Author Apple unveils the 3G iPhone
Marc_SE
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-09-03 20:02
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2008-09-03 17:37:22, scouser_75 wrote:
Does Paul Ford have any more left?

not currently, I took the last one from him (to pair with my BlackBerry Bold!).

I think he'll be getting more stock soon though.
scouser_75
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2008-09-03 23:09
Thanks Mark. If you speak to Paul, can you please tell him that I'm interested?

I have PM'd him but not heard a reply as yet.

Thanks

bavlondon2
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-09-06 20:08
He is on holiday mate but should be back on the 20th.

Question to all. I have decided to get an iphone 3g on a new contract so will be checking into an O2 store on Monday but.....

Regarding contacts can I escape going via Outlook if I put the new O2Sim card into my existing phone and copy the contacts direct to the SIM?
smilerthe cheshirecat
Z600
PM
Posted: 2008-09-06 20:29
There is an Import SIM contacts in the setting under Mail, Contacts, Calendars

bavlondon2
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-09-06 21:09
Nice cheers. So I dont have to import them to outlook?
smilerthe cheshirecat
Z600
PM
Posted: 2008-09-06 21:17
I do not have a Windows machine now...(Apple Macbook) so can not check that... but I have used the contact from simcard feature from the iPhone menu and it has worked...

bavlondon2
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-09-06 21:46
Thanks.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2008-09-07 13:52
Its not an ideal phone nor have i ever dreamt about a phone. But last night i dreamt i had an iphone and it was MASSIVE. For some reason in the dream it would not go in my pocket. Quite odd.
bavlondon2
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-09-07 14:42
I just got mine now. Just updating to the latest fw.
mobman
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-09-07 14:47
My irrational dislike of the iphone has just been rationalised...

I rang O2 UK because i'm due and upgrade and wanted the samsung omnia. I asked when they would be getting it in and they said that they wouldn't be because it is too similar to the iphone!

I've heard this argument before regarding O2 not wanting to dent iphone sales but surely that makes absolutely no business sense when the majority of O2's income comes from line rental? If i need to go to another company to get a decent phone i will as if O2's stance is to not stock anything thats too similar to the iphone then soon they will sell JUST the iphone!

I agree that the amount of people like me who will leave O2 to get the omnia, x1, touch pro ect will be very small compared to the extra customers the iphone is getting them but it still doesn't make sense. Unless, and this is the important bit, apple have some sort of clause in the exclusivity agreement with O2 that they have some kind of say in what other phones O2 can stock - which is completely unfair.

My gripe with the iphone is not that its over-hyped and underpowered (as the 3g version i think makes up for most of the shortcomings of the first edition) but i do not think that its healthy for the consumer that the iphone is seen as being in a class of its own and treated as if its special. Why if i wanted the iphone on O2 do i have to switch to a "special" iphone tariff for example.

I mean hats off to apple - they know how to market something - but its not good that now the other brands have offerings that some people think are the best phones available that it is getting to be a struggle to find them on as many networks. This is a situation that just did not exist before the iphone.
bavlondon2
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-09-07 15:16
I guess Apple included that as a clause when they negotiated the deal with O2.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2008-09-07 16:14
Its like being dictated to. I think its wrong over just one phone Apple think they can just do as they like and dictate to customers what they should do. What happened to listening to what customers want and the customer comes first. Its wrong when Apple just seem to do as they please and try to control what networks and customers can do.
GadgetGeek
T650 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-09-07 21:24
I was in the O2 store in Norwich earlier this week and they had the Omnia as well as the iPhone. They even have the HTC Diamond Touch too - although it's re-branded as the O2 Ignito so there is no such deal with Apple not to sell rival touch-phones.

http://www.gsmarena.com/o2_xda_ignito-pictures-2491.php

bavlondon2
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-09-08 09:49
You could put 10mp and HD video capture on both those phones but I still wouldn't trade my iphone 3G for either of them. It's the best thing out there by miles.
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-09-09 13:23
@balondon2

It's only the best thing out there by miles if it's what you want and like as is any device.

Personally i couldn't stand it as it drove me nuts, my most used app is the PIM and having those stupid spinning time rolls to select start and end times drove me demented.

So did the E-Mail app that pushed all my Yahoo E-Mails including all my FFFFING spam, and worst of all to delete an E-Mail needs to be done twice once in the E-Mail app and then once again from the rubbish bin now that really isn't advanced or user friendly is it?

The Web browser also less than impressed me as it wouldn't remember settings never mind for ever not even for each session every page needed changing to the view i wanted.

But as i said if it's what you or anyone else likes or loves fair enough use it and enjoy it but please realise it may be the best thing for you but not everyone else sees it that way. This has nothing to do with hate or jealousy just that we don't all like or want the same things from our devices is all. i mean i loved my E90 but never expected everyone else to see it as their perfect device and only defended it from people saying it was rubbish which just wasn't true. I am not saying the iPhone is rubbish either just not the right device for me is all but at least i can quantify why it's wasn't great for me.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-09-09 12:26 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 373839 ... 128129130  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic