Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > LG's KC910 Renoir - the new Viewty

Author LG's KC910 Renoir - the new Viewty
QVGA
Nokia Lumia 1020
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-09-09 05:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2008-09-09 02:50:20, >500 wrote:

On 2008-09-08 19:59:59, QVGA wrote:
There are still who think C905 is better. Pity.

people never learn..... having better specs on paper does NOT make it a better phone.

You can keep saying that but it wont make the C905 better. VGA at 30FPS is better than QVGA, whether thats on paper or not.
soane28
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-09-09 05:24
This is certainly better than the C905. SE are behind again whether you accept that or not.

The only advantage would be that SE's xenon flash will be stronger, LGs flashes have been crap.
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2008-09-09 05:31
^^ add to that he flashy yet weak and less functional UI of the LG that'll make users bored after months of use not to mention that lack of multitasking which imo is very important for all phones nowadays (with open OS or not)
10 years at Esato
QVGA
Nokia Lumia 1020
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-09-09 05:47
If it even remotely as flashy as KF600 then its impossible to get bored IMO
marty mcfly
Z770 Red
PM
Posted: 2008-09-09 08:49
On 2008-09-09 05:09:10, QVGA wrote:

You can keep saying that but it wont make the C905 better. VGA at 30FPS is better than QVGA, whether thats on paper or not.

[/quote]

I'm sorry but you are wrong on this. Just because it has better video capture, it isn't guaranteed to be a better phone to use, and that's the most important thing. Who cares about the amazing specs if it is a pain to use? It is supposed to be a Mobile Phone after all, not just a camera.

I owned a Viewty and the UI, I found to be terrible on the whole. There was no file management. The phone put things where it wanted and you couldn't even sort files by name.

It couldn't handle my music. With 200 songs on the memory card, it was so slow, it took 45 SECONDS to load all the music if you switched between artists, albums etc.

The camera playback mode brought in ALL media on the phone instead of the pics and vids from the camera. This slowed it down to a crawl.

To enter numbers during a call you had to unlock the phone, then select the number pad, then enter numbers. By the time you've done all that you had to start again.

The SE has by contrast a UI that does everything quickly and efficiently. Yes the specs are much lower, but I can organise my files how I like, actually use the muisc player with more than 5 songs on it, make phone calls easily, and basically enjoy using it without frustration.

My first concern when buying a phone is not its video capture, its whether I can live with it day to day. I suppose if you got annoyed by its lack of usability, you could always capture a VGA video, and admire how it is 1.5" bigger on your PC Screen That'll make up for everything I'm sure.

And on a childish note, Renoir is stupidest name for a phone ever
Dextrr
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-09-09 09:48
marty:

I owned a viewty KE990 (the non-3G version) for over 4 months and just recently gave it to my younger brother. I did not experience anything you mentioned. It's a brilliant phone. The only con I can think of is the battery life which I can forgive because of the size of the screen. Maybe you had a faulty unit?

If you folks think SE's UI is flashy, wait till you see Viewty's. Pure eye candy and very functional. I am impressed with the current Viewty's performance and will definately be buying the Renoire when it's released. It's just too slim and sexy to pass up with all the high-tech gadgetry. LG have come a long way and their products are top notch now a days.
marty mcfly
Z770 Red
PM
Posted: 2008-09-09 10:27

On 2008-09-09 09:48:20, Dextrr wrote:
marty:

I owned a viewty KE990 (the non-3G version) for over 4 months and just recently gave it to my younger brother. I did not experience anything you mentioned. It's a brilliant phone. The only con I can think of is the battery life which I can forgive because of the size of the screen. Maybe you had a faulty unit?

If you folks think SE's UI is flashy, wait till you see Viewty's. Pure eye candy and very functional. I am impressed with the current Viewty's performance and will definately be buying the Renoire when it's released. It's just too slim and sexy to pass up with all the high-tech gadgetry. LG have come a long way and their products are top notch now a days.

I had 2 and they were both the same.
Besides, lack of file management is not going to be caused by a fault. Neither is the poor in call interface. The slow media player is just the way it is. I had something like 400 songs on the phone and it couldn't cope. My K810 has no trouble. A work colleague has the Viewty and has the same frustrations with Media. It would work okay with about 30 songs, but why should I do that?
-PERFECT-
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-09-09 14:16

On 2008-09-09 08:49:39, marty mcfly wrote:
Just because it has better video capture, it isn't guaranteed to be a better phone to use, and that's the most important thing. Who cares about the amazing specs if it is a pain to use? It is supposed to be a [b] Mobile Phone

And if C905 hasn’t better video capture it isn’t guaranteed it will be a better phone to use.
A sure thing is that KC910 will have better video capabilitys, and this not only on the paper.
I like to make a judgement about a phone only after i have tried it, i can insure that my LG Secret is a plasure to use as a MOBILE PHONE.
So, like Dextrr, i have a good confidence about the new LG.
There will be some reasons if LG Electronics in the second quarter of 2008 has sold 27.7 million mobile devices and has reported, compared to previous quarter,the highest growth rate among the five most important producers, with an increase of 14% in units sold.
QVGA
Nokia Lumia 1020
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-09-09 14:51
Every sony ericsson has the same interface whether its a cheap one or a high end one. you change a SE phone and it doesnt really feel like you've changed it
marty mcfly
Z770 Red
PM
Posted: 2008-09-09 15:05

On 2008-09-09 14:16:31, -PERFECT- wrote:
And if C905 hasn’t better video capture it isn’t guaranteed it will be a better phone to use.
A sure thing is that KC910 will have better video capabilitys, and this not only on the paper.

You're missing the point. This has nothing to do with video vs video, it's about judging a phones overall performance and usefulness based on purely looking at its specs.
The Viewty has it all over my K810i on paper, but my K810i is 20 times easier to live with. It performs better all round (faster, applications do what they're supposed to do) and thats what's important.
And yes, I agree that SE's interface is too similar phone to phone, but it's far better than the Viewty to use. Visuals are not as important as ease of use.
voda_jon
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2008-09-09 15:12
who knows if this phone will trump the c905.... lets not forget that both handsets are yet to reach full release firmware.

plus everyone is sayin how bad the lg viewty was for everything... arent we talkin bout the renoir?
marty mcfly
Z770 Red
PM
Posted: 2008-09-09 15:17
The phones are very similar. That's why I used it as an example.
-PERFECT-
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-09-09 23:51
New photos:

http://www.giiks.com/?2008/09/07/1414-lg-kc910-en-photos

http://www.flickr.com/photos/giiks/tags/kc910/
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2008-09-10 00:25
Getting more and more excited every time i see this phone.

Just need a good review of it now
karlosperu
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2008-09-10 01:14
The microSD card is inserted through the side and no longer pulling the battery

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic