Esato

Forum > General discussions > Product reviews > Nokia MD-6 Portable Speaker Review

Author Nokia MD-6 Portable Speaker Review
Adi23
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2008-06-16 07:20
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Nokia MD-6 External Speakers Review

The Nokia MD-6 is a pair of small, unassuming speakers with a distinct design. The colour scheme used of red and black is appealing as is the flip out style of the speakers which protects them from dust and exposure when they are not in use. The package includes 4 AAA batteries, a nice velvety cloth carrying case and a manual in several different languages (though an English one was nowhere to be found).
One of the biggest disadvantages of the speakers is finding the battery compartment on the phone. There is an oval sized recessed button on one side of the device and honestly that button is very hard to depress unless you know how to do it. I actually considered prying the compartment open with a knife. Thankfully, I found a video online in which a blogger was demonstrating the setup of the device in order to open the compartment.
With the above aside, the setup was a breeze and I proceeded to hook up the speakers to the N95 8gb, N82 and N73. I played the same song on each phone through the speakers and the speakers sounded the loudest on the N95 8gb followed by the N73 and then N82. In general the maximum volume output produced by the speakers was sufficient but was is not exceptionally loud. In my opinion, the speakers could be louder. Comparing the Nokia MD-6 to one of its competitors the Sony Ericsson MPS-60 I would give the MPS 60 the slight advantage as it concerns maximum volume output.
The Nokia MD-6 also allows the user to set the maximum length of the speaker wire and allows you to fasten that length in place due to the wire holder at the top of the device. This is very convenient as often lengthier wires result in more accidents where connecting to smaller devices are concerned.

Advantages:
Attractive design
Protection of the speakers when not in use
Carrying case and batteries included in package
Ability to set the length of electrical wire.

Disadvantages:
Maximum sound level is not very impressive
Strange removal method for battery compartment
The device is perhaps a bit too long.

Thanks to WOM WORLD for providing this device to test.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi