Author Free Internet on new Vodafone contracts
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-05-03 00:35
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@ Mr Miyagi and James,

listen to teacher (Masseur) im not saying a thing

btw these should be on the first page of this topic here are the new plans which I got from Vodafones eForum posted by one of the Staff there

An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Mr Miyagi
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2008-05-03 08:19
Masseur. All i can say is that you have been poorly misinformed by the managers and staff. When the unlimited bolt on was first introduced it was a 200mb usage limit. When o2 launched the iphone it was 200mb limit too however due to complaints by customers they decided to make it unlimited. O2 den launched wot it called its unlimited tariffs.where as if you are on a sim only deal you can have an unlimited option or if you are sayin 35or more on 18 month contract again have an unlimited option on your plan.the unlimited options have got rid of the fair usage limit.i can assure u of that. James can confirm dis4me as an o2employee

from terms and conditions on o2 web bolton options:

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsconditions/tariffsandboltons0153

Data Bolt On Terms
The Web Bolt On allows you unlimited use of O2 UK’s Edge/GPRS/ 3G networks (as applicable to your handset), for personal internet use via your mobile phone. All usage must be for your private, personal and non-commercial purposes. You may not use your SIM Card:
in, or connected to, any other device including modems;
to allow the continuous streaming of any audio / video content, enable Voice over Internet (Voip), P2P or file sharing; or
in such a way that adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers.
If O2 reasonably suspectsyou are not acting in accordance with this policy O2 reserves the right to impose further charges, impose network protection controls which may reduce your speed of transmission, remove the Web Bolt On from your account or disconnect your tariff at any time, having attempted to contact you first.

The Wi-Fi Bolt On allows you unlimited use of The Cloud’s UK Wireless LAN network for personal internet use via your mobile phone. All usage must be for your private, personal and non-commercial purposes. You may not use your SIM Card:
in, or connected to, any other device including modems;
to allow the continuous streaming of any audio / video content, enable Voice over Internet (Voip), P2P or file sharing; or
in such a way that adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers or customers of The Cloud.
If O2 reasonably suspects you are not acting in accordance with this policy O2 reserves the right to impose further charges, impose network protection controls which may reduce your speed of transmission, remove the Wi-Fi Bolt On from your account or disconnect your tariff at any time, having attempted to contact you first.

Other Pay Monthly Products

O2 Web Max Terms (for mobile phones and modems)
O2 Web Max allows you unlimited use of O2 UK’s Edge/GPRS/3G networks (as applicable to your handset), for personal internet use via your mobile phone, modem or data card. All usage must be for your private, personal and non-commercial purposes. You may not use your SIM Card:
in, or connected to, any other device excluding modems/data cards;
in such a way that adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers, including using an excessive volume of data as compared to the majority of users of O2 Web Max, which is currently more than 3GB of usage within a one month bill cycle.
If O2 reasonably suspectsyou are not acting in accordance with this policy O2 reserves the right to impose further charges, impose network protection controls which may reduce your speed of transmission, remove Web Max from your account or disconnect your tariff at any time, having attempted to contact you first.

**** no mention of a limit since der is no limit**** but if they find u are using it too much. they will contact you.

i rest my case lol

[ This Message was edited by: Mr Miyagi on 2008-05-03 10:32 ]
Daedalus85
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-05-03 09:04
I can completely agree with that, on the Simplicity £25 and above you can have truly UNLIMITED web, provided your using your phone to browse and not your PC, and same applies to standard £35/month and above contracts on 18-months.
My opinions on this forum are that of my own and not of the company I work for.
Alpha Trion
Sony CMD MZ5
PM
Posted: 2008-05-03 20:47
@Dogmann

Don't want to be a pain but what are the data/download/browsing speeds you're receiving on Vodafone now via your phone?......you did say you'd post speeds yesterday

Currently got about about 2 weeks left on my Orange contract and really want my next contract to include fast, reliable, mobile internet & email usage.

I'm in a real dilema at the moment as the phone that would fulfill more than all my needs (N82 black) has just been released on Orange, but we all know how tragic their data bundles/costs are. a few months ago i was certain i was going to switch to O2 (N82 silver) on an 18 month with the data bolt-on but then came the whole data speed cap issue. Now suddenly (almost out the blue in my eyes) Vodafone have come up with this gem, the downside in my eyes though is no N82.

Anyway just compiled 3 mobile speed tests as i type (100k) and have recorded an average of 107.6kb/s (76, 122 & 125kb/s) all with full 3g reception.

On a bit of a side note, having read about Vodafone currently implementing the short code bar for summer 2008 (as T-Mobile) they are becoming more and more a serious consideration for my custom.
ayejatt
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-05-03 21:22
how can you test ? :S

i'll try on mine
[+34,-0] esato+se-nse, 63 Trades

SEs: SO905iCS White/Gold, C905, C902, 595, 810i, 850i, 880i, 890i, 900ix4, 910i, P990i, Z610i Blue, z610i Black,K800i,K550i,K610
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-03 22:06
Hi Alpha Trion

I hadn't tested it yet as haven't really been out of my room due to pain and it doesn't get the best of signals due to Double Glazing as you can see, but i just did a quick test with the below results. When I'm out and about and have a better signal i will test it again to see if it improves as the other day it was showing 998kbps.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-05-03 21:15 ]
Mr Miyagi
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2008-05-03 22:36
i have to note that you will only get the best speed depending on location. For example. Doggman correct me if i am wrong, according to your name it says below location London? I take it that is where you from? Most networks would provide the fastest speed der due to demand and corporate demand from those working in the city.

Since I have read it somewhere that vodafone's best speed will only be in London and not other areas. I believe the speed goes up to 6MB i think.

So those in area's that are not major cities may find the speed slightly lower.
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-04 00:17
Hi Mr Miyagi,

I'm in Hendon which is NW London but as i explained i don't get a great signal when in my flat due it's construction and Double Glazing. When i am in a little less pain and get out i will test again with a full signal strength and see if the speed improves.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-05-03 23:18 ]
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-05-04 00:26
Go to google and put in internet mobile speedtest! On mine ive got 1,086kbps ! vodafone changed added the data for £5 basically ive got the £30 new tariff atm they didnt even add a extra 6mths onto my plan!
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-05-04 00:59
forgot 5.27mb thats what im getting atm! Im in west midlands
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-04 08:01
Hi all

Just realised that yesterday i actually used the wrong VodaFone connection this is the result using VodaFone Internet which gives a much better result as you can see. But i will try again at some point from a different location.

But even this speed is approximately 4.5 times faster than standard 3G @384kbps.

@Miss UK

Sorry to disappoint you but it is just not possible for you to be getting 5.2mbps as the max speed your N95 8GB will handle is 3.6mbp, so not sure how you arrived at that figure. I think the 1086kbps is your speed which is just over 1mbps and still nearly 3 times faster than 3G.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-05-04 18:22 ]
Alpha Trion
Sony CMD MZ5
PM
Posted: 2008-05-04 22:43
Bloody hell! (excuse my french) thats an excellent connection speed. The more i read into Vodafone at the moment the more appealing they become. Thanks for that Marc (good to have you back on here by the way, after a few months absence i believe).

@Miss UK, good to hear you can receive good speeds too in the W-Midlands being based there myself.

Now thinking possibly:
1 - take contract on Voda with N95 8GB
2 - sell N95 8GB
3 - purchase N82 Black via Nokia direct
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-04 22:47
@Alpha Trion

Thanks for your kind words but i haven't been anywhere and have been here all the time maybe just not posting as much though.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-05-04 21:48 ]
Alpha Trion
Sony CMD MZ5
PM
Posted: 2008-05-04 23:19
Oh sorry, must not be paying as much attention these days!
just remember you getting/giving a bit of grief earlier in the year thats all (well, some fine heated debates against some 'blinkered fanboys' to be honest if i remember correctly ) and mentioning you were going to shy away from Esato for a while.
Anyway, getting back to the thread subject Voda are definately looking positive for my vote but have yet to see what orange retention deal i can get. If they won't budge on their measly/expensive data then in all likelihood i'll be tasting some of those high download speeds first hand very soon
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-05-05 00:06
Marc I tested that with Vodafone live connection!
theres 4 other settings which are available from Vodafone on the N95-2.

thespeed keeps varies btw I used some mobile speed test site called:
broadbandchoices.co.uk

since ive upted my data my accounts unavailbe to get into yet my 3.5g seems alot quicker then it was a few days ago, the 3.5g actually stays on the phone most of the time but sometimes refers to 3g

Im located near the merryhill centre in the midlands
yeah you should test the N95-2 its a good handset quite capable of anything tbh

I popped into Vodafone store saturday and picked up the new mag for May eveything you need to know about the new plans is is there

Just looking at my account from Vodafone and they have completely moved me onto the new £30 tariff 150 anytime network mins and 500 texts with 500MB data without extending me priorley another 6mths :wink:

I may have to see if Passports still free cos I use myphone to text Germany and with that you save on texts :wink:
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi