Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Contacts backup from UIQ3 to non-Symbian SE phone

Author Contacts backup from UIQ3 to non-Symbian SE phone
merwyn
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-10-17 22:03
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hello all

I use a P1i and I plan to buy a non-Symbian phone as a backup phone and as a replacement for nights out, etc. I 'm looking for a way to regularly back-up contacts and perhaps calendar from the former to the latter.

I've considered
1. PC Suite - not sure if it is possible to install two versions of PC Suite on one PC, and even if it is, I'd rather avoid syncing to and from Outlook
2. Bluetooth or IR transfer - too cumbersome

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
merwyn
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-10-17 22:21
SIM swapping won't work either due to SIM restrictions (number of contacts and details per contact).
strizlow800
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-10-18 01:58
Ooh that can be painful as I plan to switch my P1 for a C905 soon. Anyway, you can try using My Phone Explorer to extract the phonebook from the phone in 1 file. And then open it with the nonsmartphone.

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=105374
Sony Ericsson software/hardware support!

Phone Flashing Tutorial (DB2020 CID49/51/52)
makbil
P990
PM
Posted: 2008-10-19 22:17
If you get a SE non-smartphone, you can just transfer contacts in bulk (select all -> send as bluetooth). This only works between SE phones, with any other phone you have to send the items one at a time. Besides, you are bound to have some problems with fields as the P1 allows for multiple mobile numbers not supported by many other brands.
P990i: A mistake, a curse and a disgrace So I lowered my expectations and settled for a P1i. I couldn't keep my expectations so low for a long time so now I have an HTC Touch HD
amanhotep
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2008-10-22 07:12
The more easier way Bro,is backup ur whole contact in P1i,and that file (.csv format),save it to memory card.
So,you can transfer that file to another devices,such like smartphones or PC,via bluetooth or anyelse.
If you want to extract the file,just open it in another device.
It will extracted and saved in its contact folder.
dancingfate
K700
PM
Posted: 2008-10-22 07:18

On 2008-10-17 22:03:33, merwyn wrote:
Hello all

I use a P1i and I plan to buy a non-Symbian phone as a backup phone and as a replacement for nights out, etc. I 'm looking for a way to regularly back-up contacts and perhaps calendar from the former to the latter.

I've considered
1. PC Suite - not sure if it is possible to install two versions of PC Suite on one PC, and even if it is, I'd rather avoid syncing to and from Outlook
2. Bluetooth or IR transfer - too cumbersome

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Use PC Suite, that's an easy thing.
I installed 3 kind of SE PC Suites in my computer : one for Symbian, one for A200 and latest generation of A100, and another one for old model like K750/W800.
And all the pc suites are working well.
fallhua
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-10-22 16:09
i wonder if you can use shozu to backup and restore your contacts.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi