Esato

Forum > Network operators > Europe > o2 Returns / Faults Question?

Author o2 Returns / Faults Question?
jung
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-05-27 12:11
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Does anyone know if o2 will swap a faulty handset for a different model all together?
I have had my K850 replaced twice in the last six months, now on my third handset and the same problem with the softkeys not responding / getting stuck is happening again.
I'd rather swap it for a different model all together (which I think is fairly reasonable), but wondered if anyone had any experience with them doing this?
I don't mind paying the difference in price between the handsets either really, I just want something that is going to last me through the rest of my contract, cause I'm getting a bit frustrated with it.
newtowncity
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-05-27 12:32
Ive tried that, on my second k850i now from o2 and no they wont swap it your stuck with it for the life of your contract unless you buy your contract out.
jung
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-05-27 13:10
I did ask them when I had my second replaced two months ago and they said they wouldn't do it unless it was a third faulty unit, which is now what I've got.
Just wondered if anyone had actually managed to get them to do it.
bearcub24
W890 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-05-27 13:48
I received 6 K850i's all sent back for being sub-standard, but they gave me another choice of phone in the end.
jung
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-05-27 15:46
I am going to ask to swap it and offer to pay the difference. It's only £150 to get an N95 8gb on a new contract so it's not that bad. Hopefully they are mildly reasonable, and understand why I don't really want a replacement
SE-Naz
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM
Posted: 2008-05-27 16:06
I have had similar issue and I was allowed to pick a different handset.

Ask to speak to a supervisor/manager and keep pushing... and you should get it sorted...

Cheers
ENJOY
jung
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-05-27 19:21
Well it looks like I can swap, but the replacements are only allowed to be;

W910i
LG Viewty
Nokia N95

Which are hardly reasonable replacements for a K850 really. I asked for an N95 8Gb, but apparently it has to be of the same value, and they don't have a procedure to allow a customer to match the difference.
So my options are get a 4th K850 and hope this one actually lasts the 12 months left in my contract, or get a replacement that isn't really going to be as good a phone. I might just go for the N95, but I've heard they're probably just as poor build quality as the K850.

Anyone got any ideas?
nicv27
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2008-05-27 19:30
There has been many reported problems with the early n95 handsets. I have 2 from o2 at the moment the first i got in aug 07 and it has a couple of issues but the second one i got in december has a much better build quality. So if you are getting one now they must have sorted it out.
With the n96 expected in august maybe then they will give you the n95 8g for free or a reasonable price
Samsung Galaxy S3 White iPad 2 32gb 3G +16/-0 Twitter.nicv27
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2008-05-27 20:13
Surely under any contract by law they should replace equipment that is not satisfactory to the customer under contract to which they should provide. If not providing equipment that works you should have a replacement. I can tell you a story. Few years back i had a Vodafone contract and i bought a brand new W900i. Nice phone but all it did within first few weeks is go dead. Software was flashed in Vodafone store then week later dead again. Sent it back to Vodafone who then sent out another one. 2 weeks later same thing happened went dead whilst playing music. After long conversations with customer service and asking to speak to a manager i demanded a different model. I never went mad at them i was just firm and said its my right as a consumer. It was not their fault they were just doing their jobs so anyway they backed down and i got another model 2 days later. Though a mistake was made on my part i asked for a Motorola V3x. OH DEAR ANOTHER BIGGER MISTAKE. Lol. Though credit to Voda they understood my problems and were great. Ya dont ask ya dont get but im very persistant i am when it comes to complaining i normally get my way. Gone luck.
jung
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-06-06 10:00
I have been trying them a few times this week, but it seems I can only chose from those three handsets they've offered me. I've tried to put up with the softkeys on my K850, but it's getting worse by the day so I'm going to phone them tonight and swap it for a 1st gen N95, hopefully I don't regret it.

Cheers for the advice
Daedalus85
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-06-06 11:11
Personally, I would have gone for the LG Viewty and flogged it, given it's value over the other two.

And for a start, I can't believe your 'unhappy' with the options they've given you, you've got a K850i, one of the cheapest 5 megapixel camera phones around, why on earth would they splash out another £150 on you to have an N95 8GB? Make do with the options they've given you, because their pretty good.

Enough is just never enough for some people...
My opinions on this forum are that of my own and not of the company I work for.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi