Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > Bluetooth specifications and more :)

Previous  123 45 ... 101112  Next
Author Bluetooth specifications and more :)
arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-07-21 03:37
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Jan, anycom ate their words. this is not true as I have version 1.0 card also and with 2.0 software it has object push. maybe they want us to buy newer cards, and hell no i'm not going to
Quote:

On 2002-04-26 04:13, jh67 wrote:
BTW : the Anycom card is v.1.0., thats the card I got And according to Anycom, it doesnt support the object push (from/to phone). At least not at the current moment.

GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-07-29 03:26
Just a quickie: can manufacturers add support to other profiles by upgrading or flashing the device firmware?
arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-07-29 04:10
@gowin, the limitation is the chipset. if the chipset supports it, then it's just a matter of software 'exposing' the capability just like what anycom did.
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-07-29 04:13
thanks for the info arnold.

This post was posted from a WAP device

EddWo
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-07-30 17:17
I know there are lots of bluetooth adaptors for printers and HP Deskjet 995 has it built in etc. but is it or will it ever be possible for a PC to host a printer and provide the bluetooth printing profile throught a usb or pcmcia adaptor?

It seem like this is the best way to go, as it requires the least additional expenditure for those who already have adequate printers.

I got the Tecom usb adaptor this morning and have a T68i, connecting them goes fine, but I think being able to use the print feature straight from the phone would be a nice additional touch

Edward
IrDA_FAN
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-07-30 19:39
This is a real interesting question how to use a PC like a gateway or BT-host for print profile. I will try to simulate this bridge.
flipmacster
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-08-06 18:28
Will a Tecom Bluetooth USB Dongle work on my mac?
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-06 19:05
orang3 and jh67-- Orang3 you CAN use the voice answer function... I'm currently using it on my T68 and HBH-10. Jh67, you are correct in that you cannot ACTIVATE the voice functions without pressing the headset button, BUT you can answer the phone without touching either the phone or the headset at all as long as these are set:

1.)Voice Commands are on, Voice answer is on and you have recorded a command for it.
2.)Under Bluetooth, headset sound is set to 'in headset'
3.)Voice Answer Environment make sure to select Bluetooth... this instantly activates voice commands once a call is received, the phone then listens for a voice command over BT.

Unfortunately, MAKING a call requires you press the button on the headset.
elma
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-06 19:43
GOwin you are tight those two profiles are very interesting but I have heard rumours that not many mobiles will have these profiles due to pressure from mobile networks on handset manufaturers, as usual the networks are afraid of losing out on revenue, a real shame really as we were looking at eneterprise solutions using mobile for local calls over Voip networks.....would have been really nice. But cant count it out yet, still waiting on more info.

though as a point of interest many of the blutooth AP's we have trailed have the the cordless profile and there are companies that are making voice software to work with existing headsets

** I feel luck to be the one the first person in perth WA to get my t68 upgraded today woohooo now all I need is a network to use mms on
Aero
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-08-06 19:58
I use a PC-Card from IBM with SW from Digianswer. It works perfect in order to send pictures and sounds to and from my T68i. Obviously this software supports more than vCard and vCal over Object Push.
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-09 12:07
@elma
do keep us posted on developments. even if we dont get the chance to try it ourselves, at least it's nice to hear about others getting the chance.
Psychological-Defiance
T68 grey
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-13 01:15
Very informative, guess you guys have been doing your homework. ericssons and SE's websites arent really very easy to navigate, especially sonyericsson.com

peace
funks
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-28 20:20
Quote:

On 2002-08-06 18:28, flipmacster wrote:
Will a Tecom Bluetooth USB Dongle work on my mac?

I believe the BT preview stack for OSX supports both CSR and BROADCOM devices..

The Tecom is a broadcom device (AKA Belkin USB BT adapter)

Does anybody know how microsoft's BT stack will work with profiles? It's supposed to use IPV6 for interconnectivity, does it mean all devices hooked up on the PAN will need to be IPV6 enabled?

[ This Message was edited by: funks on 2002-08-28 19:23 ]
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-09-14 04:45
GOwin,

Glad that your just as interested in both of those profiles just like myself. I've been following Bluetooths advancements since the last 3 years......

If anyone can remember Ericsson's site about Flash demos of Bluetooth long before the T39 or T68 both were realities, maybe when the T36 was on the drawing board, one of the Flash demos actually displayed the first one you mentioned.

Actually I'm hoping that there is a way around this by enabling your computer with Bluetooth and connecting to the 56k modem + software to dialout a phone number.......Apple's iSync software is the closest I've seen make this protocol a reality (SMS from the computer thru the Bluetooth phone--Ericsson of course--and to another cell number, or doing this as a response from rejecting an incoming call all done on your Mac).

I dont think wireless telcos really care about this anyway, because the majority of people are still having trouble figuring out their voicemail; hence the reason for the massive buying shitty phones and not opting for high-tech services, making telcos not bring-in enough money to move forward to enable 3G......can you say economies of scale boys & girls? I knew you could.LOL. Anyhow, wireless telcos would be happy because the phones that can do this via bluetooth are on the high end of the price list for retail pricing and on contracts (at least in North America). The majority of those of us inclined to take advantage of our homelines completing or taking over an "active" cell phone call via Bluetooth wouldnt happen so often throughout the day....Y?? Because the phone that we carry is of course MOBILE meaning 8outof10 we'd be outta range to take advantage of this.

STILL I WANT IT NOW!
uleet
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-09-20 19:30
nice, thanks for sharing
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 45 ... 101112  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic