Esato

Forum > General discussions > Product reviews > Samsung i450 review

Author Samsung i450 review
QVGA
Nokia Lumia 1020
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-09-11 07:53
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi all and this is my 2nd review here. This time its my new phone, the samsung i450. Lets get to the point.
The box it came in was really one of the smallest i've seen. Included in were data cable, headsets, charger, CD and manual. The headsets are of abysmal quality. The data cable and charger go in the same socket pictured below. Its a challenge to get the data cable out as its almost stuck in there. Data transfer speeds were up to 4MB/sec, and the phone can be used as mass storage.
Construction wise its typical samsung quality. The phone feels really great, no wobbling slider, no nothing. The slider is on the tight side and it can take some effort to open it. The keypad is flat, almost RAZRish type. But the only difference here is that these are actually good to type on. Not very good to blind type as its difficult to tell where one key ends and the other begins. The keys make a distinct click sound aswell when pressed, something i dont really like, because then i cant SMS during a class . The opposite slider opens another much fancier media player. You can scroll the tracks with the rubberised speaker grill, which IMO is there for nothing but show off. Its way too hard to press, especially when scrolling through 400 songs. The D-pad just on the right side is a much much more efficient option to use.
Coming to the interface. Its typical nokia S60 stuff with different icons. I immediately realized how much i missed S60 when i used this. I wasnt too fond of UIQ. The UI speed is very high due to the 330Mhz CPU. The media player is also typical S60 stuff. The samsung media player offers you to change the color from red to blue, different visualizations and eq presets. There are 14 eq settings, and the ability to customize them isnt there. What a bummer! Quality through wired headsets is very good and very loud. Quality through A2DP is questionable. I was constantly hearing a shrill sound in the background with my DS970 headphones. I dont know what the reason is.
Call quality is great too. Its much louder than W950. There is a whisper mode when during a call which I think is fantastic. Each and every person i tested this on said that it was like my voice is amplified and they could hear me much better. The handset supports EDGE which i dearly missed in W950. 3G is also there.
The camera is 2MP. Its best put to be called average. It just gets the job done. Video is recorded in CIF at about 400kbps compared to 800kbps of my old N71.

darknoob
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-09-11 08:58
Nice reveiew.
How's its audio quality compared to w950 ?
QVGA
Nokia Lumia 1020
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-09-11 09:36
Well for starters its louder, and it feels more dynamic. Like now i feel in W950 there was something covering the headphones and in i450 its not.
Also i forgot to mention that the search feature in W950 was useless, it only searched by the first word, but here it searches through the song name.
For example if there's a song called "Big deal" and another called "deal or no deal". Searching for 'deal' in W950 would only bring up deal or no deal.
deepsme
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-09-11 09:42
Oh...the Aamir Khan phone eh?..almost forgot about this...nice review!

btw how much did you get it for?
here, have a puff
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi