Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > Debranding Orange C905

Author Debranding Orange C905
huggons
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2009-02-12 23:43
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi

I have got a new c905 from vodafone on r1ba038 (unlocked to any network) and would like to load the newest version of 3 firmware for the uk so i can use skype / msn / planet 3. would be great if someone could give me some tips / help of how to go about this and if the phone would be locked to 3.

cheers guys
steventkaz
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-02-19 16:20
I just debranded my C905, which I just bought from Vodafone , using the "recommend step" of course, and I would like to thank the guy posted the tutorial!

God bless you!
duffy1807
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-02-20 01:05
Hello guys , hope you all are ok

Well this is my first post, and i would just like to say, a special thanks for the guide that has helped my unbrand my Orange c905, i am so glad to get rid of the hidous menu that orange uses, the icons where so horrible. But now i dont have to see them anymore

Gutted about the memory game that orange provided me that i paid £4 for, haha, after the flash, i forgot about the game. but nevermind, theirs 3 new games on my phone to play with now.

Cant wait to put sum flash themes on my phone now , thank you guys
CF2790
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-02-25 09:54
This is freaking fab!!

(im a long time user but have totally forgotten my username etc so this is new )

My new C905 is now de-branded and is the sexiest phone ever!!

Question....

Would I need a new XML file for each model SE handset?

Also, would de-branding the handset also unlock it to be used with any SIM?

My Voda is unlocked anyway but like making an Orange SE phone able to use an o2 SIM for example?
CF2790
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-02-25 10:02
Btw, i can now love this site direct on my mobile woohoo!
TomEngland
C905 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-02-26 22:16
Hi guys, i recentaly got my new C905 and am quite nervous about Debranding it from Orange UK. I have the GDA code from Orange in case anything goes wrong and i've been wondereding how do i restore my Orange Frimware if needs be? and also i have the Custom_upgrade.xml file and in the told directory i also have a Custom.xml file or something like that, do i need to move that, delete it or does that not affect my Debrand?

Any past experiences with Debranding for reassurance would be appricated aswell, thankyou

Tom
alexlindley
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-02-26 23:05

On 2009-02-26 22:16:34, TomEngland wrote:
Hi guys, i recentaly got my new C905 and am quite nervous about Debranding it from Orange UK. I have the GDA code from Orange in case anything goes wrong and i've been wondereding how do i restore my Orange Frimware if needs be? and also i have the Custom_upgrade.xml file and in the told directory i also have a Custom.xml file or something like that, do i need to move that, delete it or does that not affect my Debrand?

Any past experiences with Debranding for reassurance would be appricated aswell, thankyou

Tom

I did exactly the same thing, debranded my Orange C905, it worked a treat. I copied the customize_upgrade.xml to the place it says in the earlier post and then unconnected the phone turned it on, turned it off then updated with the latest unbranded firmware on SEUS. No need to remove the custom.xml thats already there just copy in the new one to that dir.
TomEngland
C905 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-02-27 08:32

I did exactly the same thing, debranded my Orange C905, it worked a treat. I copied the customize_upgrade.xml to the place it says in the earlier post and then unconnected the phone turned it on, turned it off then updated with the latest unbranded firmware on SEUS. No need to remove the custom.xml thats already there just copy in the new one to that dir.

Well i put my trust in you, and, Thankyou!! Thankyou no end, you can rest from now one knowing you made my life that little bit better.
YOU GENIUS'!! Thankyou!!!

one More question, if i had to take it back to Orange for Warrenty do i need to install Orange Firmware? and if so How?
gregpot2000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-02-27 09:13
technically yes, although in truth they will never actually notice or say anything about it, i have returned 4 phones now with various problems and orange have never noticed.

although thats not to say they wouldnt try use it as an excuse against you to avoid having to pay out on the warranty, but it is very unlikely they would do this
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2009-02-27 13:14
I can't tell you how hideous the branding was on the Orange fw, I'm so glad I got rid of it, its like a different phone altogether. Thanks to the tutorial it all went swimmingly.

Oh, and I have ordered three 'Cyber-shot' stickers (1 + 2 spares) for the front of the phone to replace the 'Orange C905' one that is currently below the display - they should be here in about 5 days, all being well.

I'll let you guys know how it goes and I'll post before and after pics.
Knight UK
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-02-27 15:30

On 2009-02-27 13:14:36, goldenface wrote:
I can't tell you how hideous the branding was on the Orange fw, I'm so glad I got rid of it, its like a different phone altogether. Thanks to the tutorial it all went swimmingly.

Oh, and I have ordered three 'Cyber-shot' stickers (1 + 2 spares) for the front of the phone to replace the 'Orange C905' one that is currently below the display - they should be here in about 5 days, all being well.

I'll let you guys know how it goes and I'll post before and after pics.

Didn't know you could do that! I hate the orange branding too.. I just cant understand why they ruin every phone they sell with stupid ugly firmware.
jumbocod
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-03-01 16:35
goldenface - where did you order the 'cyber-shot' stickers from?

I would like to do that too to completely get rid of the orange branding.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2009-03-02 19:31

On 2009-03-01 16:35:19, jumbocod wrote:
goldenface - where did you order the 'cyber-shot' stickers from?

I would like to do that too to completely get rid of the orange branding.

mobiltec24.de

I ordered them on Friday and they arrived from Germany today so it was quite quick. They take paypal an all.

[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2009-03-02 18:41 ]
robbie1
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2009-03-02 19:48
hi all i have debranded before...but recently got a replacement and have unlocked the phone first so i can use any sim,now i want to debrand the horrid orange rubbish,,will this overwrite the sim freee option i now have??or will it just get rid of the orange and keep it unlocked
regards
robbie
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2009-03-02 19:59
@robbie1

It will stay unlocked after debranding.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi