Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Nokia 6220 Vs Sony Ericsson C902

Author Nokia 6220 Vs Sony Ericsson C902
Raiderski
C901 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-05-20 15:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
dualist
if you own both then maybe you can show us how "bad" is K800 and how "great" is K770?
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-20 15:23
@Raiderski
There is a K770i v K810i Camera Quality thread here: http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=164926&start=0
Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
Raiderski
C901 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-05-20 15:44
i know about this thread (thanks anyway). i would like to see really nice test of those two. nevermind, forget, this thread is not about this
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2008-05-20 15:47

On 2008-05-20 14:39:51, carkitter wrote:
@Rifqi Aziz
Michelle Bak on SE-nse seems cautiously optimistic in her comments so I'd say the negative comments in this thread are premature.

his*
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-20 16:35
Doh!

nettl
T600
PM
Posted: 2008-05-20 16:55

On 2008-05-20 14:09:21, carkitter wrote:
@nettl
Grow up!

When car magazines do roadtests they get experienced race drivers to drive the cars at 10/10ths on a race track at speeds normal motorists will never achieve to test a vehicles capabilities - haven't you ever seen Top Gear? When camera Magazine do tests they use expert photographers, but when these undercover 'review' sites get unofficial unfinished prototype phones and give them to enthusiastic amatuers guess what you get?

And then you get all the SE hating Nokia owning trolls pouring petrol on the fire, followed by the conspiracy loving naive members most of whom have under 50 posts who claim its all on purpose to screw money out of us.

As I said, grow up!

I think it's quite funny how you can't come up with a proper counterargument for my last post, and as a result of that call me a "SE hating Nokia owning troll" just to defend yourself, and still have the audacity to tell ME to grow up...*very* mature of you

[ This Message was edited by: nettl on 2008-05-20 15:56 ]
sadeghi85
Xperia Neo Black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-20 17:45

On 2008-05-20 11:13:30, carkitter wrote:

On 2008-05-20 10:19:57, Rifqi_Aziz wrote:
This is from gsmarena preview of C902:

Unfortunately, the trademark red-to-pink conversion that all recent Sony Ericsson cameraphones manifest is still present here and judging from our experience it will be there in the final products too.

Link :
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_c902-review-223p3.php

And the paragraph above the one you quoted reads:

"Judging the camera quality of a beta unit is a risky business. Even so, it's clear the C902 camera is a capable shooter. The images are crisp with nice detail. Noise level is relatively low, especially with sufficient light. The autofocus camera does very well at close-ups. Color rendering is relatively good; yet all colors are a bit cold. We think they need some 10-15% more saturation to ride high."

Well guess what... some contrast and saturation tweaks could be all that's needed, and those are things that firmware can deal to... lets wait for the retail version eh?

"I would like to say this in advance: if this camera will be used in the final model, that hits stores, than it will be a fatal failure.
(It’s interesting that the C902 that gsmarena.com has been testing makes pictures with the same amount of noise and blur, but they were happy with them.)"

http://mobilearsenal.com/revi[....]sson_c902_nice_try/camera.html

Edit: Ok, we will wait for the retail version

[ This Message was edited by: sadeghi85 on 2008-05-20 16:51 ]
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-20 17:50
@nettl
I have effectively debunked your nonsense, if you read where the discussion has moved onto, you'll see that there is ample evidence of good picture quality available from the C902 even at this EARLY stage.

And I don't consider you a troll, you fall into the later category with this statement...

Now that statements just makes no sense - do you really want reviewers to place an untypical effort into shooting just to make a product look better and mislead people that are taking casual snapshots only (or in other words, the VAST majority of buyers) into believing the camera is great when it's not 95% of all times?

I'd rather see a review that shows me untypically bad pictures and experience some pleasant surprises in real life than the other way round.

...I just missed you by 12 posts that's all

"Innovation in styling comes from innovation in packaging" - Gordon Murray

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2008-05-20 16:52 ]
nettl
T600
PM
Posted: 2008-05-20 17:54

On 2008-05-20 17:50:35, carkitter wrote:
@nettl
I have effectively debunked your nonsense, if you read where the discussion has moved onto, you'll see that there is ample evidence of good picture quality available from the C902 even at this EARLY stage.

You have, yes? So where exactly is the analogy between car speeds and image quality? The driver chooses the speed according to the circumstances and laws. Do your cameras have settings for lower quality too? Mine don't - I get the best quality image the camera is able to to take, it always is on the very edge of the possible. Your analogy is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar-fetched at best, so: get off your high horse, it's not like there's any reason for you to be on it...

[ This Message was edited by: nettl on 2008-05-20 16:57 ]
technical-expert
W595 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-20 18:11
@all

we all know carkitter has reputation of defending Se products having looked at previous post, the appraise for SE has been never ending.So no matter what ever evidences are,or however bad SE products are, Some people do not agree that SE has fallen both in camera n music quality. And will fight till the end to prove that SE is best phone ever made.

Best Regards
Technical Expert
K700- W800- [W810]- W200-[ P990]=[Current].

One expert at esato that never lets u down
technical-expert.
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-20 18:19

On 2008-05-20 13:43:36, nettl wrote:

I've mentioned in the past that I don't believe the photographers on those review sites are very talented, there's no sign of the 'rule of thirds' being used, in fact composition and general subject matter sux BIGTIME. When you use a camera you need favourable lighting conditions whether its a T610 or a K850 or even a DSC-H3. Whadya expect?

Now that statements just makes no sense - do you really want reviewers to place an untypical effort into shooting just to make a product look better and mislead people that are taking casual snapshots only (or in other words, the VAST majority of buyers) into believing the camera is great when it's not 95% of all times?

I'd rather see a review that shows me untypically bad pictures and experience some pleasant surprises in real life than the other way round.

Somebody needs to take off those rose-tinted glasses for once I'd say...

[ This Message was edited by: nettl on 2008-05-20 12:49 ]

It's not being 'rose tinted' to expect product testers to be experts in thier field. It just common sense. But you reply with the expectation that reviewers will try to recreate the errors of point and shoot camera novices just so YOU can be pleasantly surprised when you fluke a good shot!
That's just you being naive.
You haven't read anything in this thread except for your own posts it quite obvious, your statements betray your lack of comprehension.
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-05-20 18:19

On 2008-05-20 18:11:02, technical-expert wrote:
@all

we all know carkitter has reputation of defending Se products having looked at previous post, the appraise for SE has been never ending.So no matter what ever evidences are,or however bad SE products are, Some people do not agree that SE has fallen both in camera n music quality. And will fight till the end to prove that SE is best phone ever made.

Best Regards
Technical Expert

Haha are you serious? I can't see how someone who goes around making such stupid accusations can ever expect to gain any credit for being a 'technical expert', which by the way, you're not.

Carkitter may like SE phones, and thats absolutely fine. So do I. He is not saying they are the best ever made, he is simply being more logical than many other users around here. People round here seem to think that we now judge a mobile phone by its camera. Maybe some of you would be better off at a digital camera forum, its all you seem to want.

If you don't like SE products, thats your opinion. Just don't expect others to go along with you, just because you're a 'technical expert'.
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
nettl
T600
PM
Posted: 2008-05-20 20:07

On 2008-05-20 18:19:17, carkitter wrote:
But you reply with the expectation that reviewers will try to recreate the errors of point and shoot camera novices just so YOU can be pleasantly surprised when you fluke a good shot!
That's just you being naive.

Yeah, really naive to expect a phone review to use the phone like any normal person. Silly me! Of course they should hire models and lightening assistants for the photo examples, because that's what any normal user would do as well, right?

On 2008-05-20 18:19:17, carkitter wrote:
You haven't read anything in this thread except for your own posts it quite obvious, your statements betray your lack of comprehension.

Oh I've read the thread...absolutely awful pictures posted, first few comments point that out, until *traritrara* the shining SE Apology Squad appears on scene, pointing out typical apology number 1 ("oh, it's just early firmware"), continues onward to typical apology number 2 ("the reviewer just doesn't have a clue how to use the cam properly"), typcial apology number 3 ("the reviewer is sooooo biased!!!"), typical apology number 4 ("But I've seen much better pics here so the fool doing this test just had an older prototype") and the final typical apology number 5 (a stubborn "SE is still better")...

Posting here is fun - even with just pointing out the blindingly obvious, a couple of people go off like fireworks...pure comedy
Coquito
W810 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-05-21 00:07

On 2008-05-20 18:19:31, Muhammad-Oli wrote:

On 2008-05-20 18:11:02, technical-expert wrote:
@all

Best Regards
Technical Expert

Haha are you serious? I can't see how someone who goes around making such stupid accusations can ever expect to gain any credit for being a 'technical expert', which by the way, you're not.

Carkitter may like SE phones, and thats absolutely fine. So do I. He is not saying they are the best ever made, he is simply being more logical than many other users around here. People round here seem to think that we now judge a mobile phone by its camera. Maybe some of you would be better off at a digital camera forum, its all you seem to want.

If you don't like SE products, thats your opinion. Just don't expect others to go along with you, just because you're a 'technical expert'.

Ditto
lennyv87
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-05-21 06:58
Shame yourself SE.... Cybershot isn't what I used to remember anymore...
|| Message post from SE P1i ||
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic