Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Walkman 3.0 for P1i

Author Walkman 3.0 for P1i
5nak3
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-04-30 17:13
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
ok say if you have a CD by band x and you rip 5 songs what you do is oen Mp3tag, point it to the directory where the 5 songs are stored e.g. my documnts/my music/band x.

Find the album art you want via any site or pic on ur PC and right click select copy to clipboard or words to that effect

In mp3tag since you have the correct directory it will have loaded up the songs in that folder in your case 5 of them. All you do is highlight all of the songs, hold down ctrl and click each song once.

Once they are selected right click the box with the CD icon to the left of the window and select Paste cover, after doing this press ctrl+s right away before clicking anything else.

And a popup should come up saying writing tag 1 of 5, 2 of 5 and so on. Once this is done press ok. And you can close the program. Send those songs to your phone, and there you have it.

gbu
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-04-30 22:38
I was wondering just what is Walkman 3.0, whats the benefits of having it compared to the standard player thats installed on the phone.

Should i get it, do i need it etc?
5nak3
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-04-30 23:03
probably not, since most changes are cosmetic rather than functional. It is a nicer player, it sorts out the music by artists, albums etc... but also has a couple of cool features time machine (plays songs from a given time period), moods (after setting the mood of the songs you can choose to play those songs only), has auto playlists (most played tracks, fav tracks, lowest rated tracks etc...)

All in all it has some nice touches, it is a fairly simple mod, truth be told you can damage your phone and i wans't ver comfortable doing it because i didn't want to end up with a bricked phone. It is nicer than the default player, does it bring anything new to the table? A few things, is it worth it if you are happy with the default player...not really, unless you want fancy things.

Want to show off to your mates? Then get it without a doubt lol.

Hope that helps.
Peio
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-05-01 14:23
Hi!
It may be a dumb question, but how do you add a "compilation" in that player? I have a lot of OST music from movies or games, with 1 artist per song, and I'd like to use that cool feature (with "hide artists associated with compilations in Artists view")
5nak3
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-05-01 15:02
As far as i know and the only way it worked for me was to put all the artists in the same album directory e.g.

I got songs by queen, meat loaf, razorlight, black sabbath and they all come from one album so my directory structure is

Artist: Top Gear -> Album: Top Gear Anthems -> Queen, meat loaf, razorlight, black sabbath songs here.

In Mp3tag (the tagging utility i used) i have different artists and title names, but the album is all Top gear anthems and the album art is all Top Gear Anthems album art.

Hope that helps.
ScottXe
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-05-01 18:17
It sounds the Player 3 is a good one but actually what are the goodies over the built-in one on P1i?
AD
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-05-01 18:29
it seems @5nak3 answered this quite eloquently a couple of posts above yours
gbu
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-05-01 18:49
Cheers for the info 5nake, it sounds cool so maybe i'll give it a go, just one thing though if it bollix the phone up can a master reset/format get it back to normal again?
Only had it a few months and dont want to invalidate the warranty etc
5nak3
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-05-01 20:06
@gbu

As far as i am aware if you do mess up the phone you can reverse it, I've heard of a person messing up their m600 and bringing it back to life. However, I do not know how they did this, and I do not want to advise you to do something on the basis of "i heard someone did this"

Is there a risk? As with all electronics when you mess with hidden files there is a risk, if you follow the instructions step by step you should be fine, but there is no 100% proof method.

Unlike a PC the phone doesn't get a nice recovery CD with it, you've got SEUS to reflash the phone, but it doesn't always work and it actually killed my phone when i tried using it.

There is XS++ (3rd party software) which has helped bring phones back to life, but i'm not sure on the details, maybe AD can fill them in if you ask nicely (and in the correct topic, in fact a search will probably throw up the answer)

Remember you are writing files in the folders the phone uses on booting up, and which are usually hidden, if something does go wrong there is a very good chance it will be a big mistake.

Like you i didn't want my phone to die, i took a stab at it, and it worked. But as i said i was very concerned when doing this mod because the phone is not cheap.

If you feel comfortable, go for it but be aware that there is a risk involved. If you are happy with the default player and do not want the risk do not bother.

Just make sure that you ensure that you have a newer firmware on the phone, i read about someone with an older firmware (dont know the number) and the mod wouldn't work until he updated his firmware. For reference my firmware is the R9J005 & R6F41 firmware and it worked for me.

Ultimately the choice is yours, and while there is a 90% chance it will work no problem, the 10% chance of something going wrong is for you to decide if you want to take the risk.
gbu
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-05-02 15:41
Many thanks for the straight forward advice 5nake, i think i'll leave it for now, i have another mp3 player that i use mainly anyway and music on my phone isnt the be all and end all for me so the normal player will do for now
5nak3
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-05-02 15:47
no problem mate, but if you do decide later to undertake the mod, a post in the fourm for anything you are not sure about will no doubt get you an answer.

Enjoy
corrado85
M600 white
PM
Posted: 2008-05-03 05:05
any updates for m600i users..

thanks
O_mardini
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2008-05-05 23:11
Hi
thanks all
but i tried to install the walkman and complet all steps but when i start the app it say "application couldn't be started"
plz help
jeffrey89
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-05-06 16:38
hi is there any1 who can teach me how to install walkman version 3.0 on my p1i step by step?i will appreciate it...i wanted to have it on my p1i vry badly...pls...any1 help me
technokid17
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-05-07 10:33
how to install wm3 in a p1i?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi