Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Unnamed 5MP Motorola slider revealed

Previous  12
Author Unnamed 5MP Motorola slider revealed
o0AznJ0o
W910 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-06-02 15:36
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
damn that thing is ugly...no idea what motorola is up to/thinking these days lol
6 master resets, a debrand/reflash, and my w910 FINALLY seems to be stable...for now
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-06-02 16:09
BGR talks crap sometimes.

Firstly, there is NO Kodak lens moto. The Moto supposed to use a Kodak sensor was the X-Pixl a candybar. The Kodak sensor was scrapped as it produced crappy images. Theres going to be a new sensor, some european company, cant remember the name. THe image quality is good, close to 100% sensor efficiency as it can shoot in RAW. THe X-Pixl has TV-Out, WiFi and is quad band with Edge. Its going to use the latest MotoMagx platform. Kodak will no be only branding with a bit of s/w such as Pict Bridge or something like that, not too familiar with the prinitng softwares. Maybe a few algorithms for jpeg mode, something to do with light optimization and stuff. And the X-Pixl also has a Xenon flash.

The "other" high end moto to look out for is the Symbian based phone.

THe phone you see here is another of the Z series I presume, targeted more towards the fashion conscious.

[ This Message was edited by: aksd on 2008-06-02 15:10 ]
WhiteEye
T650 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-06-02 17:59
I believe Motorola has just passed their near-death experience.
from my observations, sometimes it's better off not knowing.
clauf
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2008-06-02 19:46
I don't like the phone, but I don't think it's that ugly either. At least it's a little refresh in terms of design compared to the RIZR series *pukes*

I hate the fact that Moto reuses designs over and over again.
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-06-03 02:38

On 2008-06-02 16:09:53, aksd wrote:
BGR talks crap sometimes.

Firstly, there is NO Kodak lens moto. The Moto supposed to use a Kodak sensor was the X-Pixl a candybar. The Kodak sensor was scrapped as it produced crappy images. Theres going to be a new sensor, some european company, cant remember the name. THe image quality is good, close to 100% sensor efficiency as it can shoot in RAW. THe X-Pixl has TV-Out, WiFi and is quad band with Edge. Its going to use the latest MotoMagx platform. Kodak will no be only branding with a bit of s/w such as Pict Bridge or something like that, not too familiar with the prinitng softwares. Maybe a few algorithms for jpeg mode, something to do with light optimization and stuff. And the X-Pixl also has a Xenon flash.

The "other" high end moto to look out for is the Symbian based phone.

THe phone you see here is another of the Z series I presume, targeted more towards the fashion conscious.

[ This Message was edited by: aksd on 2008-06-02 15:10 ]

What you've forgotten is the earlier prototype that BGR had DID take pictures in RAW, this could be just the new shell, as ALL the other specs you've stated are supposedly in this phone. No 3G seems odd, though.

Then again this is the MAIN reason that I think Motorola has NOT changed from their business practices in the past - at least to cellular division. They pillage know-how from other companies when deals are made then bail out (or buy them out when they're suffering). ie Sendo, and a few other business'. Now name me 1 just 1 Linux phone that Motorola makes in production that supports 3G?! NONE - rumored MING II but we've yet to see that ship or official. I still think Andriod is something Motorola will steal intelligence from to help their OWN MotoMAGX Platform. Notice how MING II wasn't rumored until sometime after their announcement of partnership with Google Andriod Consortium? Hmm.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-06-03 05:16
@Prom

THe LJ/MotoMAGX platform is still being worked on to support 3G, as far as I know they've got it running on test boards. All 3G/UMTS phones will be UIQ based for a while.

I dont think Motorola are going to steal anything from Android. THey're working on LiMo together with a few other phone maufacturers. THe Ming 2 is basically a chinese phone, no idea about it, although it deifnately does'nt support 3G and still uses a 7 year old UI, EZX based on the 2.4 kernel.

I've had a chance to check out the latest MotoMAGX SDK and let me tell you it is impressive. THey've got a new framework called WebUI that allows quick development of plugin type apps, that interfaces Java script based apps to Native API's. The Native SDK also is going to come out some time this month or the next, the A200 platfrom looks quite dated compared to it, except for the lack of 3G which of course is an issue.

MotoMAGX will conform to LiMo standards by the end of the year, therefore porting apps between LiMo handsets wont be much of an issue.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi