Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Debranding a vodafone live motorola v8

Author Debranding a vodafone live motorola v8
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2008-05-01 10:48
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi guys!

Never had to do this before as I have never had a branded phone before. I thought I could stand it but it irritates me with each passing day that I don't mind invalidating the warranty.

If anyone has done this before (using vista) please help me with a step by step guide.

Thanks and much appreciated.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-05-03 01:21
Hi there,

I think this maybe of use to you

Just a note before - you're braking the warranty and you'll lose all your data incl. phone book, messages, calendar, photos, MP3's, etc..

Download the MotoDEV 2.9.0 drivers (google this: Firmware RAZRē V8)
Download and install RSD Lite 3.8 (or higher) (google this: Firmware RAZRē V8)
Download zipped or rared monster pack FW 80.42.0FR and reflash of 80.42.39R and extract it (google this: Firmware RAZRē V8) - Firmware Originali Italia and Reflash R601_G_80.42.39R_Reflash_V8_By_Kimi_1FF
Start the RSD Lite, connect the phone (the best USB setting would be "Modem", you will avoid all the annoying connections and disconnections during the "new HW found" process), wait until the RSD Lite finds the phone (you'll see it in the right and bottom cells)
Browse the SBF monster pack (Firmware Originali Italia) flash files you've downloaded
Click "Flash" and just wait until it loads everything, restarts the phone and says something like "success"
Now repeat step 5 and 6 with the reflash of 80.42.39R
That's it, you have your unbranded original FW version 80.42.39R (and you've lost all your data)

http://www.modmymoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59803

An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2008-05-03 21:41
@Miss UK

Thanks but I've been through that site and actually gone through that very same thread. The problem I'm facing is that they (guys at modmymoto) seem to be using windows xp as I've tried that with vista and it just doesn't work unless I'm missing something.

Thanks for your input though.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-05-04 23:53
Oh right thats a slight bummer then

don't you know anyone with XP still? so you can try
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2008-05-05 19:20
Most of my friends
are using vista the
rest have macs.
I'll try and find
someone with xp,
thanks once again.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi