Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > HBH-DS980 not working well with K800i, tutorial please!

Author HBH-DS980 not working well with K800i, tutorial please!
milstein
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-09-12 03:27
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum... here's my story:
I was use my K800i that I got in 2006 from Hong Kong without major problem. (i.e. the K800i firmware can display Chinese traditional, and Japanese characters).
And recently, I bought a Sony Ericsson Stereo Bluetooth headset HBH-DS980 in the USA. It can pair up with my K800i, but here's the following errors:

1. When I start to use the HBH-DS980 (power-on, and pair with K800i), then K800i plays music with the internal phone's speakers only; I have to unpair or select other device, and then pair up again in order to make K800i stream music into HBH-DS980.
2. I cannot access phonebook, or call records of K800i from the HBH-DS980. Every time, I can just get the crossed out icons of phonebook / call-records after the wait. (Not to mention if I can see the names in Contact list of the phonebook)
3. I cannot see the song name of the songs being played... in HBH-9DS80.

Then I found this forum and the lots of useful information here!
Apart from solving the above problems, I want to do the followings too:
4. Use HBH-980 to listen to the radio of K800i without the factory headset plugin (I know this can be possible as there is a radio-without-headest mod, but I don't know how to apply it...)
5. Mod the camera, and video recorder to have higher quality and then MP4 output...

I am totally new to Sony Ericsson Phone modding...
I am wondering do I have to give K800i a whole new system before I can use those normal functions in 1, 2, 3

I searched for forum but I can just found a tutorial for modding the phone menu interface, while other resources for driver update, and the whole firmware modifications are spread out without some obvious tutorials to me...
Please point me to those resources, and tutorials so that I can begin modding my K800i to work well with my HBH-DS980!

Thanks a lot!

[ This Message was edited by: milstein on 2008-09-12 05:33 ]
rontysee
Sony Xperia P
PM
Posted: 2008-09-12 04:47
I'm also getting a problem when i try to access phonebook/call log of my p990 via the headphones. But i do get the info like song name, caller info etc. I assumed that only a100/a200 phone's phonebook could be accessed. But if there is any procedure to use this feature, i'm not aware of it.
centur
C902 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-09-13 15:06

On 2008-09-12 03:27:36, milstein wrote:
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum... here's my story:
I was use my K800i that I got in 2006 from Hong Kong without major problem. (i.e. the K800i firmware can display Chinese traditional, and Japanese characters).
And recently, I bought a Sony Ericsson Stereo Bluetooth headset HBH-DS980 in the USA. It can pair up with my K800i, but here's the following errors:

1. When I start to use the HBH-DS980 (power-on, and pair with K800i), then K800i plays music with the internal phone's speakers only; I have to unpair or select other device, and then pair up again in order to make K800i stream music into HBH-DS980.
2. I cannot access phonebook, or call records of K800i from the HBH-DS980. Every time, I can just get the crossed out icons of phonebook / call-records after the wait. (Not to mention if I can see the names in Contact list of the phonebook)
3. I cannot see the song name of the songs being played... in HBH-9DS80.

Then I found this forum and the lots of useful information here!
Apart from solving the above problems, I want to do the followings too:
4. Use HBH-980 to listen to the radio of K800i without the factory headset plugin (I know this can be possible as there is a radio-without-headest mod, but I don't know how to apply it...)
5. Mod the camera, and video recorder to have higher quality and then MP4 output...

I am totally new to Sony Ericsson Phone modding...
I am wondering do I have to give K800i a whole new system before I can use those normal functions in 1, 2, 3

I searched for forum but I can just found a tutorial for modding the phone menu interface, while other resources for driver update, and the whole firmware modifications are spread out without some obvious tutorials to me...
Please point me to those resources, and tutorials so that I can begin modding my K800i to work well with my HBH-DS980!

Thanks a lot!

[ This Message was edited by: milstein on 2008-09-12 05:33 ]

1. Turn off HBH-DS980. Hold again switch button and when start seraching device/s press Voice call/Answer button and On/Off button together and wait to switch off.
On K800 open: Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Bluetooth > My devices > and delete HBH-DS980
Restart K800 ( turn off and again turn on ) and then turn on Bluetooth
Hold On/Off button on HBH-DS980 and wait to connect with K800.

2. HBH-DS980 can show phone book only in english ( when call - no problem with languages ).

3. Open your song/s with Winamp and click Auto-Tag then Save ( must have ID3v1 and ID3v2).

4. No, cann't listen radio with Bluetooth headset - only smartphones ( P990, P1, W960 .. )

5. Just change camera driver.

milstein
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-09-13 21:21
Thanks all for the reply!
For 4. The radio without headset mod is for playing through the internal speakers of K800i only? i.e. but not through the bluetooth headset?
oms_alkaff
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2009-10-24 11:36
Thanks ,
I really appreciate you (centur) to solve my problem in G900 by follow your steps .
pt020
W800
PM
Posted: 2009-10-24 13:24

4. No, cann't listen radio with Bluetooth headset - only smartphones ( P990, P1, W960 .. )

no you can not listen to a radio without the wire on my P1i
this is the message you get when you try it

the only way to listen to radio with this phone (p1i) is internet radio .

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi