Forum > Network operators > Europe > O2 are crap

123  Next
Author O2 are crap
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2008-05-14 21:26
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Im very unhappy and frustrated. Im an O2 pay and go customer i spend quite alot of money with them and upgrade alot. Anyway on my account i have the 7.50 a month unlimited data plan. Now after paying for this i expect service but no cos im a pay and go customer im treated like second class. I have been trying to get my G Mail account to work but nothing seems to work no matter what i do. My Mail Application never connects so i downloaded G Mail settings from Nokia to my phone. Still nothing. So i tried reading email through Google search still would never work. After speaking to many customer service members and going over settings a million times they then tell me that pay and go customers cant access email like contract customers can. WHAT? I went crazy i said i pay for my unlimited data and cant access my email when other customers can totally unacceptable other networks can do it so why not O2 pay and go. He then said sorry and hung up the phone. If this is true and i cant sort this im going elsewhere its just not good enough. I know how to set up my phone for it so then i find out its O2 at fault. Plus on top of that their internet lately is so slow and always playing up nothing ever loads. Fed up. Anyone else heard of this or had this problem.
shanespencer
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-14 21:51
I've not had that problem with O2, but I did have the same thing with my T-Mobile contract. 3G simply doesn't exist; I can't access any Internet sites, and my email always says "server cannot be found". I gave up - I now use that contract as a spare whilst my O2 contract is my main one.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2008-05-14 21:57
Im just thinking who is going to be best if i move to another network. Will i move back to Orange or maybe 3. Orange used to work better when i used to be with them 3 i dont know perhaps they might be best. Hate Vodafone and T Mobile. Running out of options.
number1
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-05-14 22:00
i've been with two networks pay as you go, vodafone the internet was fine but expensive 3g signal was ok, i'm now with t-mobile they have web'n'walk, unlimted data for £1 a day or £2.50 for 5days what is annoying is contract customers get the option for £7.50 a month unlimted browsing. anyway the t-mobile internet is fine 3g signal is the best and internet is quick and works all the time.
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2008-05-14 22:01
I Know that O2 at the moment are in the process of upgrading the 3g, hsdpa, and edge network and i think that some of the other masts are having to take the extra strain while the update them.

I know yesterday i had problems in connecting but today its been fine. I also now get 686kbs which is alot better than the 80-120kbs i use to get.

Im sorry to hear that you cant access the emails. Im not sure why o2 dont allow payg customers to do that, I would hope further down the line they would introduce it.
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2008-05-14 22:08
I moved to O2 a couple of months ago to use the EDGE on my iphone.
reception in London and my local area is fine but on the train trip to and from London Bridge its awful. On the 40 minute trip I get coverage just half the time! Even during the last 5 minutes coming into London Bridge I get almost no coverage. when I say coverage I don't just mean EDGE I mean any time of reception!

Previously on t-mobile I had no issues at all and had coverage all the way, allbeit gprs only of course.

So today I asked for my pac code and I'm heading back to tmobile. whereas tmobile could give me my pac code on demand over the phone, o2 tell me they can only "request" the pac code and I have to wait 48 hours to get it!
imazz
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-14 22:12
I tried vodafone, t-mobile, orange and three payg over the last 6 months. I was comparing against my O2 paym for data access. The only one that stood out as better was Three. Thats in the Notts/Leics area.

I was happy with O2 until a couple of months ago then it started to go downhill.

I think the O2 network is showing its age, more and more people want data access now, they can't keep up.

And Bonovox I agree not giving the payg customers proper internet access is a joke.
number1
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-05-14 22:16
i checked out 02's pay-as-you price plans they sound really good £7.50 a month unlimted data and top up £10 a month and i get unlimted texts, where as now i'm with t-mobile who offer £2.50 for 5days unlimted data and texts at 3p each should i switch to 02????.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2008-05-14 22:54
What annoys me is that at the end of the day weather im pay as you go or contract im paying for my services just like contract customers pay so why do i get a second class service. I seriously think networks need to start treating pay and go customers better cos they will start losing customers. I dont want a contract so does that mean i deserve worse or less of a service than contract. Im seriously thinking of moving to 3 i know how good their coverage and network speeds are. And yes O2 are dragging their feet with their network upgrades and coverage. I really thought O2 were different but they are just an ancient network who care nothing for customers. Im going to leave soon. Yes i know contract customers sign up to a deal and the networks are going to get money out of them but pay and go customer numbers are higher and spend alot so why such a poor service.
Daedalus85
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-05-14 23:13
I'll come back and correct you with a few facts when I'm not so tired (at O2 we work hard, contrary to what you seem to think...), but in the mean time, I'm going to watch this pot of crap untruths boil over a bit more
My opinions on this forum are that of my own and not of the company I work for.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2008-05-14 23:33
I did not mean to be nasty im just very frustrated the service has been great upto now. Its just not what i expect from the uks biggest and so called best network. And its not what i expect when i pay for a service and to be told i cant use it. Not good enough.
Daedalus85
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-05-14 23:51
I'm off to bed, but all I'll say is this. We have the biggest UK consumer base (the most customers) and given (admitedly) we've only just got our 3G network up to 80% population coverage, I can understand why their spreading everyones usage a little thin.

Also bear in mind, their offering truly UNLIMITED Internet in terms of the ammount you use it, which is something the other networks claim to offer when they infact do not (they all have fair usage policies of between 300MB and 5GB from memory). So as a result, O2 have to draw the line somewhere, and until our network becomes that bit stronger they have to make a few sacrifices.

And whoever it was who said they don't get any coverage on the train in London, somethings wrong there then, because I really don't believe that for a second. Unless any part of the journey goes through particularly bad valleys or thick concrete or through tunnels and under bridges, then there should be no problem. The other alternative reason is your using it at peak times, and due to the way mobile phone masts are structured, your near by mast might be overloaded at that present time with fellow O2 customers using it.
My opinions on this forum are that of my own and not of the company I work for.
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-15 00:03
Hi all

Well i used be with T-Mobile and found there Web N Walk service was excellent at that time. But since last November i have been with VodaFone and must say i have been very impressed with both customer services and the Network coverage. Especially as i now get 500mb of Data pm for the same price just with less texts that i never used anyway here is recent speed test i got using my E90 with a 3G/HSDPA connection.

Not sure what the VodaFone Pay as You Go deals are like but they may be worth taking a look at.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-05-14 23:05 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2008-05-15 00:06
I have full 3G coverage by me i thought 3G had massive capacity compared to gsm. I know what your saying regarding busy times and such but it still does not excuse that i pay the same as contract customers of 7.50 per month and cant use email and they can. I see no excuse. Sorry.
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-05-15 00:07
as for the title it took you long enough to notice?

James don't flame me cos ive been on the network longer then you have been in employment with them

I never had any problems with data via 02 only expensive charges last year cos they were the most expensive network to supply Data.

£3 a MB is ridiculous..

Luckily switching to Vodafone ive had the benefit of the doubt im paying still less, and atleast there CS are more sympathetic as to what 02 are.

You should switch to "3" as im aware you get 2GB of data on Pre-pay anyway! I found out that Vodafone offer all weekend free calls, and low cost international calls now so you should try them all out till you get the right one. All I need to do is get my family off 02, bit hard when they lock there bleeding phones though
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi