Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > K850i screen dead (help)

Author K850i screen dead (help)
-Stu-
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-11-07 13:58
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
yesterday morning i tried to send a test message, half way through the screen went dead but the keys stayed lit, i left the phone for a minute or so and the key lights also turned off. so i pressed a button and all was normal - well if i pressed a button on the left hand side of the phone the screen would switch off/buttons stay lit etc but the right hand side buttons were fine. its like the fone is attempting to go into standby mode.

unluckily by the end of the day the screen now wont activate at all, which leaves me with a problem, i assume the phone needs to be sent back to be fixed, so i need to somehow backup my contacts to either my memory card or to a computer - is this possible without screen activation??
gkay09
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-11-07 14:02
You could try reflashing your phone ie reloading the firmware ...you can do this by using the sony software update tool...well you can jus give it a try...mayb if the softwware mite have been corrupted...but make sure to backup all ur stuffs from the phone...if this dint work then bad luck..
P1i+8GB M2+1GB M2 and my Nokia2300
-Stu-
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-11-07 14:05
thats the problem, the screen wont activate for me to see what buttons to press to back everything up

[ This Message was edited by: -Stu- on 2008-11-07 13:06 ]
gkay09
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-11-07 14:10
use the SE computer software and backup the data onto urcomp..mostly you would have to press the soft key ..just give it a try...
P1i+8GB M2+1GB M2 and my Nokia2300
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi