Previous  123 ... 567 ... 171819  Next
Author Samsung i8510 INNOV8 *official now*
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-07-14 15:43
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@se_dude

Just what do you think Flash Lite is then? it just graphics it's not programs or is it?

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-07-14 14:43 ]
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-07-14 19:12
^^I am not a programmer, nor have I much insight into The Project Capuchin thingy. If someone here is well informed of the apps that are to follow that apply to this project are welcome to shre their views, but with sufficient proof and info.. I dont think SE would just give a huge press release tomake flashier apps. Theres more to capuchin than can been seen on the outside IMO.
nettl
T600
PM
Posted: 2008-07-14 21:42
It doesnt seem that there is more to it from the whitepaper - it merely combines two things that have thus far existed separately, J2ME and Flash Light. It doesn't add new functionality other than that. Just read the "How does Project Capuchin work" section here:
http://developer.sonyericsson[....]ject_capuchin_announcement.jsp
Or, just a sentence before that, it explicitly states that "Project Capuchin makes it possible to create Java applications where some or all UI components are defined in Flash Lite and where all services can be accessed through Java." - See, what I've been saying right from the beginning. Java with a Flash frontend. Not even the tiniest little bit more.

And as Sun (the company behind Java) wants to establish their own Flash competitor called JavaFX, you can be pretty much sure Capuchin will never become a standard or get popular.
bavlondon2
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-07-16 10:19
Not sure if this has been posted. Quote from Eldar over on SeSense.

"C905? I saw it before.
And it is not bad product in all terms - but a very cheap sensor will be used -Samsung using in 8510 better optics and sensor"
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2008-07-16 10:28
majority of the photos taken from the newer c905 protos have been quite good imho. Cheap sensor or not, they still remain good photos.

this samsung may have a better sensor, but that doesnt mean it will take better pictures just based on that. there are many other factors involved.
bavlondon2
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-07-16 12:58
Yes but you have nothing to compare these C905 pics to so what are you basing it on? Just that they look nice on the eyes? Any 8mp pic will show you that.
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2008-07-16 13:09
? no....

why cant one compare to whats currently on the market?

im sure theres plenty of digi cams with a lower mp count which produce better pics than some with higher mp's. and im sure there are MANY comparisons online.

so the same can be done here.

in this case, compared to n82, which is, arguably, the best on the market right?

8mp vs 5mp = 8mp just means bigger size. but theres no reason why quality cant be compared. even if there are no other 8mp phones

[ This Message was edited by: >500 on 2008-07-16 12:14 ]
Sony α
T650 Green
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-07-16 13:46
To be honest, this Eldar fella's a bit of a poof...

It's clear he THINKS he knows what the C905 is bringing to the table - but even clearer that he DOESNT know what the C905 comprises.

What a shame.
Sony Alpha.

imaging.like.no.other
bavlondon2
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-07-16 14:56

On 2008-07-16 13:46:31, Sony α wrote:
To be honest, this Eldar fella's a bit of a poof...

It's clear he THINKS he knows what the C905 is bringing to the table - but even clearer that he DOESNT know what the C905 comprises.

What a shame.

Care to tell me exactly how that is? Out of all the 8Mp cam phones to come its likley that the C905 will be bottom of the pile in terms of specs. There will be the Samsung which we have seen, one from Nokia which is yet to be unveiled and one from LG which will feature a new and improved touch scren interface and be capable of shooting video at 720 by 480 30fps. Meanwhile the C905 is still only clocking QVGA 30fps.

Also why knock Eldar? He is probably the most clued up person in the market. You all didnt believe about the X1 running into trouble and yet now look its a mess so much that its just touchflo being used. You didnt believe the news when it broke Paris was cancelled and look what happened.

So what exactly does the C905 comprise of?
QVGA
Nokia Lumia 1020
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-07-16 15:02
X1 is running touchflo???
Guto_ViP
T200
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-07-16 15:14
I like Samsung digital cam so maybe this phone will be good...

Well SE... you need move fast to create changes inside C905.

Let's see what Nokia will release...
Love or hate me...

Nokia 5120 -> Nokia 6120 -> SE T200 -> Motorola V800 -> SE W800 (stay with my wife) - > SE K800 (stay with my mom) -> Nokia N82 Silver -> Nokia N82 Black Edition - Firmware v30.0.019 -> What is the next??.
Shuuro
T100
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-07-16 16:09

On 2008-07-16 10:28:25, >500 wrote:

this samsung may have a better sensor, but that doesnt mean it will take better pictures just based on that. there are many other factors involved.

samsung is supposed to use lens from their digital camera lineup, so quality of images from samsung and se cannot be same.
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-07-16 16:17
@bav

Lets just waait fr atrue comparison. Shall we?? No one is running away with the phone and the pics wont change anyway. If the C905 is crap, we shall get to know sooner or later...
Sony α
T650 Green
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-07-16 17:51

On 2008-07-16 14:56:23, bavlondon2 wrote:

Also why knock Eldar? He is probably the most clued up person in the market.

Bav,

I'm sure you're a nice guy (or girl)...

However, what's clear is your quite into bashing SEMC where ever you can...Eldar, who has made a FEW good points, has not used a Final retail version of the C905 - nor have you.

As it is, I doubt Eldar is 'the most clued up person on the market' - if it were the fact, we'd have seen DoCoMo's lineup, KDDI's lineup, J-Phone's lineup and SoftBanks lineup ALL reviewed by Mobile Review - thoroughly too.

Call me leery - but at the end of the day, Eldar is not the Old Bill - and rest assured, neither are you.

The C905 is bound to bring something decent to the shootout, that I do not doubt - if SEMCJ can produce a handset like the SO905iCS (Which I see as the spiritual, if not a bloody close physical successor to C905) - then surely, SEMC can do something.

What is definite, is the simple fact that nobody knows what the C905 is capable of, up until the Final product is launched.

So, Bav - I ask you, and hopefully with the support of many others - to take a neutral viewpoint on SEMC, at least until the launch of C905 - and stop with the SEMC bashing - we know you have issues with them, but - after all, Sony really cannot let this one slip - especially considering how valuable the 'Cyber-shot' brand is to them - yes, Ericsson deal with SEMC here in Europe, but let's just see what happens.
Sony Alpha.

imaging.like.no.other
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2008-07-16 18:40
^^^
You make a valid point there that it's best to wait before we judge. But, as for Sony not slipping up this time I have a problem with this. I've lost hope for SE to actually get back to its former self. I would dearly love for them to prove me wrong.

What is so wrong with a DSP chip on their Walkman? How about a Sony cam on their flagship cybershot phone? Personally, I don't care much about camera on the phone as I use a Nikon D200 but I admit that it (cam-phone) comes in handy. Also people buy into this "the higher the mega pixels the better the image" which means they will in turn buy the phone in droves.

SE has lost a lot of ground yet they seem to be going through the same motions of putting out the same phone over and over again with minor changes here and there. I'm really saddened and disappointed at the way SE has turned out. Like I said in the other thread I'm buying the X1 (the last SE phone) until I see innovation and quality return to this troubled company.

I hope and wish they announce some breakthrough products in their next announcements. The rumoured 16gb touchscreen walkman- hopefully with a DSP chip- and the so called "Hecaro" (hopefully high specced in every department) would go a long way to restoring SE's pride.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 567 ... 171819  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic