Esato

Forum > General discussions > Esato forum > is it just me or is Esato a lot quieter nowadays than it was a year back?

Previous  12
Author is it just me or is Esato a lot quieter nowadays than it was a year back?
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2008-06-05 11:35
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
The Clara thread was like a mania was happening, heady days indeed. Someone only had to post a spypic of just the joystick and that was enough to send people into hysteria

Although I think part of it is that devices which are truly groundbreaking will be rarer and rarer. The K750i's 2.0MP AF cam and expandable memory got a lot of people drooling back in what was it? 2004?

What would it take these days for a device to have the same effect? We all know there is almost no limit to memory capacity any more. Increases in megapixels aren't that exciting. Are there really many things you can do with 3.5G that you can't do with 3G? How snazzy can be a nice UI be? Mobile TV is on the horizon - hardly sends shivers down your spine.

HD recording? Maybe.

It certainly has changed, plus, has all the negativity ruined what was such a special place? Probably not. Like masseur says I think its a cyclic thing. Peaks and troughs so to speak.

tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2008-06-05 19:46

On 2008-06-05 11:35:43, goldenface wrote:
Although I think part of it is that devices which are truly groundbreaking will be rarer and rarer. The K750i's 2.0MP AF cam and expandable memory got a lot of people drooling back in what was it? 2004?
05 if im not mistaken.
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-06-20 17:45
I dunno if Esato is that much quieter, but it certainly is tonight/today. There must be something big on somewhere tonight/today because it seems like hardly anyone is posting anything.

Usually the garbage threads are alive around now. Did a whole group get banned or something?
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2008-06-20 17:48
I'm still having connection problems at home so I can't post as much as I'd like but it comes and goes.

@masseur

I was wondering, what is the most ever online on Esato?

TA
Caspa
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2008-06-21 00:13
i concur.

i remember the haydays and that was the P800 era.

back when the mobile market was developing still, prior to todays market saturation.
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2008-07-03 11:29
The P800 era was by far the best days for SE, so naturally it was the best time for a board dedicated to that company. With products like the P800 and T610 you had genuinely new, bleeding edge, innovative products that naturally excited people and got them talking. For a while now, SE have lost that edge - they aren't the technology leaders they once were, so of course many of the posters here have moved on to other, more innovative brands.

I've been using an HTC for the last 8 months, and have no interest in any of SE's new models, I'm only here out of general loyalty to the past. Sad but true.
mrao
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-10-07 22:48
yup...same story here....although i was around more during the p900 and subsequently the p910 era...i moved on to WM and more recently to an E71..in course of my quest for a better equipped business phone...and i must say...nokia seems to have put its 'bricky' days behind it...and provide a well rounded product in the business phone segment..something seems to be struggling with since the p990 days.... I still love the garbage section on esato though
t610 > k700i > p800 > p900 > p910 > k750i > I-mate Jam > Blokia 6681 > HTC Prophet > HTC Wizard & Nokia N73 > E71 > BB 9000 > HTC Desire > Samsung Galaxy S > Samsung Galaxy S II & the Motorola Xoom
<br />
Still Shiny but not so n
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi