Previous  123 456 ... 272829  Next
Author Keitai Corner
Robis
W880 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-10-11 19:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2008-10-09 03:23:47, clauf wrote:
BALLER MAN I love that phone. Best looking phone NEC ever made...

Anyways, jeez that SO907i is looking VERY unusual... will be very interested to actually see the real product.

Buy, if You wanna. More details PM
ofiaich
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2008-10-11 21:45
Hi!

can you update the front page to comment on this ? Posted a while back..

On 2008-10-04 21:02:46, ofiaich wrote:
Hi!

Q: What is NTT DoCoMo, Softbank, AU by KDDI, and Willcom

how does EMobile fit in with the other providers.

I know they have been around in the mobile phone market in March 2007

More information on them here and products here

Ofiaich

Ofiaich
clauf
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2008-10-11 23:02

On 2008-10-11 21:45:27, ofiaich wrote:
Hi!

can you update the front page to comment on this ? Posted a while back..

On 2008-10-04 21:02:46, ofiaich wrote:
Hi!

Q: What is NTT DoCoMo, Softbank, AU by KDDI, and Willcom

how does EMobile fit in with the other providers.

I know they have been around in the mobile phone market in March 2007

More information on them here and products here

Ofiaich

Ofiaich

Sorry about that... I actually haven't heard about this company until you brought it up. Looking at their product portfolio, they don't have a few phones and most of them are older phones from other carriers or phone we have internationally (i.e. Diamond).

Until they actually penetrate the Japanese market like DoCoMo, Softbank, Au by KDDI, and Willcom (in which I shouldn't really do updates about, but their phones are quite amazing [a few of them]), I won't place it as a main Japanese operator.

@Robis:
Not interested in buying it HAHA but I am interested in a few photos =D

[ This Message was edited by: clauf on 2008-10-11 22:03 ]
ofiaich
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2008-10-12 01:01
Hi!

Sorry about that... I actually haven't heard about this company until you brought it up. Looking at their product portfolio, they don't have a few phones and most of them are older phones from other carriers or phone we have internationally (i.e. Diamond).

Until they actually penetrate the Japanese market like DoCoMo, Softbank, Au by KDDI, and Willcom (in which I shouldn't really do updates about, but their phones are quite amazing [a few of them]), I won't place it as a main Japanese operator.

You can see their info and products in the stores that have info about all the providers, like a UK cpw.

Last March, I saw many shops with their products and plans in Shinjuku, Gunma ken and Nagano.

They seem to becoming popular but purely because of enticing price plans...

Enjoying the thread !

Ofiaich

xell
W880 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-10-14 19:45
There is an AU by KDDI device from Sony Ericsson coming soon, the W64s. It sports an RFID receiver.

Coming soon means within the next half year. I guess earlier than later...

goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2008-10-15 10:13
Interesting but why the FCC?

edit: Drat, I can't log in to view the image.

[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2008-10-15 09:14 ]
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2008-10-15 11:29
If you able to check out the RFID declaration letter put in FCC.
it seem to claim it will be disable when its at Canada

the statement does stated clearly this is OEM for KDDI.

Just maybe ...maybe it is regulation by FCC tht product tht can roaming at USA need to declare? of course i am not sure....but beside unique outlook or wide screen....RFID seem to be something new....but well we have heard Japan want to bring those thing into their phone for a long time....i guess its not unique to this SE product.
clauf
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2008-10-16 05:47

On 2008-10-15 11:29:14, c96sthl wrote:

Just maybe ...maybe it is regulation by FCC tht product tht can roaming at USA need to declare? of course i am not sure....but beside unique outlook or wide screen....RFID seem to be something new....but well we have heard Japan want to bring those thing into their phone for a long time....i guess its not unique to this SE product.

Exactly.

And on another note, the SH907i or now might be named as SH-01 or SH-01A has also passed the FCC. So the previous rumor of the phone having 8.1 MP AF CCD Sensor is now a fact: see below:

Of course, you can see a MicroSD (MicroSDHD presumably since the 905i and 906i already has it) slot placed in a not so convenient location. But nevertheless, it's there. Also take a look at the LED flash (sigh... but there are no xenon flash phones in Japan). The phone will also have Dolby Pro Logic II.

I'm sure the next Sharp phone for Softbank will have similar specifications, but perhaps, pretty different looks.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2008-10-16 10:12
Some rare images of the W64s, due to be announced on AU in the coming weeks:

goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2008-10-16 12:18
KDDI has 3D handset screen

By Tony Dennis: Friday, 10 October 2008, 10:24 AM

A REPORT from the Ceatec 2008 show in Japan recently revealed that mobile network operator KDDI had a prototype 3D OLED screen primarily aimed at mobile phones.

Measuring 3.1 inches, it is capable of showing video and still images in 3D without the need for those stupid glasses.

Apparently, it achieves this feat by utilising two separate LCD displays. One display outputs an image for the right eye while the other serves the left eye.

According to a report on Physorg, the prototype has a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels. µ

source: theinquirer
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2008-10-16 18:53
Rumour has it that SE will not be entering into further agreements with NTTDocomo and will no longer be making handsets for this huge Japanese Operator.

More news as it comes.
clauf
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2008-10-17 03:08
Not surprised. I would really advise Sony Ericsson to continue the Japanese market by starting to design/produce phones for Softbank. For Softbank, Sony Ericsson can use their own software platform, as long as the platform can support the Japanese programs/network such as 1-Seg. Sony Ericsson Japan and Sony Ericsson can then finally work together in producing phones for the entire world, with a touch of Japanese design and innovation.
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2008-10-17 04:00

On 2008-10-16 05:47:14, clauf wrote:

On 2008-10-15 11:29:14, c96sthl wrote:

Exactly.

And on another note, the SH907i or now might be named as SH-01 or SH-01A has also passed the FCC. So the previous rumor of the phone having 8.1 MP AF CCD Sensor is now a fact: see below:

Of course, you can see a MicroSD (MicroSDHD presumably since the 905i and 906i already has it) slot placed in a not so convenient location. But nevertheless, it's there. Also take a look at the LED flash (sigh... but there are no xenon flash phones in Japan). The phone will also have Dolby Pro Logic II.

I'm sure the next Sharp phone for Softbank will have similar specifications, but perhaps, pretty different looks.

Now this is what we call the real killer, CCD and 28mm wide!
10 years at Esato
clauf
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2008-10-17 09:19

On 2008-10-17 04:00:35, razec wrote:

Now this is what we call the real killer, CCD and 28mm wide!

Agreed. According to DoCoMo insiders, the actual phone feels much thinner than the SH906i, even considering with the huge camera.

I hope confidence that this will become the best camera phone for a long time, just like the 903SH (best 3.2 mp camera phone). While it doesn't have Sony Ericsson's Xenon and Photo LED Flash and the gimmicks of Samsung, it has the a true camera lens. Hopefully, other companies will take note. I also hope that this will be the catalyst to better camera phones in Japan. After the 903SH, Japan has focused a lot on 1-Seg Mobile Television, ditching image quality. Let's hope that changes. =)
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2008-10-17 11:14
A lot of the Docomo phones are very similare, I hope SE can concentrate on making better phones for KDDI.

The Sharp lens look quite big. I bet the snaps are amazing.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 456 ... 272829  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic