Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > C902 Firmware Overview

Previous  123 456 ... 434445  Next
Author C902 Firmware Overview
Wild Child
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-07-28 00:42
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Nothing for Hong Kong either.

WC
MiHaU
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-07-28 17:06
I've got another question. Is it only me or every C902 makes "shitty" photos? Well, maybe it's the driver issue. They're (photos) indistinct.

Oh, and it seems that the phone is a little bit slow. Is it normal?

[ This Message was edited by: MiHaU on 2008-07-28 16:08 ]
masterjonny8
C902 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-07-28 18:29
I agree with you to an extent, I find photo's taken in the dark to be really really bad, but as for taking landscape shot's it seems excellent.

I personally think too it takes a better shot if you don't just leave it on auto, for example if your outside set the scene mode to 'Landscape' and set the white balance to 'Daylight'. It takes some extra effort granted, but the end result would justify it.

Shot taken without using "Auto" settings

Firmware is something to do with it too though, I got an N95 when it was very first out and it was okay, but 18 months on and 9 firmwares later (12 to 21) you honestly wouldn't believe the snaps where from the same phone.

Give the phone some time to mature, and I'm sure things will improve. Well at least this is what I tell my smug mate who owns a K850
Hansomfiser
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-07-29 15:29
SEMC Boot flash problem (trying to use SEUS)

I have a C902, and when I plug it in my computer with the correct method (holding C... etc) when trying to update it through the Update Service, my computer says that driver installation failed. I am trying to manually install the drivers that I found for the phone in the C902 firmware thread, but my computer still won't install/recognize the phone and let me pass the "plug your phone"-window in SEUS.
I have tried installing PC Suite, and that's no problem. I have tried all the 8 different USB ports in my computer - still no recognition in SEUS.

I have Windows XP 32bits with SP3.

Please help me out
Killfr3nzy
T230
PM
Posted: 2008-07-29 15:51

On 2008-07-29 15:29:07, Hansomfiser wrote:
SEMC Boot flash problem (trying to use SEUS)

I have a C902, and when I plug it in my computer with the correct method (holding C... etc) when trying to update it through the Update Service, my computer says that driver installation failed. I am trying to manually install the drivers that I found for the phone in the C902 firmware thread, but my computer still won't install/recognize the phone and let me pass the "plug your phone"-window in SEUS.
I have tried installing PC Suite, and that's no problem. I have tried all the 8 different USB ports in my computer - still no recognition in SEUS.

I have Windows XP 32bits with SP3.

Please help me out

Did it used to work or not?

If not, you may need to download/update your motherboard drivers, they also include USB chipset drivers.
iSE
K550 White
PM
Posted: 2008-07-29 17:52
Have your SEUS downloaded the updates already?
Hansomfiser
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-07-29 18:00

On 2008-07-29 17:52:12, iSE wrote:
Have your SEUS downloaded the updates already?

Yes.

My phone is perfectly recognized in PC Suite, media transfer mode etc etc, but not when trying to identify it through SEUS. All of my other USB devices works perfectly well.
masterjonny8
C902 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-07-29 18:05

On 2008-07-29 15:29:07, Hansomfiser wrote:

...my computer says that driver installation failed...

Once its plugged in and after that message/popup ballon has displayed can you view the phone in device manager? If so uninstall the driver that windows has for it, forcing it to freshly install it next time the phones plugged in.

On my laptop when plugged in using the "C" method it pops up as an "SEMC Flash Device" (or something similar, doing this from memory), so try finding something like that in device manager.
Hansomfiser
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-07-29 18:42

Once its plugged in and after that message/popup ballon has displayed can you view the phone in device manager? If so uninstall the driver that windows has for it, forcing it to freshly install it next time the phones plugged in.
On my laptop when plugged in using the "C" method it pops up as an "SEMC Flash Device" (or something similar, doing this from memory), so try finding something like that in device manager.

When I plug the phone in pressing C, a balloon popup says "SEMC Flash drive...." and then shortly after, it says "The new hardware could not be installed. It might not work properly". When I look in Device manager, the SEMC thing is there, and when I right click and Uninstall it, to plug the phone in once again to make a fresh install, the exact same thing happens without positive results.
dancingfate
K700
PM
Posted: 2008-07-29 18:45
Still not available the update for APAC-ANZ.
Apple iPhone 4, HTC Evo 3D, HTC Sensation, HTC Inspire 4G, HTC Desire S, HTC Wildfire, S001, SO905iCS, T650 (Gold & Green), C901, W800, K660, K700, Beibei (G702), Severine (DEAD)
masterjonny8
C902 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-07-29 19:53
What I believe will almost definitely fix it will be manually deleting the driver. After asking my device manager to locate the driver path it returned 2 different Sony Erricson drivers required to operate it, and 1 windows.

So first, un install EVERYTHING to do with SE on your computer, and then manually delete these 2 driver files; (the uninstallers may have done this themselves)

C:Windowssystem32DRIVERSggflt.sys
C:Windowssystem32DRIVERSggsemc.sys

Both are signed by Sony Erricson so won't be needed by anything else on your PC. After this reinstall PC Suite, then Update Service and you should be set.

Obviously changes in your system32 aren't without risk, but I'm 95% sure deleting those wont do damage, and if they do it's nothing a system restore won't fix. Post back if your still struggling.

[ This Message was edited by: masterjonny8 on 2008-07-29 18:54 ]

[ This Message was edited by: masterjonny8 on 2008-07-29 18:55 ]
Hansomfiser
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-07-29 20:27
Thanks Masterjohnny,

I did all of that, and also downloaded the drivers for my phone from that EMMA site, and re-installad PC Suite, and when it asked for drivers I pointed everything to the folder with the drivers from EMMA, and it all worked fine. But only for PC Suite

It still says that the SEMC devide could not be installed in SEUS, despite the fact that I did all of the things you told me to do.
masterjonny8
C902 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-07-29 21:22
Well sorry buddy, I really am flat out of ideas, effectively you deleted all of your drivers and put in nice fresh ones, so the problem is something more deep seated?

If you know what chipset you have (Nforce, Intel, AMD) you can try updating your chipset drivers, and in turn updating your USB ports.

Apologies if I'm talking down to you here, I don't know how tech savvy you are

In fact, I've just thought, maybe you could manually update the drivers with ones from EMMA for you SEMC Flash Device.

Plug the phone in, in "C" mode, right click 'Properties', choose the 'Driver' tab, Update Driver, and point it to the folder you got from EMMA.

[ This Message was edited by: masterjonny8 on 2008-07-29 20:25 ]
ianeb
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-07-30 21:24
I have a question or two.

I have/had a branded 3UK C902, last night i performed a debrand via KulanKendi, which put the following firmware on the phone:

1204-1731
R3BH002
Sony Ericsson

It's not even the most recent firmware is it? I thought it would perform a similar operation as to what changing the product code on a Nokia does, allowing me to use SEUS to update to the latest firmwares... Wrong.
I connected to SEUS and it told me it cannot update? nothing about having the latest firmware already, although when you do the check fom the phone it say's I already have latest update??

I am not to impressed, I paid for the debrand and update but don't seem to have got the latest update.

Is there anything I can do to make SEUS allow me to get the new firmware?

Updating/debranding Nokia's was easy, this phone is a nightmare!
Guto_ViP
T200
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-07-30 21:58

On 2008-07-30 21:24:15, ianeb wrote:
I have a question or two.

I have/had a branded 3UK C902, last night i performed a debrand via KulanKendi, which put the following firmware on the phone:

1204-1731
R3BH002
Sony Ericsson

It's not even the most recent firmware is it? I thought it would perform a similar operation as to what changing the product code on a Nokia does, allowing me to use SEUS to update to the latest firmwares... Wrong.
I connected to SEUS and it told me it cannot update? nothing about having the latest firmware already, although when you do the check fom the phone it say's I already have latest update??

I am not to impressed, I paid for the debrand and update but don't seem to have got the latest update.

Is there anything I can do to make SEUS allow me to get the new firmware?

Updating/debranding Nokia's was easy, this phone is a nightmare!

Yes, you can wait some time to flash a new firmware with XS++
Love or hate me...

Nokia 5120 -> Nokia 6120 -> SE T200 -> Motorola V800 -> SE W800 (stay with my wife) - > SE K800 (stay with my mom) -> Nokia N82 Silver -> Nokia N82 Black Edition - Firmware v30.0.019 -> What is the next??.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 456 ... 434445  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic