and for the old love to Sony/// sake I bought a X1 and well, sold it after 2 days. So IŽll be waiting for the next generation Iphone as I think no phone comes close in user friendlyness and comfort of everyday use! In those regards the X1 was a BIG dissapointment. Dont know about the bold though, but stick to the IPhone until the next Generation IPhone arrives!

anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2008-12-17 14:11
Are you getting bored of hearing the same thing over and over, Whybe?
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-12-17 14:55
well personally dogmann I see it like this: iphone user's are more often than not the one's who like to skite about the exclusive club they belong to (though I must say I don't put Boinng in that class at all - Boinng please don't think I am referring to you at all).

X1 users such as whybe are just WM users who are pleased to have some of the SE style in a WM handset. I don't think whybe is saying X1 is the ducks gut's and that everyone should have one. He, like me, is probably just sick of people bitching on about the X1 just because it's NOT all things for all people. We KNOW it's not all things for all people, and we are sensible enough to recognise it's virtues without needing it to be perfect in all respects.

Infact I would class whybe, and find it hard to understand how anyone could see different, as one of the more rational X1 owners. He's certainly not an "apologist" for the X1. Boinng's word I believe from one of our past stoushes

[ This Message was edited by: max_wedge on 2008-12-17 13:55 ]
MWEB
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-17 15:20
There's a great deal of truth in what Dogmann says IMO, senior members and staff on here would do well to take on board some of those criticisms and start to be a lot more pro-active in countering some of the more hardcore fanboy elements, rather than just closing threads down and hoping for the best!!
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-12-17 15:26
Yes I agree, but I thought his inclusion of whybe was unwarranted. Otherwise I agree with him.

I'm the first one to agree about rampant fanboyism. I'm just as eager to complain about rampant negativism about SE and other OEM's. The two often go hand in hand but not always. Often the people criticising people for SE fanboyism find it difficult to contain their own Nokia or Apple fanboyism.

It shit's me when you can't defend a phone or brand (using logic and reason) without being thought of as a fanboy. So I agree with you 100% but let's not turn it into an either or proposition.

[ This Message was edited by: max_wedge on 2008-12-17 14:38 ]
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2008-12-17 16:02
I think we all need to lighten up.

That said, WhyBe's post above made me laugh because it was so completely unwarranted. The post he was replying to was perfectly reasonable, fact based (in that it was an account of that person's direct experience), polite, entirely relevant to the topic, not antagonistic in any way - so why that response from WhyBe?

Oh wait - the poster favoured the iPhone against the X1! Therefore, it goes without saying that they must be fanboy! So fair game, right? Isn't that the law here, now?
MWEB
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-17 16:11
I like the example set by the Blackberry enthusiasts here on Esato, they chat quite happily amongst themselves in their own section, totally content with the attributes of their chosen brand, without ever feeling the need to sprawl all around the forum ramming their preferences down the throats of any potential purchasers
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2008-12-17 16:23
But that sort of attitude doesn't really help the OP of this thread, who's asking for a variety of opinions on the Blackberry, iPhone, and X1 combined, does it?

It seems to me more than a little sad that there should be anyone on this forum who doesn't feel free to post their own opinion on any relevant thread. It's equally sad that there may be other posters who want to pigeonhole and marginalise those people to stop them from posting, seemingly afraid of what they might say.

This is a discussion forum. Let's discuss.

[ This Message was edited by: Boinng on 2008-12-17 15:24 ]
MWEB
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-17 16:25
It's less a matter of "boxing people up" and more a case of "keeping people where their wanted", but i agree, it's time to move on
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-17 16:58
@max wedge:
Thanks for your post in defense of me.

@Dogmann and Boinng:
You guys are over-defensive. I said "crickets and frogs" and somehow you've done an entire psychoanalysis of what I was thinking. Inaccurately, I might add.

My response was in agreement with Justus333. I was not bashing him at all. He made a very good point about the iPhone. A point that I have repeated many times on this board and even last week in this thread on inxperia.com

People say iPhone is inferior because of a lack of "feature A" or "feature B". When, in reality, iPhones trump card has never been in it's feature set.

I, personally, don't mind sacrificing a little user-friendliness for the sexy power of the X1 though.

[ This Message was edited by: WhyBe on 2008-12-17 16:00 ]
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2008-12-17 17:41
...crickets and frogs............
C905
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-12-17 17:51
If you want fun and intertainment on so on, then Iphone 3G is the way to go.
Going for X1 are the qwerty-keyboard and better featureset, but then you wont have a nice UI and a big screen
As for the Blackberry, I really can't comment, because we don't have them in Denmark
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-17 17:56

On 2008-12-17 17:41:11, Boinng wrote:
...crickets and frogs............

Just for that...you're a fanboy!
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2008-12-17 17:59
but WhyBe, I was ony expressing my full and sincere agreement!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi