Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Apple unveils the 3G iPhone

Previous  123 ... 828384 ... 128129130  Next
Author Apple unveils the 3G iPhone
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2008-12-18 18:57
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hmm - have you tried the obvious, eg powering the phone on and off fully, in case it's a little bug or memory prob?
RyaN
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-19 14:45

On 2008-12-06 18:46:18, Neo-Tech wrote:
Great, my Cydia's stopped working, another restore.

Great...mines stopped working now too Just crashes back to the springboard after attempting to load the app. Was working fine for weeks after i updated to 2.2 and QuickPwned. In fact was working yesterday all day then decided to give up the ghost.

Tried numerous things with Terminal.app... uninstalling Cydia, removing any suspect sources, reinstalling Cydia.. and no luck.

After reading around, loads of people have had problems with Cydia on 2.2. Gonna see if I can do something about it as a restore is the last resort

@Neo-Tech Can i just ask how you pwned your iPhone the first time around when Cydia started playing up, and how you pwned it 2nd time around? I trust Cydia is working for you ok now?
RyaN
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-19 15:11
*scrap this post*

[ This Message was edited by: RyaN on 2008-12-19 17:34 ]
Anuj
P990
PM
Posted: 2008-12-19 16:44

On 2008-12-17 12:03:23, Anuj wrote:
I've just bought an Officially Australian unlocked version and it should arrive tomorrow. Will it lock itself I try to update to firmware v2.2?

Will I need to activate this via Itunes? ANy pointers to websites that can guide me through set up for an Australian Iphone in the UK would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

I'll answer this myself. Updated to v2.2 yesterday - after updating it asked me to click on a button requesting network settings - i was shitting myself thinking it'll get locked to 02 but i tried and it worked!!!! The screen said "You're Iphone is now offically unlocked"

I am now using it on Vodafone with no problems

Cheers - go ahead and update if you have an offically unlocked Iphone it will not lock itself again.

Hope this helps someone as I could find no resource on the net about this...

What a great phone...cant believe what I've been missing all this time using my brick AKA E90 !

Can anyone recommend the essential/best UK based "must have" applications ?????

[ This Message was edited by: anuj on 2008-12-19 15:47 ]
Neo-Tech
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-19 18:18

On 2008-12-06 18:46:18, Neo-Tech wrote:
Great, my Cydia's stopped working, another restore.

Great...mines stopped working now too Just crashes back to the springboard after attempting to load the app. Was working fine for weeks after i updated to 2.2 and QuickPwned. In fact was working yesterday all day then decided to give up the ghost.

Tried numerous things with Terminal.app... uninstalling Cydia, removing any suspect sources, reinstalling Cydia.. and no luck.

After reading around, loads of people have had problems with Cydia on 2.2. Gonna see if I can do something about it as a restore is the last resort

@Neo-Tech Can i just ask how you pwned your iPhone the first time around when Cydia started playing up, and how you pwned it 2nd time around? I trust Cydia is working for you ok now?

Well to fix the Cydia problem, I restored and I thank myself for restoring and not installing WinterBoard as it's much faster now. First time I pwned my phone was by a custom IPSW of TPB, and same for the second time.

@Anuj: Are you after free apps or paid apps?
scouser_75
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2008-12-19 19:05
Anuj, there are seriously loads of essential apps - all depending on what you're after.

To name my essentials:

News UK Lite - Loadsa news stuff - General, Sport, Tech etc
iFooty - footy scores and news
Mobile Files - lets you transfer documents to your phone - great if you have mobileme.
Easy Writer - lets you compose emails in landscape mode.
Google
Tube Status - great if you use the underground everyday.
TV Plus - lets you record sky+ from where ever you are. No more missing match of the day or topgear
Surf Report - brilliant if you like surfing
Chess - need i say more!
Word Warp - a brill word game
BBC iPlayer - you just gotta save the internet link to your iPhone.

scouser_75
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2008-12-19 19:44
Guys, I have a Mobileme account and was wondering that if I added a "To Do" item within Mobile Me on my Mac, and added an alarm reminder, should this then also remind me on my phone?

I've tried adding a reminder, and it reminds me on my Mac but not on my iPhone 3G! Surely this defeats the purpose somewhat!!

Also, is there any way of adding a To Do entry on the actual phone? Again, I've tried but can't seem to work out a way! Surely this too has to be possible??? (EDIT: Just done some research, and NOPE. No way of adding an entry on the actual phone. It has to be done on the actual computer)!

I've even tried to work around this problem by adding "Notes" on the Mac AND adding an alarm reminder. But as before the alarm goes off on the Mac but not on the phone!!!

As I always say - Apple; 'tis a love hate relationship!!!!!!!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: scouser_75 on 2008-12-19 18:52 ]
RyaN
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-20 17:21
Sorted out my Cydia crash problem in the end, just ran it through QuickPwn again and it completely sorted it out. Well pleased I didnt have to do a full restore
scottt
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-12-20 18:39
Right got a very strange problem here guys.

I'm running a Iphone 3G on 2.0.1 Unlocked with rebelsim and jailbroken with quickpwn.

Now it was working fine for a few days but now it isnt recognised when you plug anything in. If i plug it into my Mac nothing happens if i plug it in my Laptop nothing happens and if i plug it into the mains with the charger nothing happens. Though it does still charge, say its got 10% batt left i put it on charge then come back 3 hours later still says 10% but then i power off then on and its fully charged!

What do i do? The computer wont even recognise it when i try and put it in DFU mode
I my 32GB iPhone 3GS

londonlad123
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2008-12-20 20:03
Been a while, to update to 2.2 how do you do it for an iphone 2g? Update officially to 2.2 using itunes then use quickpwn?

[ This Message was edited by: londonlad123 on 2008-12-20 19:24 ]
RyaN
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-20 20:42
@scottt You might have a faulty dock connection, it happened to my Touch a while back. When it's connected try pushing and holding the cable upwards or downwards to see if it picks it up. Sounds like you might need to return it for repair/replacement

@londonlad Yep simple as that
londonlad123
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2008-12-20 22:40
Thanks Ryan.

I've updated to 2.2 and everything seemed to have went well but I cant make calls now.

Sorted, found out about those two bootloader files and unlocked for all networks.

The pwd software really should come with instructions or tell you the steps in advance rather than on the spot.

[ This Message was edited by: londonlad123 on 2008-12-20 23:02 ]
Anuj
P990
PM
Posted: 2008-12-22 10:30

On 2008-12-19 19:44:24, scouser_75 wrote:
Guys, I have a Mobileme account and was wondering that if I added a "To Do" item within Mobile Me on my Mac, and added an alarm reminder, should this then also remind me on my phone?

I've tried adding a reminder, and it reminds me on my Mac but not on my iPhone 3G! Surely this defeats the purpose somewhat!!

Also, is there any way of adding a To Do entry on the actual phone? Again, I've tried but can't seem to work out a way! Surely this too has to be possible??? (EDIT: Just done some research, and NOPE. No way of adding an entry on the actual phone. It has to be done on the actual computer)!

I've even tried to work around this problem by adding "Notes" on the Mac AND adding an alarm reminder. But as before the alarm goes off on the Mac but not on the phone!!!

As I always say - Apple; 'tis a love hate relationship!!!!!!!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: scouser_75 on 2008-12-19 18:52 ]

Cheers - very helpful

Also thought Shazam was an awesome party trick as well as the Ipint
shanespencer
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-22 11:21
@scouser_75
You can click on the + icon and add a calendar entry with an alarm; that should be the same as adding a to do. Does that help?

Also, the entry you made on Mobile Me; was it a to do or a calendar event? iCal on the iPhone doesn't have the "to do" section, so if you want something to sync across the board, it needs to be a calendar entry. It's essentially the same thing, but with a different name.

Oh, another thing; Mobile Me syncs better if your Mac is running 10.5.6!
Anuj
P990
PM
Posted: 2008-12-22 11:47
Guys is there a shorter way to turn on/off the bluetooth and wifi settings without going in to settings general etc etc??

Also is there no bleedin way to forward a text messsage???

This is irritating me but its still a fine phone
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 828384 ... 128129130  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic