Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > My Friends Configuration on Sony Ericsson Phones

Author My Friends Configuration on Sony Ericsson Phones
dennevhyn_31
K800 Brown
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-11-03 19:30
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
hehehe! great! have a nice day! by the way you haven't greeted me yet. it was my birthday last october 31. hehehe!
"No one can predict to what heights you can soar until you spread your wings."
med
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-11-03 20:12
@dennevhyn-31, Oh,. excuse me brother, really i didn't know...

So, happy birthday DEN,..

And have a nice year...
dennevhyn_31
K800 Brown
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-11-04 01:37
@med: hehehe. no problem. anyway, thanks for the birthday greeting. have a nice year as well.
med
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-11-04 12:59

On 2008-11-04 01:37:52, dennevhyn_31 wrote:
@med: hehehe. no problem. anyway, thanks for the birthday greeting. have a nice year as well.
----------------
You're very welcome....
dennevhyn_31
K800 Brown
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-11-05 16:40
hehehe just got your message in psycho-chat. hehehe.
mundix
K550 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-02 10:59
hi dev.. i was kinda confused..
can we use my friends to chat with Yahoo Messenger contacts on their pc?
dennevhyn_31
K800 Brown
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-12-02 14:24
Yah you can by using Yamigo and MobJab but reception of message is not really that good. Sometimes you will not receive the message.
dennevhyn_31
K800 Brown
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-01-08 22:45
Guys, try Speago as well. Go to www.speago.com and then create an account. The server is chat.speago.com.
bvin
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-01-10 17:44
den.,
its not working on my fon but i try yamigo.
its absolutely working
thnks
pls send me d correct setting to use speago.,
tnx n advance

mdmi p qng tanong sna m2lungan mu aq ha.
Tnx ulet
dennevhyn_31
K800 Brown
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-01-11 13:52
Go to regional asia pacific forums. I have a post there regarding my friends on how to access it for free. You can pm me anytime if you have questions.
gabloammar
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2009-01-20 08:19
I don't know ANYTHING about the server!
What do I do?
bestashok
W910 Red
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-01-20 14:29
Hi all. I am able to use the default browser in my phone. But not any other browser like opera mini etc. This happens only when i use the below Wap plan of my service provider. Its as follows.. Operator is Airtel. Proxy address 100.1.200.99 port 8080. Packet data access point -AirtelWap.com. This setup is only for net use on the handset only. There is another setup which is for phone and PC which i am able to use other browsers. The error message i get is please check the connection settings or contact operator. The operator said tat the former is a Wap plan so you cannot use opera mini, which is silly i believe. My phone is nokia 6233. Please help. My pin is 560032
ZIXH5
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-02-07 14:14
actually see the My Friends option under Messaging. You might be wondering how does it work, right? According to the Sony Ericsson support website, "My Friends allows you to connect and log in to the My Friends server to communicate online with instant messages (IM). To use My Friends, you have to enter server settings for the IM client (MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ICQ and etc) into your phone, and you need your account information (username, password). You also need to configure an Internet profile for your phone." I actually tried configuring my Yahoo! Messenger account on it but it did not work. So what I did is that I researched on it and found out that there is another way of configuring.

To configure My Friends on your Sony Ericsson phones, you have to register an account on http://www.yamigo.com. After creating your account, an email will be sent to your email account that will contain the password for your Yamigo account. The password contains letters and numbers and you can change it on the Yamigo website. After that, you need to open My Friends on your phone then select Configure. Enter your username, password and server then select the Internet profile. The server should be http://www.yamigo.com/wv/control. After entering those information, you can now login to My Friends.

You can actually search and add users, join chat groups, save conversations and edit your profile like uploading a picture and changing the status. Normal rates for browsing apply when using My Friends depending on your network provider. Anyway, if you're going to login your account in http://www.yamigo.com, you can actually click the "Edit Your Details" link to change some settings for you to have your Yahoo! Messenger, MSN, AIM and ICQ contacts to be fetched or listed on your My Friends contacts list. You just need to enter your ID and username. I actually tried it but it did not work on mine. I'm not really sure why. I think it depends on your network provider. Anyway, enjoy using My Friends. You can meet different people from different countries. You can add me up guys, my username is dennebean31. Thanks in advance. Thanks you for reading this post. Have a good day!

UPDATE: Configuring My Friends Using MobJab

First, go to http://www.mobjab.com then register an account. On the User Registration form, you will be asked to create a username and a password. You can enter your IM IDs there like for YM, AIM, MSN and Google Talk so that your contacts will be fetched after logging in to My Friends. After submitting the registration, you can now configure your My Friends.

Username: (Your MobJab Username)
Password: (Your MobJab Password)
Internet Profile: (It depends on what your network provider.)
Server: http://mobjab.mobi

Go to http://www.mobjab.com/uam to configure your external IM accounts by registering your external IM password and username like for YM and MSN.

After configuring those settings, try logging in. Normal browsing charges or rates may apply depending on your network provider. In my case, I can use My Friends for free because I'm using a proxy for this.

UPDATE: Adding Contacts On My Friends Using Your MobJab Account

For you to add our YM or MSN contacts to our My Friends contacts list using your MobJab account, you just need to go to http://www.mobjab.com/uam. On the lower part of the User Account Management page, you will see there the registration form. Below is the screenshot.

You just need to select the IM Service then enter your MobJab account information as well as the account information for the IM Service that you selected. You can register also your MSN and AIM accounts. After that, wait for several minutes then login to My Friends on your phone. After logging in, select More then Watching Users. It will fetch all your contacts then you just need to select the contacts that you want to add one by one and that's it.

aquared29
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2009-02-08 15:23
add me too in my friends aquared29
Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others All we need now is a little patience
bhogzkie19
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-02-08 15:58
i have read your post here! it seems it's like fring?? I would like to try it on my phone..i havn't tried it because i can't access anything.. when im trying to browse it gives me error.

"could not locate remote server"

can U help me w/ this,? haiyzz.. i already tried deleting my old settings & i downloaded new settings. - no go..

bdw, my phone is se w960i.. i just came here in dubai & im using etisalat sim.. it's working fine when im on my home country, im actually not aware w/ this prob..?

can any1 help me w/ this..
tnx a lot!!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic